Install Arc

The game is getting better. Really

2»

Comments

• laderlader Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    daniloslv said:

BEFORE:

I started playing in 2013 (Mod 0) Before Sharandar and before Hunter Rangers. The game was great. And dungeons were very hard. You aggroed something you shouldn't in Spellplague dungeon? Your party would hate you, because that was a certain wipe. Fighting the second boss you had to be very very careful to bring the boss to a corner and avoid aggroing Mawls and Berserkers. The T1 and T2 sets were great. Very, very great. And you had to run all dungeons to get them. Those sets they not only were great because of stats, but their bonus effects was a great complement to each Feat tree.

The main problem were the exploits. Many, many exploits that were never fixed. Some I still remember. Karrundax was full of exploits from start to begining, like running and dieing in certain places to spawn at next camp fire. ETOS you could teleport on top of the door and go up to invisible wall and kill boss from there. Castle Never you could use singularity to pull all mobs on the pillar and push them over the gate.

All these and many more other exploits were not fixed, and stayed here for a looong time.

Because of this, I left the game and spent one year away. Left around when the hunter ranger was introduced. I came back at the end of last year, we were at mod 3 or 4 I think and the game was terribly easy. So much easy that dungeons took no strategy. Just stack 3 CWs and kill everything. Life steal was all the healing you needed. Healers and tanks were not needed in any way. And dungeon exploits were still abundant But I kinda missed the game so I stayed. This is good game, I like it.

Then came mod 6 with a very good promise. New lvl cap and dungeon redesign, fixing the old exploits. The game would be harder and tanks and healers would be needed again. And I liked it. I thought it would be great.

But it was a terrible implementation. HRs were one shotting everything, including bosses. DCs kept AP at 100% for the full party 100% of the time.

A good intention wasted with terrible implementation. It feels like they had a deadline and would release it no matter what.

Another problem that has been plaguing this game since the beginning is botting and AD exploits. This made some players very very rich. With full legendary artifacts and gear en ran 10-12 enchants. All this power kinda ruined pvp.

TODAY:

For Mod 7 launch I have seen some very good things happening.
    1) It doesn't feel like it was rushed like mod 6. Strongholds launch didnt have so many problems.
    2) They didnt rush to release unfinished content. SH PVP was released with a few issues, but not as bad as MOD6 launch. QUALITY IS GETTING BETTER.
    3) They are fighting botters and exploiters. The decisions made may not be the better, but they are DOING SOMETHING. For the first time in this game I see devs fighting against botters and exploiters.
    4) Leadership AD had to go, period. That was just wrong. Players should acquire money by playing the game, not by logging on a website.

The way I see it, THE GAME IS GETTING BETTER. The way devs are doing things are getting better.
    Communication got better.
    Having devs post on the forums is great! And I really appreciate this.

There is a lot of negative feedback going on. But I just wanted to write this to show people that things are GETTING BETTER.
    And I feel that we are on the right way to have a great game, a game we can enjoy.

And for last I would like to have two requests from devs:
    1) Buff Opressor
    2) Nerf Elven Battle Enchant
    Just kidding :)

(no, really buff Opressor please)

I agree with this.
    For me, now it's really more easy to cap the rAD. Not much easy like mod4/5 (salve purple), but moore smoothie.
    I never had a LS army, and my progress now are facing a wall of GMOP (like everybody else).
    All my money comes from farm/grind (WoD/Tiamat) in the weekend and for Coal from tarma/celestial coin (7alts,5days. More boring impossible e_e)...

I miss the set itens like you, and really hope for better things in MOD7. Until then, Skyforge seen really nice when making the same dungeons all the time makes me boring, after work.
    I belive in the game (not in the devs, if that's possible...).

Afterall, i agreed with you ("GETTING BETTER"), seeing the price in AH for many itens (and the ZAX) go down.
    I do not know how long will remain what way, but it's a thing.

Piece for the ragers <3

• rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    OK. Let's say that the new ADs policy is fine.
    Now I want more and I buy some zen to get some lockbox keys.
    Try some of them and as an average you find:
    - companiin kits: fine I can train my companion but...ops...500k up to 1kk to upgrade it. OMG!
    - tons of rank 7 enchantments: onestly i really don't know what to do with them.
    - some green blue stones - worth nothing
    - and finally....3 Sigil of the elements. The value of this is 12 (yes 12) AD
    - nothing for the SH is foreseen..

My question is always the same: there's no value in grinding forever, there no value in the zen market....

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • tom40stom40s Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    They should bring back leadership AD a lot of us worked hard to get it up to level 20 and then to level 25 and for the sole purpose of making are characters stronger. Even with the AD from profession it still takes years to get your character to the point that it is even somewhat a threat in pvp. Now with out the extra astral diamonds it is going to be nearly impossible to level you character up to anything decent especially for new players. Just consider the fact to get an artifact to orange you will have to spend 500,000 astral diamonds for refinement. And that is only one artifact we now have four slots. Then getting any enchantment to level 12 forget it with the new economy unless you have thousands to spend this game is now finished. I have spent a few hundred dollars on this game and sto but at least in sto you get 500 zen a month that you can exchange for dillithium I bought the hero of the north pack and there is no such deal and a lot of people said its not the same model but it really is; there is no difference in the in game economy of Neverwinter compared to Star trek online. My guild forget it strongholds is now on hold because Now instead of getting a few astral diamonds from leadership we have non, so the entire guild stopped to farm AD by playing pvp and other content that takes forever just to start so no one has time to actually play the game. Build a stronghold or even level up one character is now near impossible unless you have cash. Cryptic has said nothing and what do they care they will sucker more people into another game with an in game economy that works and then take that away. Well maybe its time to start living my life I have a gym membership that is going to waste.