test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Developers read feedback/Player polls?

worriedmammal8worriedmammal8 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
Hey guys,
This isn't to be negative or flame Cryptic, I'm just wondering since I haven't seen any input in feedback or polls. I can completely understand thrm not answering to flaming topics but, there seems to be a good deal of feedback and poll data on here that would seem to be useful. Players gotta be the number one priority, who's gonna spend money if they're not happy?

The reality is that if changes keep being made that negatively impact or continue to limit players such as, taking away AD from leadership when people have spent real money and time in increasing levels and purchasing assets does anyone think those players will feel comfortable in the future spending real cash on the game? Of course not, people put a high value on their time and it was essentially all taken away without compensation. I realize giving away free stuff isn't something a company likes but, sometimes if your going to make a change that has such a huge impact then you just have to bite the bullet. Everyone loses in the end but, it's better than just giving loyal players and others the middle finger and turning your ear.

I have to say I love the game, get a little bored yes but, it's because I'm on the Xbox and haven't experienced some of the negative changes that PC had had to deal with. Guys if you don't do anything your gonna have players not only leave but, be so upset about how they're treated that your gonna have people that will never play a game made by you guys in the future because, of the poor experience they've had. Along with that your gonna have potentially thousands of people with negative opinions that often don't shy away from telling other people of how you treated them, this is how businesses work in the real world regardless of whether ita Internet based or not. Granted Internet based ones may be a little more forgiving just from the sheer amount of people you can reach.

In the end, I hope someone puts their foot down at Cryptic and says enough is enough we gotta change how we run or business or we're going to go from having a very successful product to a very poor one with a low user base. Just my opinion, hope you guys read it and act to help your loyal players.

Comments

• theonlyopiniontheonlyopinion Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    Excellent points!
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    There is a lot of discussion, even amongst the die-hard fans, that this seems like this is the beginning of the end. I AM NOT KIDDING HERE.

There were 5 players in my Dwarven Valley instance... FIVE. The Black Ice Beholder sat there until the end... untouched. I have never experienced any of those situations before.

There were a lot less instances being used in PE... at a time when I was used to seeing 10 to 12 of them with 40 players in it.

The energy inside of the game has changed dramatically. It now has the same energy that you feel in a store with no customers and very little stock for sale. For your own sake I hope that you seriously think about what is going on. Instead of tying the hands of everyone in the game... give everyone a lump sum of AD and balance <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out... and then teach the man to fish.

As the saying goes... "give a man a fish and he will eat for a day... teach a man to fish he'll eat forever". Give us a "fish" to tide us over then give us the ability to fish on our own so we wont starve.

Right now... people are starving.

As I have said many times before... this is basic Econ 101. Give every person the ability to make a solid living... without having to lie, cheat or steal... and you will balance the economy anywhere. When a person has to resort to lying, cheating and stealing... that cripples the economy for years. The Liars, Cheaters and Thieves... will live large at the top... while the hard working people will embrace "teh suck" at the bottom.

To balance that out... there are 2 drastic things that need to be done. Increase the living wages... right now the living wage is barely able to keep one surviving. Then remove all farmed AD; remove ALL exploited AD.

When you do that... you tie the hands of all the people who actually do business with the botters. They would no longer have a need to buy AD from anyone... who is harvesting it illegally. Yes, it seems counter-intuitive to do that... but when people earn enough to buy things without botters(credit)... they have no need for them.

These are ALL Econ FACTS​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
    Exactly. We had the usual members of the guild on... BUT... not many of us were doing more than the minimum.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I can still remember PE in the early days around the mailbox near the auction house, you could barely make out the names of the players there were that many of them close together, now it's about as barren as I have ever seen it.

someone posted a link to a steam chart showing decline in activity over the last year, but to be honest, you don't need to see it when you see zones across the game so empty.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    One day I was in Icewind Pass and there were a total of 2 instances open, one had 15 people in it and the other had 8. That was a few weeks ago, and it was around about 5 pm EDT. And on the day that IWD is the stronghold help quest. Last week I was in WoD and the dragons were just sitting there not being done, so there is definitely a decline in players, it is evident just by seeing the game zones.
  • wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited September 2015

I can still remember PE in the early days around the mailbox near the auction house, you could barely make out the names of the players there were that many of them close together, now it's about as barren as I have ever seen it.

someone posted a link to a steam chart showing decline in activity over the last year, but to be honest, you don't need to see it when you see zones across the game so empty.

Surprisingly, the steam chart has not shown any major difference between days (working days, not weekends) before the leadership nerf and current state. Perhaps all the crowd in PE were leadership alts? Since strongholds were out - whats the point of staying in PE anyway? Occasional LFG if you want to PuG, take ToD quests and daily dungeon key. I dont spend more than 5 minutes/day there. Earlier it was "idle" place where you did all the stuff like refining, AH purchases etc. Stronghold replaced it.

Not that I find Steam charts accurate source of information, but going from "crowdy place" to "ghost town" should be visible even there.

Also, since I guess somebody with sceptical mind will say:"They are all bots farming GS/Dungeons now :)" - I dont believe that suddenly, in 1 day hundreds, or even thousands of players became bots.
    Post edited by wentris on
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    drkbodhi said:

Exactly. We had the usual members of the guild on... BUT... not many of us were doing more than the minimum.​​

Speaking for myself, I'm having a hard time getting motivated to even log in. I could do a round of invokes, but the amount of AD I'd get is so small as to hardly matter. I'm not interested in grinding the same dungeon or skirmish over and over because of the sheer monotony and the meager rewards. As for our stronghold, the thought of how many times I'll have to grind SH quests to advance our guild hall to rank 3 is just depressing. I'm not the only one contributing to it, but you can count those of us who are on one hand.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    cryptic check your greater mark of potency wondrous bazaar price checks (sells). you will see big ZERO!!! there is a problem in your economy
    Post edited by vinceent1 on
    As some players have said... most MMOs hire a type of 'crypto-economist' to help maintain a balanced economy in the games.

I can see a possible future that involves a DL of DDO on the books... or wait for something new.

The interesting thing is this... a lot of the people who left after M6 was released... made a point of telling everyone they were leaving. With the advent of these changes... people just disappeared... overnight.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    wentris said:

Surprisingly, the steam chart has not shown any major difference between days (working days, not weekends) before the leadership nerf and current state. Perhaps all the crowd in PE were leadership alts? Since strongholds were out - whats the point of staying in PE anyway? Occasional LFG if you want to PuG, take ToD quests and daily dungeon key. I dont spend more than 5 minutes/day there. Earlier it was "idle" place where you did all the stuff like refining, AH purchases etc. Stronghold replaced it.

Not that I find Steam charts accurate source of information, but going from "crowdy place" to "ghost town" should be visible even there.

Also, since I guess somebody with sceptical mind will say:"They are all bots farming GS/Dungeons now :)" - I dont believe that suddenly, in 1 day hundreds, or even thousands of players became bots.
    http://steamcharts.com/app/109600

I take a look at the Steam Charts every now and then, "Last 30 Days" had -0,50% showing at the beginning of this month, and right now it's allready at -5,36% -5,41%.

So in a week or two, we will see how much the AD removal from LS has cost them in players. I doubt that we will see an increase in players from now on, even if they come up with those improvements for LS.

It will take some time, but you will see the impact of those changes on those charts...
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    Real soon? It happened in less than a week.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    LET US LOOK AT THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM.

The elephant in the room is X-Box version. I do not believe in the slightest that they are intentionally scaring players away. However, I also believe that they - Cryptic - are throwing their bets at the console version and simply experimenting with the PC version. That is all we are: an experiment. They wouldn't dare pull this kind of stunt on X-Box because MICROSOFT. MS would tear Cryptic a new one, big and wide. Because players of the X-Box version can complain direct to Microsoft and Microsoft can and will grab Cryptic's proverbial family jewels and squeeze. But on the PC side? Pffft.

Throw any and all ideas, no matter how extreme, against the PC wall and see what sticks. If we lose 75% of all the player there, no worries. We have the X-Box version to hold us over, and the newcomers on the PC side won;t know HAMSTER-from-shinola; ignorant newbies who won't have a clue of the pain and thumb-screws we've cast onto all the Founding players of this game.

So what the hell: let's just make it as painful as possible for the batters and exploiters. We throw the baby out with the bath water? So what? The newbies with fresh cash will come play and spend $100 before they reach level 30. Who cares what they think after that?

We got X-Box.

And here's something I've learned: the "producers" of Neverwinter? Are kids. Like 20-somethings. There you go, no wonder the amazingly immature decisions are being made: "Not enough Zen is being sold, RAISE PRICES AND RESTRICT FREE CURRENCIES".

Even a rat knows how to navigate a maze. But over the last year I'm struck that management is dumb as a dog to always tries the straight line, not realizing he has to go around the free-standing door with no walls attached, not barking through it.
  • soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    I can tell you, that for myself, I will not play any other game made by Cryptic or owned by PWE, again. I might come back to play this one if they do something about the leadership change and the lack of change everywhere else that needed to be done to make up for that change. Right now, most everyone feels I think, like I do, they just got ripped off. Not with just their time invested but the money they invested as well.
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    wentris said:

give it a month, see how the numbers stack up.

I don't agree with the numbers in PE. the time I am referring to was in the early days of the game, no one had the time to build up an army of "leadership alts", protectors enclave and all the other zones were bustling, now, they are not. it doesn't matter how you try to butter this slice of bread, it does not look good.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    regenerde said:

wentris said:

http://steamcharts.com/app/109600

I take a look at the Steam Charts every now and then, "Last 30 Days" had -0,50% showing at the beginning of this month, and right now it's allready at -5,36% -5,41%.

So in a week or two, we will see how much the AD removal from LS has cost them in players. I doubt that we will see an increase in players from now on, even if they come up with those improvements for LS.

It will take some time, but you will see the impact of those changes on those charts...
    Don't even really need to look. The 24 hour peak for today was 3k. That's about 650 lower than the month before mod 7 launched. So they've lost all the players they gained, and they've lost the amount they usually lose each month in half a month on top of that. At this rate they'll drop below 2000 concurrent players at the end of October : |

Although who knows, maybe bots will boost their numbers enough that they don't drop that hard.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Today they've dropped the price of GMOPS, and changed the refining reqirments of some enchants, etc. It's not everything that needs to be done, but it's a strong start. I should say that they announced it on the forums. I would assume that changes will go in play next Thursday.