test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamond Changes

Comments

• tom40stom40s Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Cryptic you need to bring back the AD to leadership people paid for those extra slots and hero of the north and dragon born packages we use the ad to level up our characters and it was all good and legal. How you can say it was an exploit is mind blowing. Even with the Leadership profession people including myself paid hundreds if not thousands on this game what you are doing is wrong.
  • dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    mattsacre said:

Without AD in, now some tasks would be silly to take. Is there an official time table or a word to be had on how they plan to retool and re-balance the task rewards?

No, they didn't give any. In my opinion they should of course have done this when removing AD. It is clear that they did not redesign the tasks, something I really don't understand. I wouldn't want to release something like this to MY players if I were making an MMORPG! It's just ridiculous and shows your players you absolutely do not care.

I really, REALLY don't understand why they did not properly redesign Leadership during the 2 months or so it was removed from gateway. Surely they did have 1 day of time while designing stuff for Strongholds and Darkwhat'stenextexpansioncalledagain?
  • zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    goatshark said:

Our goal: if you play Neverwinter, you earn AD.

Scott Shicoff
    Lead Designer

I spent roughly three or four hours playing Neverwinter yesterday. I completed about nine repeatable quests in Spinward Rise, solo, with my Cleric, to finally reach level 70 so I could equip some new gear. Then I did four or five quests from our Stronghold, including a few Heroics, solo, with my Cleric. Then I headed to Well of Dragons and did a few daily quests there, solo, with my Cleric.

Where is my AD for playing Neverwinter? For all that time, I got maybe 1,000 rAD from invoking.
  • skandranon68skandranon68 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Well, I have a guild. It is a veeery small one, as my friends and I do not enjoy PVP (couldn't care less for it). I was soooooo happy when the previous change gave me the chance to play solo on most quests again (I went away from the game as it was not possible to play without backup) and now you have eliminated one of the few means for people like me, who cannot play all day, just a couple of hours at night, once we are home from work and cannot play an endless number of dungeons or skermishes, to earn a some AD. You are basically making sure we have to purchase what we need with real money, as there is no other way left to upgrade otherwise. My friends are considering giving up for good, and if you look in any given location, no matter what level, you should note the thing most absent: the players!!!! I remember going in a location and finding lots of players. Now? Most of the places are almost empty. Even the new locations for 60-70 lvl up!! Shouldn't it make you think that there is something really wrong in the changes wrought?
    I believe you should have found another way of stopping exploiters and I agree with one of above posts: who needs 50+ character slots unless it is for farming or exploiting? I have 5 characters and it is impossible to play with them all, I can only imagine what it would be with 10, let's forget 40 or 50.....
    :-)
  • acorsawacorsaw Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    This quote:

First of all, I hate PvP and I hate grouping up with people I don't know in real life. I played three characters to 70 (GWF, Cleric, Paladin), a Control Wizard to 68, and a Warlock to 67. I do all the quests in every zone and I love completing the boons. My main has all the Dread Ring boons, all the IWD boons, all but one of the Shrandar boons, 4 of the WoD boons.

Here's how my day has gone so far:
    Queue for PvP, my team was so overmatched it wasn't even close. We got 17 points and two people quit about 30 seconds in because it was so lopsided. I got zero AD for this even though I only did it for the AD.

Queue for eLOL, we got to the dragon rider and he killed everyone, multiple times. I got zero AD for this even though I only did it for the AD.

The most AD I have so far is from standing in a circle praying.

By playing the game, doing quests, and achieving boons I am negative AD. The only way I was able to get the AD necessary to pay for the boons was by praying and doing Leadership.

I would say that clearly, you have failed in your goal.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I feel like I've posted this a hundred times already:

Run normal 3-man dungeons for the AD!

Normal ToS takes less than 10 minutes, is pretty much fail-proof, pops almost instantly after you queue, and should give you over 3k rAD + 3-4 pieces of blue gear.

Just make sure everyone runs over Syndryth's body for the AD coin piles (this stupid mechanism will be changed shortly, per asterdahl). You don't need a dungeon key; using the free daily dungeon key will get you that 4th blue gear and some pegasus seals.

Edit: running T1s and T2s will definitely net you more AD -- since the bonus AD goes up for harder dungeons, as well as rAD from salvaging gear drops -- but if you're failing on the first boss in eLoL, just run nToS.
  • branndisbranndis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    acorsaw said:

This quote:

First of all, I hate PvP and I hate grouping up with people I don't know in real life. I played three characters to 70 (GWF, Cleric, Paladin), a Control Wizard to 68, and a Warlock to 67. I do all the quests in every zone and I love completing the boons. My main has all the Dread Ring boons, all the IWD boons, all but one of the Shrandar boons, 4 of the WoD boons.

Here's how my day has gone so far:
    Queue for PvP, my team was so overmatched it wasn't even close. We got 17 points and two people quit about 30 seconds in because it was so lopsided. I got zero AD for this even though I only did it for the AD.

Queue for eLOL, we got to the dragon rider and he killed everyone, multiple times. I got zero AD for this even though I only did it for the AD.

The most AD I have so far is from standing in a circle praying.

By playing the game, doing quests, and achieving boons I am negative AD. The only way I was able to get the AD necessary to pay for the boons was by praying and doing Leadership.

I would say that clearly, you have failed in your goal.

I agree with all of what acorsaw said. IMO they broke the game with Tyranny of Dragons, when the number of repeatable quests necessary to get boons really skyrocketed. If you don't want to pay real money for module boons, you have to spend a crazy amount of time. Then, the value of accomplishments prior to Tyranny of Dragons was made meaningless by the introduction of level 70 items.

Each of the modules seems to make this game less fun to play unless you have a lot of time, a lot of money, or a really stable guild. Developers, you need to find a way to make the game fun again, and not punish players who just want to play for a few hours a week.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    I've been running TOS two times per day and DO NOT get even the 3000K per run promised, and DO NOT get VIP bonus on top of that. Even re-engineered rules (weekly event around here) do not work as promised.

The dungeon provided full daily benefits prior to this nerf.
  • offpuddingoffpudding Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    Pardon me for mentioning this, in case it's already been brought up .. (I can't read all of this)

but ... you can do Leadership on gateway again .. I just noticed .. I was laying in professions and I wondered why it "looked" different, then I realized it was in my browser

:*

I don't really need any, "but leadership isn't worth doing anymore" comments .. I'm just trying to help out those that need to use their phone from work .. etc

again, sorry if this is common knowledge >:)
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    Again,

There will be more means of obtaining AD added. There's no need to be a broken record about how much AD you make now. It would be far better to suggest mehods other than Leadership in which you would like to generate AD rather than continuing to beat the dead horse which is the majority of this 71 page thread.

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I posted it several times:
    + the Devs should place Stronghold Vouchers into the former rAD slots of Leadership
    + add rAD to campaign quests, and add rAD to the campaign lair chests
    + add rAD to story quests
    + adjust or remove a lot more AD sinks in game
    and still waiting on some "official" answers.

You might want to take a look at the last update for SkyForge, there they work on a "catch-up system", to allow new or returning players to catch-up to vet. players by "gaining prestige rapidly".

I'm not saying that everything has to come much faster to new or returning players, but i'm pretty sure that some middle ground could be found to improve the current situation.
    + gaining at least 1 power point per overflow, until you have 80 points
    + or getting a few extra power points while leveling up from 60-70
    + as mentioned above, rAD from campaign, daily or story quests

Anyway, adding at least Stronghold Vouchers to Leadership would be a major improvement for the profession and the players, that invested so much time and money into it.

And if you point into the direction of RP stones, i point into the direction of the Auction House... the prices for those stones are going down the drain right now.
    Which might be great for those, with "stockpile" of rAD or AD sitting on their characters, but for everyone else, this is just showing, that leadership has become a very broken profession...

And i'm not asking for returning of rAD to leadership, in fact, just remove the rAD from the rare tasks too, and replace it with high quality Stronghold Vouchers.
    It would also be nice to see longer tasks (for example more then 12hrs) rewarded accordingly.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User

Again,

There will be more means of obtaining AD added. There's no need to be a broken record about how much AD you make now. It would be far better to suggest mehods other than Leadership in which you would like to generate AD rather than continuing to beat the dead horse which is the majority of this 71 page thread.

It would have been better if the development team had worked these suggestions out themselves before the Leadership change.
    Then implemented them at the same time as the AD removal.

Surely you can see there has been a basic error here in removing the AD - and only then scratching heads to think of ways to compensate for the loss.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • acorsawacorsaw Member Posts: 3 Arc User

I feel like I've posted this a hundred times already:

Run normal 3-man dungeons for the AD!

Normal ToS takes less than 10 minutes, is pretty much fail-proof, pops almost instantly after you queue, and should give you over 3k rAD + 3-4 pieces of blue gear.

Just make sure everyone runs over Syndryth's body for the AD coin piles (this stupid mechanism will be changed shortly, per asterdahl). You don't need a dungeon key; using the free daily dungeon key will get you that 4th blue gear and some pegasus seals.

Edit: running T1s and T2s will definitely net you more AD -- since the bonus AD goes up for harder dungeons, as well as rAD from salvaging gear drops -- but if you're failing on the first boss in eLoL, just run nToS.

This was excellent advice and has fixed the skirmish dungeon issues I had. It hasn't fixed the intense hate I have for PVP but really nobody can fix that.
  • cesukecesuke Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    I only see ecónomy is stopped... Ppl asking for Trans Vorpal for 3 millions..: 6 millions legendary snail... Is crazy!! Ranks 12 in 1.5...
  • dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited September 2015

mattock13 said:

Two years ago it cost you about 200% less to advance your toons, they increased the amount it takes and ALSO cut the income to do it.

I have NO problems with reducing AD, if they ALSO roll back some of the costing structure.

And that has been PROMISED. One of the few times I have ever been able to say that. But they don't want to do things wrong by doing everything all at once. There will be changes to a lot of the pricing structure and some are coming sooner than you expect.

As I have said earlier in here the only reason AD sinks had to be so high was to offset the obscene amount coming in from leadership farms. With those gone we will hopefully see a lot of prices down but it is hard to balance all of those changes, logically, without knowing how much these changes effect AD generation so it will take time.
    I didn't see any promises, maybe I missed it? Was this a behind the scenes thing?

I said earlier in this thread that a promise and some more clarity would go a very long way to keep people from jumping ship. At least for a while, while things are worked out. It would be ironic if there was a promise that no one knew about. :)

Goatshark stated several times in this very thread that pricing structure will change.

It was not a behind the scenes thing.
    you mean like how they said they'd work on getting the old dungeons back, or they promised a resolution to the account wide companions, or how bots were solved with the leadership gateway/ad nerfs. the devs and management have repeatedly promised things and not delivered. we want deadlines and a concrete plan. not a kneejerk nuke and some table scrap. the continous release of untested, anti player patches is a pattern not a 1 time fix for the economy.
  • psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    Goatshark said:

"Leadership, while no longer a major source of AD, is still a good source for XP, Gold, and loot items. All of these things are valuable to regular players, but less so to botters."

Let's break that down:

XP - You can make 70th level in a few days, even if you are a casual gamer. You get more doing a single Daily every day, than you can get through Leadership, with all 9 Leaders. No real value.

Gold - Unless you need lots of Craft Nodes Kits, Healing Pots, and First Aid Kits, there is nothing to spend Gold on, and it serves no purpose in the game. Again, no real value.

Loot Items - Valuable, really? Chests and Barrels with:

- White, Green and very rarely, Blue Crafting materials. None of which is useful after you have your Crafting maxed out, and all of which are routinely found while adventuring, at far faster rates. Most end up in Crafting Storage, in bundles of 999, until I purge it occasionally and throw them away, since Gold is all but worthless.

- Occasional low level (4 and below) Runes and Enchants. Since everything I have is Rank 8 or above, these get refined into larger ones. So some, very minor value, but very rare drops from the Chests and Barrels.

- Potions that are effective for levels below current Character Level. Throw away, selling for Gold is counterproductive, as there is no use for Gold.

- Portable Altars. Woop de doooooooooooo! I routinely throw them away, as all they usually do is eat up space in inventory. As well as the potions, since Gold is basically useless....

- Lesser Marks. Nice when you needed to upgrade to Rank 4 & 5, but after that, just get refined as the low level Runes and Enchants above. Not much value.

- Craft kits. Which I can buy cheaply with relatively useless Gold. Oh boy!

Still trying to find the great Loot mentioned in the OP, and how any of it is useful for normal gamer's. I don't use any of it, except occasionally Gold to buy Craft Kits, and my Gold supply is ever growing.....

With the exception actually Crafting Personalized Jewelry, The Pants & Shirts for your Class, Reinforcement and Crafted Potions, there is nothing else of use, that is comparable to Gear and Artifacts you can find through gaming and the AH. Some of these are only good for your specific character. (BOP)

Only the Potions have the potential for continually making AD through resale, especially now that the AD spigot is turned off. Even then, the ROI is minimal, and you can make far more simply playing the game, and selling what you find on the AH.

I am not sure they know the meaning of Valuable....
    Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
  • therealairheadtherealairhead Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User

Just because a person figures out how to bot something doesn't mean you remove it...It means you figure out how to remove the botter not the piece of the game botted..

+10

Every change Cryptic has done in the last 6 months (as long as I've been playing) PROVES one of the following:
    1. they simply disagree with this statement,
    2. or that they don't understand it,
    3. or that they lack the technical ability to achieve it.

Personally, 2 sounds too ridiculous, and 1 is hard to imagine as well, so it must be 3. So most likely, they can't remove the cancer without cutting off the whole limb. And in the end, the fact that their game is 'so botted', speaks to how boringly simple it is to play, which is another reason to leave i guess... ltr
  • branndisbranndis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User

Again,

People are upset about Leadership because: 1) it was the biggest time drain of any profession; 2) it was one of the few professions worth the time; and 3) lots of us used AD and keys to get high level profession assets to reduce the time.

Developers need to acknowledge that their actions have had the result, hopefully unintended, that we wasted our time leveling up this profession. Seeing a statement like Goatshark's that "Leadership, while no longer a major source of AD, is still a good source for XP, Gold, and loot items. All of these things are valuable to regular players . . ." tells me he has no idea what is important to regular players. psyb3rtr011 is spot on in analysis of how meaningless gold, XP and loot items are to anyone over level 60.

ambisinisterr, the reason this thread is so long, and the reason many of us sound like broken records, is that the developers never seem to acknowledge changes/mistakes that: 1) should and could have been avoided, if they actually played the game; and 2) result in so many players time, effort and money being wasted when rules and rewards are changed so drastically.
  • blanndeblannde Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Again,

There will be more means of obtaining AD added. There's no need to be a broken record about how much AD you make now. It would be far better to suggest mehods other than Leadership in which you would like to generate AD rather than continuing to beat the dead horse which is the majority of this 71 page thread

People are entitled to make their point of view, people repeat because no one seems to be listening. And people are being pretty polite about it considering the whole affair. And it is better to add something before removing something. Also if there is a plan of what is going to happen POST in detail then people would know what to expect. The way this AD thing has been presented is very unproffessional.
  • mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    **Solo player friendly**

I just had a great idea for more sources of AD into the game for LEGIT players, make all quests award AD, every single one of them!
    This would also add value to items that are long lost forgotten about, worthless items that are 100% junk in our AH, collecting dust.

Quest givers now also require 1x "Bounty Items" when you turn in a quest for completion. In addition to the quest items you hand over to the quest giver, they will now also ask for one of the following items, depending on which zone you are questing in:
    Many-Arrows Insignias, Blackdagger Insignias, Necromantic Sigils, Ashmadai Symbols, Grey Wolf Insignias, Deathknell Shard Sliver, Blackdagger Gold Coins, Mithral Nuggets, Blue Fire Insignias, Symbols of Lolth, Ember Shards or Dwarf Relics. (Could add Formorian Concoction for Sharandar and bounty items for areas that currently have none like Icewind Dale and Stronghold just to name a couple.)

Just having the item in your currency/inventory isn't enough, the quest giver will ask for a specific one and you must physically click and drag the item over to the quest giver and then turn in your quest, if you add the Bounty item he is asking for you get Rough AD! and of course quest completion, if you don't add bounty item you just get the normal reward.

I think that they really do want us to have more AD but just don't want people taking the HAMSTER.
    I think they want people who actively play the game to get rewarded more their hard work.
    I think that making everything we "actively" participate in, such as Quests [and HEs] pay out ADs is a move in favor of the legit active player.

While the above suggestion may sound complicated at first, its 100% not. Devs need to make the quest givers move around a bit, I mean seriously who stands in a single spot all day eday?! Make them patrol and small area maybe.[Moving them means bots cant find them.] Once a quest is completed you open your currency and click and drag said item to the quest giver, maybe he even asks for you to drop the bounty item into a specific/highlighted slot. ADD: Or quest giver asks that we speak to a specific person in that area and give them the bounty item (game would randomize this as botting deterrent), afterwards returning to the quest giver.

**Do all this and get your freaking AD! And none of this 500-1k AD HAMSTER, everything that pays AD needs to be bumped up, quests to give like 2k+ a pop. I'm 70 so please stop giving me xp, blues, greens and gold, it's all junk. :P

Again,

ADD: more info
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • wylderrwylderr Member Posts: 3 Arc User

Again,

There will be more : There should have been a plan in place prior to the removal and or changes of anything made in the game. Even a list of here is what is coming and this is the time line. Should I have done something in my job such as this, with the statement oh don't worry there will be more later, I would be on the unemployment line.

Broken Record: This is a rather hypocritical statement as we see "there will be more" countless times and sadly more is like tomorrow, it never comes.

Suggested methods: I see countless suggestions, ideas and wonderfully creative thoughts from many of your players, they are never acknowledged, nor even commented on that I have seen.

Beating a dead horse: See Broken record.

That being said. I think someone/someones already suggested this or something similar. Why not give us a way to trade in all the useless seals/other currencies ( At least for this casual player) I gather all these while I play ( in my limited capacity) by the time I get enough to get anything, that something is useless to my character level.

Make it a quest, someone else suggested make the trade in vendor mobile. All great suggestions.

Lastly...Perhaps before you make large scale changes that create a 71 page commentary in the negative you do not want to have to read, you ask for "suggestions" first.
  • mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    wylderr said:

Broken Record: This is a rather hypocritical statement as we see "there will be more" countless times and sadly more is like tomorrow, it never comes.

And when it does there all like-

"Hey Guys!!!!! Come get this 2k AD for nearly an hour of your time!!"

- Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User

Again,

I love how condescending this is.

Again,

We took out the dungeons to retool them, they will be added back into the game.........we promise.

There are cedibility issues here.

• grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    Ok, multiply that by 50 and see what botters could do. I agree with Viperwitch23 - you are insane. By the way, denying it confirms that you are.
    zeusom said:

Something like this seems reasonable:

1 GMOP per day of casual play.
    20-30k AD per hour.
    3 skirms/dungeons/pvp in 1 hour.
    8000 to 12000 AD per run.
    So AD rewards need doubling.

• lucadamingolucadamingo Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I spent all my 20 million AD on Hero's and Adventurer's and now i'm left with nothing and can't sell them for a quarter of what I paid.I have played this game for years and it had great potential but I get screwed at every turn.I constantly reported bots for multiple things,and nothing was done (and they remained most of the time).I know they were bots cause you buy a stack and another pops up a tenth of a second later and of course they have thousands of stacks,not to mention level 1 characters in town selling the stacks.Everytime there was a double refinement all the bot users stopped selling refinements and disappeared for that time...how did that magically happen?Everything here is corrupt and used to control the economy and when there are problems they are ignored.I won't bother with this game ever again besides going around and giving low level people all my stuff so maybe they don't pay real money on this game like I did or atleast less.Now you can go ahead and delete this mr.moderators,don't bother messaging me with your threats it'll be a waste of time.I'd stay if I was compensated but players aren't important so I know that won't happen.
  • alezolalezol Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    skalt112 said:

Again,

I love how condescending this is.

Again,

We took out the dungeons to retool them, they will be added back into the game.........we promise.

There are cedibility issues here.

Didn't you get it? They will be the "new" dungeons in the next module! XD

• theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    The dev team is condescending, but what they're saying isn't wrong.
  • psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    Alt Armies is still the easiest way to acquire large amounts of AD. Invoke away baby!....

What do I mean:

10 Alts in under 4 hours time, will get you 30K AD

20 Alts can accumulate 60K AD in the same time.

30 Alts gets you 90K

40 Alts gets you 120K

50 Alts gets you 150K

After this, you have to extend time since the login times between characters will start to take you into a 5th hour.

No amount of playing the game and repeatedly running dungeons/skirmishes/PvP/Foundry will get you close.

Best of all, Extra Alts are cheap, much cheaper than Hero's, Adventurers and Man-at-Arms, don't take as long to get to a level where they can earn you AD, and take a fraction of the time to Invoke and log off that it takes to Collect Rewards and Reassign tasks.

Yep. They fixed it alright. Not!
    Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
  • blanndeblannde Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    Think anybody insane enough to invoke 50 alts for fours hours deserves 150k.... though where they'd find time to use it beats me unless their the dungeon dwelling 40 year old stilllive with parents type....
  • mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    So let's do something for EVERY player to get AD. Don't force players to play stuff they find inane.

Try this:Every single quest reward on turn in a small amount of AD. 100 here, 200 there soon adds up to 1k then 3k etc.

Every PvP match reward a minimal amount of AD, same way few 100 soon adds up as well, maybe make it 100 for ea match lost and 200 won. But don't make it a "daily" type thing or some hour event.

Just figure how long the average match runs and how long the average quest takes and make it reward the sameish for time spent if 100AD isn't enough then 200 lose 400 win, whatever.

Same with skirmish, dungeon etc. gather the stats for average time spent per thing and offer a flat amount AD per time frame spent.

Instead of having hour events, or tying it to dailies for AD have it reward X AD for time frame spent. To encourage time spent rewards instead of hour events or limited dailies, have the cumulative time spent gain more like invoke does.

Example #1: quest 1x turn in 100AD, 2x quests 200AD, 4x quests 400AD ea etc. this will allow solo/questers to gain their AD in the relative same time frame as other activities. It will reward players that put in the time, play 2 hr you gonna "earn" AD for that time frame, play 4 you are going to get more, no forcing you into content you hate when you reach the type you likes daily cap.

Example#2: PvP 1x lose 100AD, win 200AD, 2x lose 200AD, win 400AD, lose 4x=400AD, win 4x 800AD (I don't play PvP so perhaps the amount needs tweek for the time frame) but same idea, you get a increasing reward for time spent in content you like and not be capped and forced to stuff you dislike.

Example#3:Dungeon/skirmish completion trigger (boss/task) drops AD appropriate to time spent, no key! No daily cap as others, increased rewards for time spent, no forced content runs for things you dislike.

What would be the intent of doing it this way? Nobody has to be forced to play a way they dislike just to earn AD, the AD will be generated for time spent, encouraging actual play, rewarding in greater amounts for time invested. It will encourage game play of the type you like, never "having" to break from it to be "forced" into game play just to get AD, AD generation will be incidental to what you do already.

All of this would be capped when you get to 24k/d, so if you are a true die-hard and play marathon 16hr sessions you won't get more and "exploit" it.

This discussion has been closed.