test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Changes

Comments

• Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    Removing AD from Leadership is fine, but, say, cut all prices by a factor of 10.
  • Options
    wishbone11wishbone11 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Well as a mostly PVE SOLO player its goodbye, I don't have 20 characters that do leadership, but I feel for the ones that do and have SPENT millions of diamonds to get the gear they need.

1. DO you really think bots will go away, you haven't had any luck with the Spammers running continuously ...
    2. Leadership has always had diamonds, as far as I know, many years now, why is it suddenly an issue.
    3. All the people who run dungeons to sell drops will go Bye Bye no one making enough to buy there stuff.
    4. ITs like the XP solution, "we will give you more damage and give the mobs more hitpoints. So I hit 50% harder, but it takes longer to kill, go figure why that didn't work.

• Options
    farquat2farquat2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    valwryn said:

Sounds kinda radical..........lots of chaos and screams will ensue........I like it. If I can still easily get more than 24K a day, I'm fine. :#

Well, that does it. I had just started back playing after the fiasco of Elemental Evil. I *do* spend some money (about $50 every 2-3 months, mostly going for keys) when actively playing. Now the Leadership AD generation is going? No longer worth it. Yes, doing Leadership was a time sink, but not in comparison to playing the content. I play mostly for social. Daily grinding to get AD will make this no longer worth it. I'll keep checking in, but looks like I'm gone.

Sorry for the sour grapes, but if that's the only way to "fight" bots, you are doing it wrong.
  • Options
    k00005k00005 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Now i just waiting for info like:

We are excited to unveil some more details about our have closed the game.
    Unfortunately, none of our employees, it is not an economist.

Remember, you can simply press “Y” in-game to bring up the Zen Market and see all of the items for sale.
  • Options
    What?
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    Did anyone crunch the numbers of AD you need for Stronghold? I added it for a boon structure 49,6 MILLION AD and guild hall ~40 MILLION ADs. So it will be ~250 MILLION ADs for market place, 3 maxed boons and guild hall. Add the support stuctures etc, you will HAVE to build for progress, it will be more than 500 MILLION ADs, with PvP towers etc. even more.

You want ppl to progress their chars with 24k AD, playing one char AND build a stronghold, that will 'need' everyone from a mid sized guild (50 players) to contribute +10 MILLION ADs for strongholds in the long run.

First the add massive AD sinks and then they delete the possibilities to make ADs. Are they so deluded, that they think, that ppl will spent thousands of $, to compensate? They will leave.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User

Removing AD from Leadership is fine, but, say, cut all prices by a factor of 10.

And reduce Leadership task time by 30% (minimum), or it no make sense.
    The time of task is high just because AD.
    And rise % of MoP (and add GMoP) in Leadership task too.

I dont care farm AD on dungeons, but Leadership need some return. :/
  • Options
    There should be, like, 14+ day tasks that give character bound GMOPs or something. So, instead of running 1000 dungeons, people can just wait a few months using leadership tasks.
  • Options
    peponarispeponaris Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    R.I.P -Neverwinter- 2013-2015
  • Options
    RIP my foot. There are ways that removing AD from leadership could work, if combined with other elements.

It's not game over until after they implement things prematurely.
  • Options
    twoheadedpuigtwoheadedpuig Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    sanctif said:

Intro
    Cox: Don't you even wonder why?
    Munch: Why what?
    Cox: Why he lied.
    Munch: I'm a Homicide Detective. The only time I wonder why is when they tell me the truth.

(‘Homicide: Life on the Street’; book by David Simon)

I like when people show that commenters can be educated people capable of holding a thought for longer than one sentence. There have been an inordinate few in this thread that have impressed me, but I'm a sucker for literary references.

Here's one for you,

“A guest is a jewel on the cushion of hospitality”

― Rex Stout

• Options
    phasednewtphasednewt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    zurimor said:

Did you ever think about what all the botter problems tell about the community of this game?
    Without people willing to buy their stuff, there won't be any problem. Instead of supporting the game and buy stuff at the game store (yes, it is more expensive and some items are overpriced, but anyway), they go to third party pages to save a bit and harm this game. That is the real problem, not Cryptic, not the devs, neither anything else.
    So, instead a blaming and flaming it might be a good move to not buy at third party pages and support the game instead. :)

I have never, nor do I know anyone who would be stupid enough to buy from the spammers in game. I have spent real money on this game and have been playing since the very first day of open beta March 1 2013. I have put a LOT of time and effort into this game and don't have BiS gear in every slot. The closest I have is my CW and she only have a few legendary/mythic artifacts and not even BiS armor. Having a few characters farming leadership is the only way I had the ability to make enough AD to outfit one toon to not even BiS over 3 years of playing. Now they are taking away the ability to make decent AD because, well HAMSTER you that's why. Punishing long time players because of a few bad apples is HAMSTER full HAMSTER.

They had better come up with a better way to gain AD, and fix their HAMSTER RNG or people like myself who have sunk $1000's into this game are gone and all that will be left are bots. The real people will leave because this is an outrage.
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    Well something is very fishy here, it smells very much like a slow or intentional way to shut down game or make it a mummy server. I could find more bugs since this statement from Mr. Schicoff, than usually. It smells a bit, that ARC Defender asks me to verify my PC each time i try to post here... :|

We have made an agreement in our guild already, if this HAMSTER goes live and they take our with RL life money paid assets away, we leave, the entire guild!

I have witnessed now half a dozen of such guild exoduses, this time the entire guild moves together to another MMO and i can assure you all, no Cryptic/PWE product. I love this game, with all it's major faults and still hope a miracle happens, but when i am in more realistic mood, i see little hope here for us.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    shaollin01shaollin01 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    if stop ad from LS, has no reason to expand the profession... (can delete shortcut "n")

prices hero, adventure, man-at arm station in free fall, almost free, at moment.
    I am suffering with great damage to sell my hero and adventure.

Oh crytic -_-"
  • Options
    cushparlcushparl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    First, I agree that *something* had to be done about Leadership-Armies. I can´t say if removing RAD from Leadership is a good solution, but it is one that wouldn´t bother me too much... if at the same time fixed costs were reduced and I were able to gain AD by playing the game the way I want to instead of being forced to certain amounts of certain group content every day if I don´t want to lose all income. I hope these issues will be adressed very soon.

However, something really bothers me...
    goatshark said:

On top of that, though we were expecting players to use the Foundry daily to get AD, we found the vast majority weren't doing so at all.

Just in case that it´s really necessary to point this out: No one was playing Foundry simply because it wasn´t worthwhile. Minimum 1 hour spent equals 4k RAD - if you play quests that last exactly 15 minutes, probably the same one over and over... if one would actually use the Foundry to experience "infinite content" (as advertised) and pick various interesting missions it would even take significantly longer to fullfill 4 "eligible" quests. Now compare that ratio (1h+ for 4k RAD) to skirmishes (3k Daily+ 3k Chest reward for about 30-45 minutes spent during Skirmish time - and dungeons (3k Daily + 3k Chest reward for 20-40 minutes during Dungeon Delves). Assuming you go for lvl 70 content. If you just run nToS it´s 6k/5 minutes. On top of that, dungeons and skirmishes provided additional valuable (well, more or less) loot, while Foundry provided... one uncommon piece of unidentified trash.

So now, since no one played Foundry because rewards were just awful... you remove these rewards completly, without replacement?!

You can´t kill what´s already dead, sure, and probably the Foundry won´t lose many players since those who cared about rewards never played Foundry in the first place. But ignoring one - the best! - part of this game, saying that players don´t use it, while at the same time removing all incentive from it - this is outrageous. (And stupid: There are lots of "Action"-MMORPGs, but very few with a decently implemented UGC-System. Neverwinter is unique, yet this uniqueness is being neglected and reduced.)

So, please, when you are "looking at ways for the solo player to earn this time currency" - don´t just look at HEs and Campaigns, the repetitive content. Look at the Foundry. Give us variety. This might turn a desaster into a revival.

"My" (the following is entirely based upon stuff other people wrote ^^) suggestion would be:

1.Each Foundry quest gives 400 RAD per 5 minutes of average playtime, provided it has at least 20 plays and was rated at least 5 times (=the current rules for "eligible" quests, just that average time wouldn´t matter here)
    2. A character can get an AD reward from a Foundry quest only once per month. Or even only once per 3 months. There are enough quests out there. This would make it harder for bots and ensure that not the same quests are played over and over.
    3. Daily maximum for RAD from Foundry should be the same as for other PvE content, 7200.

This would provide solo players with a reliable source of AD, without grinding, but hopefully hard to bot.

A different solution might be the system that Fight the Dragon, an ARPG that is entirely based upon UGC, uses:

Periodically (every 8 hours in FtD), a number of missions (6) are randomly selected that provide additional rewards.

In Neverwinter, those missions could be selected once per day and show up in a new dedicated catalogue section. "Normal" eligible quests would provide low AD rewards (about 100 RAD/5 minutes, 2000/day max) while the randomly selected ones would give 500 RAD/5 minutes, 7200/day max, maybe even with a chance for seals or other valuable loot.

I am aware that I am beating a dead horse and that it is more than unlikely that any dev will ever even know about this post, but... well, I just had to try ^^
  • Options
    odelle12odelle12 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Hopefully they actually listen to all of this feedback and come to their senses.

If these changes do go ahead then they are actively trying to kill this game. I don't know maybe it doesn't generate as much money as they want so they need to get rid of players?
  • Options
    garriusdetylmargarriusdetylmar Member Posts: 18 Arc User

We believe we can make the Astral Diamond economy much more stable and uniform for all players. Want to earn AD? Play Dungeons, Skirmishes, and PvP whenever you have time! Check back soon for more information on future additional AD sources.

Scott Shicoff
    Lead Designer
    Is this a joke, Scott? You guys cut the majority of Skirmishes and Dungeons.
    There is always another dawn.
    garriussig21_zpsyovrkgyj.png
  • Options
    bryan1963bryan1963 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Does anyone think WoTC, Hasbro or any of the IP holders are up to speed with the current state of the game? It is after all supposed to coincide with their other market offerings. Their market share could take a hit from the game failing. Or am I completely clueless? (it happens)
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    bryan1963 said:

Does anyone think WoTC, Hasbro or any of the IP holders are up to speed with the current state of the game? It is after all supposed to coincide with their other market offerings. Their market share could take a hit from the game failing. Or am I completely clueless? (it happens)

Read back a few pages my post about WoTC and Hasbro... ;)

The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    aratecharatech Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User

We believe we can make the Astral Diamond economy much more stable and uniform for all players. Want to earn AD? Play Dungeons, Skirmishes, and PvP whenever you have time! Check back soon for more information on future additional AD sources.

Scott Shicoff
    Lead Designer
    Is this a joke, Scott? You guys cut the majority of Skirmishes and Dungeons.
    Try it when both of your alts are in their 60's. The longest, grindiest, and flat out difficult part of the game...that now have no skirmishes that they can participate in.

• Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    Well, the patch notes are up for tomorrow. As expected, no changes were made from the initial announcement.
This discussion has been closed.