test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What auction prices are "too high"? Be specific

nathanjmnathanjm Member Posts: 103 Arc User
It's been something of a truism on these forums that Auction House (AH) prices are "too high" due to leadership farms. However, the people complaining never seem to state exactly what is too high. So, I'd like to pose this question to such people:

- Can you please detail out what items on the AH are "too high"?
- Don't just give a single item used for AD xfer (e.g. the skill kit for 1 mil AD), give average price
- Then tell us exactly what price you think is fair for those items. Be specific.

For bonus points, detail out exactly how a lower influx of new AD will force prices down. Once again, be specific. Thanks

Comments

• hypnoticbeasthypnoticbeast Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    How about 2mil for a mount? of 5 for a weapon.
  • nathanjmnathanjm Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    Which mount? Remember I said, be specific. A 2500 Zen mount -- the cheapest purple -- is 1,250,000. Prices for purple mounts go up from there on the Zen store. Cryptic sets those prices; if it's a rare drop mount, that's also gated by Cryptic's drop rate. I don't think Cryptic wants purple mounts on the AH to be cheaper than Zen store, when doing the Zen <-> AD conversions.

As to "5 for a weapon," can you try to be more specific? Thanks.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    If it is too high don't buy it... prices will drop
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    urlord283 said:

If it is too high don't buy it... prices will drop

Yeah, I don't get why OP needed a captain obvious answer like this but he did.

The problem is that there are people with enough AD that if they really wanted to manipulate the price on some stuff they could.

I8r4ux9.jpg
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    I don't know about the Leadership armies causing it, or exploiters, but things like 16,000,000 for a Stag Mount. I realize these are rare, but if there are players with that much to throw around....
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

I don't know about the Leadership armies causing it, or exploiters, but things like 16,000,000 for a Stag Mount. I realize these are rare, but if there are players with that much to throw around....

The VIP isn't helping. People are free to post as high as they like when there are no fees.
    I watched a stag mount on the market once. It was taken down and put up 4 times. And was set at 55 mil. it never sold as far as I know.
    I really want a stag mount. xD
    Me two. And the one that's in the WB is a joke, it's a yearling. At least make it look more like an adult Stag and not bambi in puberty. Heck round up all ones wondering in strongholds and sell them. At least they look less offensive.
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    I too don't understand the complains about prices being to high.

Let me give you some examples...

1) Two years ago I sold a Lillend companion for 3.3 million AD. Currently it sells for 520,000 AD.
    2) A few months ago a stack of 99 level 5 radiant enchantments sold for about 300,000 AD. Before the double RP weekend I bought them for about 10000 AD.
    3) Rank 7 and rank 8 enchantments were never as cheap as they are now.
    4) Prices of armor and weapon enchants haven't changed that much over time. They likely got less expensive.

On the other hand there was a time when...

1) Some mounts from lockboxes could be had for about 300,000 AD.
    2) Green leadership guys could be bought for 3000 AD, blues for about 20,000 AD (well, we might get there again).

• aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    VIP has also lowered the price of GMoPs. From what I've noticed, prices are going way down. Everything is so cheap now that I can't even sell the stuff from lockboxes. Luckily, I don't have to pay for the keys anymore.

It's not like we're paying 1 mil for pieces of T2 gear anymore.
  • yawulfyawulf Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    aulduron said:

VIP has also lowered the price of GMoPs. From what I've noticed, prices are going way down. Everything is so cheap now that I can't even sell the stuff from lockboxes. Luckily, I don't have to pay for the keys anymore.

It's not like we're paying 1 mil for pieces of T2 gear anymore.

It was nice those days :) .

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    The economy here is extremely dependent on RNG and gated pricing, which people sometimes forget to take into account. Credibility with cryptic sometimes plays a part too. Usefulness sometimes doesn't even play a part.

Enchants seem expensive, but if you calculate the GMOP cost (plus wards), they really arent THAT expensive in comparison to cost.

I don't mind the leadership change, AS LONG AS the AD gates are removed. Way to often games follow this process:

1 - Provide ways to generate currency.
    2 - Provide ways to eliminate the currency for no reason other than eliminating currency.
    3 - Remove multiple ways of generating currency.
    4 - Remove ways to eliminate currency......SKIPPED.

My Opinion:

GMOPs - either cut cost in half, reduce how many are needed in half, or provide consistent ways to earn them by playing (like there used to be).
    Enchants - Remove the identical enchant requirement
    Cut cost of profession AD sinks by 50%.
    Cut cost of transmutes by 50% or add them to a profession...

I'm sure there are more. I know I personally stopped upgrading enchants due to the leadership change...I'll wait and see what happens before I go beyond R10's.
    edited September 2015

I'm sure there are more. I know I personally stopped upgrading enchants due to the leadership change...I'll wait and see what happens before I go beyond R10's.

You need 5 GMOPS and 3 additional stones, but no matching enchant to go to rank 11. I believe it's a 5 percent chance. I did a few recently and it was like 750,000-800,000 per upgrade, including wards.