test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to patch the launcher, even.

loviotorloviotor Member Posts: 13 Arc User
So, I am unable to even get the game to launch. I click on play from the arc client (which worked flawlessly last night), and it attempts to patch the launcher, and that errors out. When I attempt to ping the patch server it fails to resolve the host. Here are screenshots of what happens:

Patcher:

Ping:

This is irritating and I would like to see if anyone else is having the same or similar issues.

Everything else is working flawlessly on my computer, other games, internet applications and browsers...

Comments

• maderiamaderia Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    I'm having the same issue now. I was on earlier today without a problem.
  • sungodssungods Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    i got the same problem
  • guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    same here...
  • alariusgrefalariusgref Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    same
  • fuj11fuj11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    i am. it stopped at 20, message appeared, unable to establish connection to patch server......
  • unraveledoneunraveledone Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Was on 15 minutes ago. Logged off and now I have the same issue. DDOS attack on the patch server??
  • snowflower5snowflower5 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    Yep me too :(
  • everxnighteverxnight Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I submitted a ticket and haven't heard back and no announcement about any issue with it has been posted on their neverwinter facebook, anybody have any idea how it could be solved? really want to play /:
  • unraveledoneunraveledone Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Just checked Twitter and nothing new as of yet. I'm just trying to make it to lvl 30 tonight, but might have to put that on hold now...
  • ampepsiampepsi Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I have the same problem.
  • occultloreoccultlore Member Posts: 2 New User
    Have same problem, though it stops at 19 times and delivers the error message, how do you fix it? Can you download a new launcher? or is it gonna be fixed on their end?
  • mikhael21mikhael21 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    My cryptic launcher autoupdate states "Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient. Tried connectiong HAMSTER times." Thereafter, a pop up window states "Connection problem - Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. xxxxxx"

Can somebody help, please? Thanks in advance!
  • fuj11fuj11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    mikhael21- not sure if there is anything to suggest...It seems other links and sites are down as well according to other posts and discussions on this issue. I guess we just have to sit and wait...maybe I will blow the dust off Baldur's Gate series always fun to play for a bit.
  • loviotorloviotor Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I'm talking with some of the folks in my guild (gaming community), it appears that the majority of us in the guild having the issue are comcast customers. I'm not sure if this means anything, but it's consistent across those of us in the guild.
  • jantasjantas Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Same problem here.
  • connovar4connovar4 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Same problem. was in game but went to change zones, it started to patch, I had to task manager close the game, now i cant get back in. :(
  • coliercolier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Same issue here and I am on AT&T...started with slow loading of dungeons when entering them...I should have just lived with it and not logged out :(

But yet, the Xbox servers are still up and running, go figure!
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    I'm also boned. Gateway works, forums obviously work (when mods aren't deleting threads about this, anyway), game itself is dead.
  • xanaphobicxanaphobic Member Posts: 2 New User
    Same problem as well, I just started playing today, thought my installation messed up because of it. If it at all helps to note, Comcast is also my ISP.
  • malchantetmalchantet Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Same here. 21 times to connect before it gives up. I was on 5 hrs ago, I logged off for dinner and a movie and now can not get back on.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Ditto. Worked fine a few hours ago.

Oh. Gateway page won't load at all, either.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • arcartelarcartel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same problem here
  • asmodeousxasmodeousx Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same issue. let me on for a short time after several attempts but kicked me off again.
  • phatboakphatboak Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    wish someone would respond
  • candispiritcandispirit Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    why dont u guys add a new map area, with a different server. so not everything is down if theres an issue
    I'm wondering if their network change was to remove the DNS for patchserver.crypticstudios.com altogether because when I nslookup it, I get nothing at all.
  • mallofinmallofin Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    same issue here, tried through Arc, won't connect. Tried Steam, same problem... corrupt launcher?
    Looks like they are aware and responded on twitter

• ausuboausubo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same problem for me, trying to update the launcher tried Connecting 16 times .It said unable to establish connection to patch Server.