test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Useful links and threads for new players!

katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
edited September 2015 in General Discussion (Xbox One)
Hey everyone!

Here's some useful threads, tools, and links relating to Neverwinter and these forums that you should all know about! I'll keep updating this thread as I sort through my Neverwinter links folder! Feel free to post any other resources you know of and I'll add them to this list!

Forum Guide - Describes the details of using this forum, includes signatures, text editor, private messages, etc.
New to Neverwinter - Brief description of some key game features by our community manager
Official NW FaQ thread - title says it all, lots of good information here
[Read Before Posting] Reference Thread for Hot Topics - again, the title says it all, this covers a variety of topics from protecting your guild from guild bank thievery to polls speculating the next race/class to be released.

NWcalc - Really useful tool for coming up with and sharing class builds!
Stat Curves - These are the stat curves that will be used until the launch of elemental evil
Official NW wiki- To the best of my knowledge, there is no special Xb1 wiki, so here's the official PC one
Gear Database - List of all epic gear to help you identify what you want for your character
NW Abbreviations - Here's a list of commonly used abbreviations in NW, and what they mean!
Trading Forums - Player organized trading forums to organize and negotiate in-game trades
dulopa4e1d9.png
|| Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• Options
    metheantiherometheantihero Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Please add a link for the X1 controls. I spend allot of my gaming time helping players figure it out. If they are willing to log on to the forums, then chances are they will spend the time to read it. When they boot up the X1 all they want to do is smash NPC's
    If I should die on some far, far away battlefield
    Know I answered the call
    For a grand principle of freedom to yield.
    My fervent prayer is that death
    May not have been in vain
    Fighting for peace and right for the world to attain
  • Options
    fukiiyufukiiyu Member Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Please add a link for the X1 controls.

Ummm why would you add a link to that? Just tell the players to press the "Back" button on the controller and it shows them all the buttons and what they do.............
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I don't know of any controller guides for XB1, otherwise I would have already linked it!
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Campaign explanations should probably be posted someplace as I am sure there are lots of people who have no idea how to start them.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    awrex1977 wrote: »
    Campaign explanations should probably be posted someplace as I am sure there are lots of people who have no idea how to start them.

XB1 only has one campaign right now, TOD, and there should be intro quests that explain it to you!
    dulopa4e1d9.png
  • Options
    twinstripeuktwinstripeuk Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't know of any controller guides for XB1, otherwise I would have already linked it!

You don't need one - there's a message on the loading screens which explains that if you press and hold the view button (the one with the two small rectangles), you'll see a button layout shown at the bottom of the screen.

I'd also be tempted to post this:

http://mmominds.com/

as there are some really good build guides on there.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I've found the builds on that type of site tend to get outdated very quickly, whereas the ones on these forums are critiqued and updated far more often.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
  • Options
    markb11xmarkb11x Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi i'm new to this game and i was just wondering how do i buy a dire wolf on the xbox or is it just a pc exclusive. I really want a dire wolf any help would be appreciated.
  • Options
    curygreenleaf69curygreenleaf69 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Could also add the twitter and FB page links.
  • Options
    speedyzyn01speedyzyn01 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Who needs help in Portuguese, here's my channel with some tips.
    Pra quem precisa de ajuda, em portugues, segue minha playlist com videos de dicas tutorial.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7wtx-qAI_rHZn_4gGHsR6fNoSGDc9T7e
  • Options
    dylbrticusdylbrticus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Does anyone have a link to a database site with the Hunter Ranger gear? Tried the link here but didn't find any HR gear.
  • Options
    mylyf2mylyf2 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2015
  • Options
    winalagalis1winalagalis1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    can aanyone tell me how to split stacks in the ah
  • Options
    strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    When the item is in your inventory if you hit "Y" on the item you can select how many you would like to seperate from that stack and place it elsewhere in your inventory.

For instance, lets say you have 50 potions. If you press Y on the stack of potions and select to separate 25 of them and place them elsewhere in your inventory. You will be left with 2 stacks of 25 potions. You can do this with anything you like.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    sarahjones89sarahjones89 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I am looking for a guide to join. Where is the best place to find one?
  • Options
    ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    I am looking for a guide to join. Where is the best place to find one?

Try the link below. This is where I found my guild and it was the best way to play the game.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/categories/guild-recruitment-xbox-one

Guild - Excalibur
  • Options
    Please add a link for the X1 controls. I spend allot of my gaming time helping players figure it out. If they are willing to log on to the forums, then chances are they will spend the time to read it. When they boot up the X1 all they want to do is smash NPC's

Found this link which was quite useful.....although holding the Back button does the job too.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_one_games/l_-_o/neverwinter/f/5308/t/1957129.aspx
    Guild - Excalibur
  • Options
    weybornweyborn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    ddem0n888 wrote: »

Found this link which was quite useful.....although holding the Back button does the job too.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_one_games/l_-_o/neverwinter/f/5308/t/1957129.aspx

trouble I am having is trying to figure out which of the encounter buttons is the mastery slot

any idea? don't remember which opened last
    Rifken - CW - GS 14,461
    Riffken - DC - lvl 20
  • Options
    weyborn wrote: »
    ddem0n888 wrote: »

trouble I am having is trying to figure out which of the encounter buttons is the mastery slot

any idea? don't remember which opened last

Nope sorry. Don't know what the Mastery slot is.....bit of a noob myself ;P
    Guild - Excalibur
  • Options
    ath3naautath3naaut Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    thanks katamaster, I found several useful things here :)
This discussion has been closed.