test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is NWO Dungeons & Dragons game or Pure PVP game?

schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
edited September 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Yesterday i logged in and i saw what????

Events : PVP domination /PVP gauntlgrym/PVP domination /PVP gauntlgrym/PVP domination /PVP domination/PVP gauntlgrym/PVP domination/PVP gauntlgrym/PVP domination

Nice events .
Hmm... what event shoud i play?
Shoud i play pvp or pvp or wait wait wait there is pvp or pvp idk cannot decide i have too much freedom.
But there are no seals.

I really like the idea of stronghold pvp but it take too long for almost nothing.

Now skirmish and dungeons not worth to run i know every last artifact equipment prize so low(1000-2000 ad) , buying a key is total not worth it.

But pvp all day?
Why is this good to me? Why devs think i want to play this game ?

Can somone explain this to me?
GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
Post edited by schweifer1982 on

Comments

• cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    I don't think anyone can rationally explain any of this.
  • hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    This game seems more like "bouncy castle" to me than D&D
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    Really, we were all screwed over the moment Neverwinter was released instead of a 4E game engine Neverwinter Nights 3
  • fogtripperfogtripper Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    cjh1983 said:

I don't think anyone can rationally explain any of this.

I know I cannot. Only having PvP as featured content, and that being a mind numbing amount of choices, yeah... I don't think much thought at all was put into the latest patch.
  • reposterzreposterz Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    I say screw PVP cause it really means the most Imba team wins, I want a retcon of this game if possible and emphasis on PVE because that what was what made me start this game. Game was good and fun till mod 5. Mod 6 is too screwy with the removal of dungeons and mod 7 I do not even want to touch, and so do all my friends and family.

RETCON.... make things functional again! Free to play and PVE orientation for everyone.
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    Bring back the hourly dungeon delves and skirmish events with additional rewards for completing it (like 50% more AD rewarded during the hour) so that people know when to queue up for them. Also bring back the foundry hour with worthwhile rewards.

The PvP/PvP/PvP hour is totally nonsensical for me. Even though I enjoy PvP, this is a D&D game.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • tantivetyrelltantivetyrell Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    You should read the explanations about the hourly events
  • glowingemberglowingember Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    according to devs, players can't read. Too many players were forgetting to pick up lord neverember's daily ad quest.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    The hourly events are only PvP Glory right now due to the AD changes. Rather than having to go do a dungeon or skirmish at a certain time, now you can go get AD from them all day long (up until a certain point). If you wish to blame someone, blame the bots. They are why we can't have nice things.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

The hourly events are only PvP Glory right now due to the AD changes. Rather than having to go do a dungeon or skirmish at a certain time, now you can go get AD from them all day long (up until a certain point). If you wish to blame someone, blame the bots. They are why we can't have nice things.

I'm sorry, but the BS "blame the bots" is getting old. Umm, Ad has been taken out of leadership and there is still 15 bazillion bots choking the servers to death in Ghost Stories.

People with leadership armies can still farm the @#!$ out of RP stones and sell them for AD on the AH. I'm sure you guys will get around to binding that soon enough, right?

The party line "blame the bots" is just not factual. Bots did not put Neverwinter in the state it is in, poor decisions made by the people in charge did that.

They'll probably eventually bind RP stones from leadership sure. But remember, an increased number of RP stones means the price of those RP stones will drop on the AH. Supply and demand.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    It no longer requires a "Dungeon Delve" event be active, in order to receive ADs for competing a dungeon. The same goes for Skirmishes. Additionally, there just so happens to be a double glory event going on right now, (and there were several non-PvP events over the previous months). It's just that your perception is skewed...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User

according to devs, players can't read. Too many players were forgetting to pick up lord neverember's daily ad quest.

according to the devs taking leadership out of the gateway would have fixed bots, did fix bots and then miraculously didnt fix bots.
    according to the devs taking ad out of leadership will fix bots. meanwhile there are 2000 ghost stories instances. and bot groups farming he's in icewind pass.

according to the devs the new ad methods ( dropped at final boss's feet) would reward playing the game but result in a net loss of ad compared to the old methods.

this is what happens when devs dont play their own games.

You should read the explanations about the hourly events

Yes, one of the reasons was that people forgot or didn't want to get the keys. So as a result we have to run twice the content for the same reward. You should critically analyze the "explanations" you are citing.
    kreatyve said:

Yes, having to run twice the content for the same reward as once was an awesome change and helps us out greatly.

I do not blame the bots. I blame the developer who thought up this to combat the bots.
    bioshrike said:

It no longer requires a "Dungeon Delve" event be active, in order to receive ADs for competing a dungeon. The same goes for Skirmishes.

So less people are focused on each activity, which means longer queues, and having to run the content twice for the same reward we used to get for running once. Sorry, but some of us do not have unlimited time to play, do not want to run the same content X2 for the same 1X reward. Some of you who support this change really need to think more about it.

I put it like this elsewhere:
    Your boss decided to pay you half of your per hour rate, but is "allowing" you to work twice as many hours as before. Does this change still sound reasonable to you?
    edited September 2015
    Did I mention we have to run the same content twice now for the same reward we got for running it once?
    :)

Combating bots? Last I checked, my time was limited. Bots? Not so much.
  • darwinsradiodarwinsradio Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    I don't believe its the BOTs fault anymore. If it was the BOTs fault you would simply BAN those running BOTs and the problem would have been solved.
  • therealairheadtherealairhead Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User

They'll probably eventually bind RP stones from leadership sure. But remember, an increased number of RP stones means the price of those RP stones will drop on the AH. Supply and demand.

Then everyone will do what? alchemy! Then potions will be bound, because bots can do that too! Maybe they should turn off professions, make every item in the game bop, shut down the AH, remove ability to trade player-to-player, shut down the trade channel, and CURE the economy, by simply not having one.

I personally would rather see them stop the witch hunt, and actually create some new interesting content, cause the game is getting more and more boring. Extremely boring.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    greyloche said:

kreatyve said:

Is it really the bots we should be blaming??

I would argue the bots have been around since i started playing a couple years ago. and they really haven't hurt me. in fact due to the bots a lot of stuff on the AH was reasonably priced and that kinda helped me. I would also argue that all of the measures taken so far to hurt the bots have actually hurt legitimate players far more and for far longer than they have hurt the bots.

so maybe someone should say, "please stop trying to help me. I'm not sure i can live with the help for much longer".

Just a thought.
    Yes it feels like they have cut off THIER nose to spite the face. The bot war (if that is what they are truly doing) is. Causing them to react way to heVy handed and it is seriously affecting the game quality.

The game is less fun than it was, by a large margin.
  • nimandiirnimandiir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    I've enjoyed this game mostly solo and really enjoyed the 'open' events like Dragons, IWD etc. It's the decompress after work casual d&d setting that I've enjoyed. Storyline driven grind, great combat... I just want to play the game, have fun and not have a system nuked that kills my fun every 3 months... cause thats how it seems.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    the game is f2p, like many f2p games the initial effort to build the game is pretty much the game you are going to play for years.
    In this particular game dungeons come "every death of pope" so content becomes boring and people starts to play mostly pvp which is always evolving into something new (not always better but definitely new).
    the trick to always enjoy what you have got its to see the game as an app store game...with the same quality.
    rayrdan said:

the game is f2p, like many f2p games the initial effort to build the game is pretty much the game you are going to play for years.
    In this particular game dungeons come "every death of pope" so content becomes boring and people starts to play mostly pvp which is always evolving into something new (not always better but definitely new).
    the trick to always enjoy what you have got its to see the game as an app store game...with the same quality.

My issue with this is that not every game has D&D stamped on it.
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Neverwinter is not a good PvP game because it is most likely item and not skillbased (btw. we have only 3 PvP Maps since the very beginning of the game and only one mod).

And Neverwinter is in my opinion not a good Dungeons&Dragons game either because we have not a great varity of Dungeons and the Foundry is not necessary for the game and abadoned by the Developers and then the players which means no Playerbased Adventures and Dungeons either.

To answer your initial question: Is NWO Dungeons & Dragons game or Pure PVP game?

It is not a D&D Game neither a Pure PvP Game. It inherit the license but in sense of gameplay, it is not.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
    The mathematicians answer is "no."
  • dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

only with less content that 6 months ago....
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2015
    To me, yes it is a D&D game. Neverwinter brings me D&D Lore and Immersion. I haven't touched PvP in Neverwinter for almost a year now, so... to me, no it is not a PvP game. Many people tend to harp on rulesets as proof of "D&D" legitimacy, when D&D has never been about the Rules (well, except for 4th.. but that changed back now), it's about the Adventure. If rules are what makes something D&D, then the entire concept of D&D is lost.
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

Cuz i dont have 500kk on my char sitting and i dont have broken stuff to play pvp there is no fun for me.,

We have 6 dungeons i am already boored.

So where is the fun for me?

GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl