test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The new AD rewards for dungeons

kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
The AD distribution is failing. If one player outof the 5 does not walk over the astral diamond pile the remaining 4 players are shafted 1/10 of their daily rough astrals for the day. Do this twice and they lose 20% of the possible AD. it is no longer safe to do PUG dungeons, you have to find people who actually do them for RAD in order to get the reward. If a Bot sits at the campfire they shaft the remaining 4 players as well. This system is bad and needs to be fixed. each player should not be auto splitting the AD like gold is split. It should be there own AD like the seals that drop in standard dungeons.

Comments

• dandare#8529 dandare Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 337 Arc User
    Welcome in world of boring grind where You have no choice, not much fun and everything seems to not work exactly the way it was planned.

I had similar problems playing yesterday. I id not even bother with it today partly because of that. Hope all 'small issues' get settles before weekend.
    "You stand as inspiration. You are practically the Avatar of Buttkicking." -Quote towards Minsc
    "I choose You Jymaru!" ~for there are times when more than words need to do the talk
  • yawulfyawulf Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    what u are saying is an extreme, and i don't no yet if it has been fixed but running a 3man dungeon counted for daily dungeon reward, u might(under extreme conditions) find bots if u queue without a full team, oh and fyi it has never been safe to pug dungeons in any mmo ever esp. if u have a lot of fresh players in the team.
  • kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I only ran the pugs out of pity for the folks who can't gear normally my 3 high end toons can essentially carry anyone. My issue here is that its being implemented wrong. Theres no need for each pile to be autosplit between the party members, that is exactly how its being done right now. Why can't a player walk over the pile and get 3k+whatever else? Instead they are getting small piles of 1-80 that add up eventually to the total deserved if every player in the party steps on the pile. Does that not seem like a really odd method of giving us our reward? When you simply are awarded XX seals of the protector and elements by simply defeating the boss yet the astral diamonds have to be placed in small denominations like a drug deal on the ground to be retrieved? What if one of the 5 players isn't due any reward from the dungeon does the algorithm even calculate for that? Do our piles still autosplit 5 ways when the fifth member was never due anything and that fifth player now gets bonus AD he was never deserved? Are you guys getting what I am getting at or just still dwelling on your lost leadership AD hijacking legit threads about the new changes?

I very much hope this doesn't get lost in the drowning sea of tears from all the leadership farm people spamming the forums right now. This is a legit feedback post about a major change to the game that I think is being mistakenly overlooked. I'm going on 6 total dungeons where atleast 1 (usually non english speaking) member of a pug has decided to just run to the chest at the end and then immediately leave the party without ever walking over travens, valindras, or Lostmauths corpse to grab their pile of AD and the result is less than 2k AD for a first or second time run where 3k+ was promised.
  • dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    small AD in piles is ridiculous idea
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• azaris#6648 azaris Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    VIP rank 7, sure does.

• fogtripperfogtripper Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    dfnce said:

small AD in piles is ridiculous idea

I did a dungeon this AM and didn't even realize this was a thing. :(
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    Bot-defense. Bots won't know how to pick up that kind of drop.

//be careful what you wish for, people.
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    kitkathd said:

The AD distribution is failing. If one player outof the 5 does not walk over the astral diamond pile the remaining 4 players are shafted 1/10 of their daily rough astrals for the day.

Thank you for reporting this issue. We are aware of the problem and will be making changes so that your full AD bonuses from content drop directly into your bag when the relevant encounter is completed. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused.
  • dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

kitkathd said:

The AD distribution is failing. If one player outof the 5 does not walk over the astral diamond pile the remaining 4 players are shafted 1/10 of their daily rough astrals for the day.

Thank you for reporting this issue. We are aware of the problem and will be making changes so that your full AD bonuses from content drop directly into your bag when the relevant encounter is completed. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused.
    not 1 person there thought of this before implementing this change???? not 1 person there ran elol or mc and tried to find the ad pile under the dragon?
  • fogtripperfogtripper Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    goatshark said:

Daily Quests & Hourly Events
    Previously, there were separate daily quests that, if you remembered to take them, would reward bonus AD for completing Dungeons, Skirmishes, PvP, and Foundry. Unfortunately, based on our data, far too many people either didn’t know they needed to take these quests, didn't want to go through the effort, or they simply forgot. This lead to Dungeons, Skirmishes, and PvP not rewarding as much AD as was expected in our model. On top of that, though we were expecting players to use the Foundry daily to get AD, we found the vast majority weren't doing so at all.

Speaking as a new player, it took me little to no time to find out and jump on dailies. Were I not someone who lurks the forum, I would have had no clue about your change, beyond yanking dailies away. How are players to know about this if they do not visit the forum and read patch notes? Dailies are quests, the "!" used to show up on the minimap IIRC. How is this change displayed/communicated in-game?
    goatshark said:

Let’s look at some actual numbers:

Playing Dungeons
    Old: If you picked up the daily quest, you got 3,000 AD for one dungeon. If you had your chest key, you got an additional 3,000 AD.
    New: 1. Automatically get 3,000 AD for each of the first two dungeons.

This change right here, you are now requiring people who actually put thought into remembering things to now run the content twice for the very same reward because of the lowest common denominator players who cannot be bothered with using their memories.

So "actual numbers" = twice the time & effort for the same reward. Just because others forgot to click on an NPC and accept a key?
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    dufisto said:

asterdahl said:

kitkathd said:

not 1 person there thought of this before implementing this change???? not 1 person there ran elol or mc and tried to find the ad pile under the dragon?
    As suggested in another thread, how about CMs and Devs run dungeons/skirmishes within the recommended Itemlevel and stream that one live?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

goatshark said:

Daily Quests & Hourly Events
    Previously, there were separate daily quests that, if you remembered to take them, would reward bonus AD for completing Dungeons, Skirmishes, PvP, and Foundry. Unfortunately, based on our data, far too many people either didn’t know they needed to take these quests, didn't want to go through the effort, or they simply forgot. This lead to Dungeons, Skirmishes, and PvP not rewarding as much AD as was expected in our model. On top of that, though we were expecting players to use the Foundry daily to get AD, we found the vast majority weren't doing so at all.

Speaking as a new player, it took me little to no time to find out and jump on dailies. Were I not someone who lurks the forum, I would have had no clue about your change, beyond yanking dailies away. How are players to know about this if they do not visit the forum and read patch notes? Dailies are quests, the "!" used to show up on the minimap IIRC. How is this change displayed/communicated in-game?
    goatshark said:

Let’s look at some actual numbers:

Playing Dungeons
    Old: If you picked up the daily quest, you got 3,000 AD for one dungeon. If you had your chest key, you got an additional 3,000 AD.
    New: 1. Automatically get 3,000 AD for each of the first two dungeons.

This change right here, you are now requiring people who actually put thought into remembering things to now run the content twice for the very same reward because of the lowest common denominator players who cannot be bothered with using their memories.

So "actual numbers" = twice the time & effort for the same reward. Just because others forgot to click on an NPC and accept a key?
    I ran TOS today, and only got 1409 AD. There was no discussion I'm aware of on what type of dungeon. Also, I don't remember anything about a bag?? The 1409 was just in my inventory auto magically.
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    I would like to see how you receive AD from content completion modified.
    I played yesterday without a single clue as to how to collect when said content was done. I didn't see anything on the ground.

Do you have to walk over the dead boss in skirms too? I asked this in another thread but didn't get an answer.

I was literally taking screenshots of my AD before and after running things to found out what I got.

• fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

kitkathd said:

PLESE MAKE TRIUMPH SEALS SOMEHOW AVAILABLE TO GET AGAIN!!!!!!
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Wait, a knee-jerk reaction to something that's been in game for 2 years was implemented with little thought and no testing?

This is my shocked face at this revelation: :|
  • darkstarrfoffdarkstarrfoff Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    regenerde said:

dufisto said:

asterdahl said:

kitkathd said:

As suggested in another thread, how about CMs and Devs run dungeons/skirmishes within the recommended Itemlevel and stream that one live?
    LOL sure. Then they will just get 1 shotted. That or tune their stats before hand/do it on a preview server or some HAMSTER.

It's all the little stuff. Like PVP Seals. Good luck getting em without the quest. I'm fairly sure my second dungeon didn't give any AD from the chest, so wasted that key. All the small stuff adds up though to be a big issue.
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    Wait a minute...they're in *piles* on the ground? What in the...?!
  • kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

kitkathd said:

Thank you for your response, I would also like to inform you of another issue that is probably more pressing to you related to the same thing. I was gaining 3k RAD while grouped with guildmates who were doing their first and second dungeons of the day and I was on my 23rd and 24th dungeons of the day. The pile was not showing up for me to walk on but I was getting a split of their reward.
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User

I ran TOS today, and only got 1409 AD. There was no discussion I'm aware of on what type of dungeon. Also, I don't remember anything about a bag?? The 1409 was just in my inventory auto magically.

Sounds like you got the split from others picking up their AD, but you did not.
  • oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    Even if all 3 players pick up piles on ground you still don't get the 3k automatic, sometimes we only get 2k or even just 1k. This might be attributed to players leaving party, because I notice this drop only in parties where I join them midway, or in parties where a player or two have left, or been kicked. (Bots are in dungeons now, please watch out for them before hitting first boss, you can't kick them anymore if you are already in first boss.)
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]