test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is YOUR budget for Neverwinter??

Comments

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Same here, i spend something along the line for mounts, character slots and shared bank slots... but unless they come up with something reasonable beside removing AD from LS, i'm going to spend my money somewhere else.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • foreskinfernyforeskinferny Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    F2P, the people behind this game don't deserve a cent.
  • trill34trill34 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Prior to Mod 6? $50-$100 a month. Since Mod 6? $0. Looks like I picked the right time to get out lol.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Why would I pay for Neverwinter? I know there's one born every minute and all that, but most people pay for things that are worth paying for. I *used* to pay - I felt proud to do so since Neverwinter was a great game that provided a great value to me in the fun department, but since Mod4 I can't really say the same. However, having said that, post module 4, it's remained worth every penny I've spent on it.
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Zero. I will not spend money on a game where the developer team pays no apparent attention to fixing class balance, bugs take months to get fixed if ever and every new change is just another disgusting money grab.
  • d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    I spent quite a bit in the past on the game, doing what I could to support the efforts of the developers. When Mod 6 hit and took everything I had worked so hard for away in such an unkind fashion and gave no good path to get it back unless I only worked on one toon, I decided that the new direction the game was heading in was not one I would support financially.

Mod 7 comes along and becomes the death of casual guilds and still made no effort to fix lingering problems with the game or add back anything that had been taken away, not to mention kicking sand in the face of PVP players with this pseudo MOBA nonsense coming next week and I began to solidify my stance that Neverwinter was heading in a different direction than I would be.

Today comes along and Scott Schicoff came up to me and spat in my face. He then told me its for my own good. I, of course, don't see these shenanigan's as being for my good or any players but merely another misguided attempt to get me to spend more on the game. If bots were the issue there are many things they could do that wouldn't be tearing the game apart. Today pretty much became the day I started looking hard at upcoming games like Black Desert and Sword Coast Legends and thinking my rocky relationship with Neverwinter is coming to an end. So to answer the question, zero dollars. Less if I could.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    Right now? ZERO. I don't trust the devs to not make any more investments, either in time, AD, or otherwise, worthless. I don't trust them to not try to take away something else in order to sell it back to me. I no longer trust them.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • cambo1682cambo1682 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Was $50-100 / month, to play and do what I liked in the game. I enjoy the combat and more importantly the fun and laughs with friends. That was an acceptable amount for me to buy the odd item from the zen store. Leadership was meant to mitigate the costs so that I could gear all 8 of my toons and actually play them at an acceptable level when I wanted, one of each class. None of them are OTT BiS. A couple are pretty decent. This is but one of a long line of bait and switches that doesn't sit well. Sadly I had been trying to convince old friends who left after the mod 6 debacle to come back, things were looking better. After this announcement, I don't dare. I know if they came back and saw this they would be gone quicker than whale HAMSTER in an ice flow. If Cryptic does not want to spend the money to solve their 'Bot issue', at the cost of my investment, then I will have no qualms about never spending another cent on this game. I'm quite certain my wife will rejoice at that.
  • callofkutulucallofkutulu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 56 Arc User
    ZERO! I spent money in the early days, but I won't give the bait and switch craptic a dime. nothing, zero, nada!
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    This game steals your time and money , and they expect you to just take it.
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    I try to avoid bad investments and when the patches and new mods always introducing repeating content, exploits, unbalance and game breaking bugs makes me always question if I want to keep playing the game and that makes me feel uncertain about the future of the game. I don't spend money if I'm uncertain.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    Zero. I used to spend at least $10 a month, more if something in the store caught my eye. That changed after the Dragonborn Legends pack fiasco. I was considering letting them out of the doghouse just as the recent unpleasantness over account-wide companions turning out to not be so hit. That wasn't resolved honorably.
    @Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.
  • yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    the moment i first saw when the shop opened that they wanted to charge 40$ for just a mount and being greedy like that i said no money from me. after the massive amount of bugs and exploits that were reported time and again without being patched for months on end i finally gave up on the game.
    next stop to give up on the forums as well. too bad that there are many decent people here who like me wanted this game to succeed cause of the D&D lore and the fact that the combat was fantastic.
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    none. its tradition here dev come with statement changes and players must explain them the game dont work the way they think. that their sentences are incorrect in facts. Looks like cryptic has noone who is able profesionally talk with players on the official forum
  • osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    Zero since mod3. Staying that way because… of ther <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, greedy decisions.

The game that was once great and had so much potential has become a money grabbing fremium…
  • mafoi1515mafoi1515 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    10$ or less per month... but not for this game.
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    Where's angrysprite these days? this threads made for him ;)
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Ive vacillated many times (stopped spending in mod 3 due to bracers for a few months, stopped spending at the start of mod 6 ALL the way to mod 7, due to the HAMSTER they pulled on us atm with broken bugs, enchants, power, feats, power points and NO content at all)

At this time, my wallet will again be closed until they REDUCE and announce costing measures and grind levels across the board.

Its really sad, Ive been in two guilds with 300, now with a larger and really good guild, but I have no doubt people will leave this game due to this change.

(again its not the change, its the one sidedness of it.. you cant REMOVE our AD generation and NOT remove and reduce costing by the same = amount)

its pure and pretty simple to me..

My new budget will be = 0. until this is fixed.

• hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    already spent a fair amount in this game and I'm not even close to being BIS and honestly is not worth very much worth spending one penny more as the game BIS are usually exploiters or botters and it seems that BANS this game are just moments "Reflection" for offenders instead of being permanent BANS . really pathetic ! ah not to mention the numerous bugs and other item OP , OP classes and etc it breaks the game.
  • nathanjmnathanjm Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    I started playing in mod4, and during Mod4/5, I dropped about $100 into the game. Since Mod6, nothing has convinced me that it's worth spending on. I was about to drop real $ on VIP the next charge bonus weekend, but seeing that they nerfed VIP weeks after its introduction, I decided to wait. At least they had the decency to tell me about the nerf a day before the charge bonus.

When the email came in about the charge bonus, I clicked one thing: unsubscribe.
  • lairdbansheelairdbanshee Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    I've spent $20 a couple times for mounts and inventory space and a few keys. That's it.
    Now it's zero. No Zen for you!
    Scott, your avatar's right hand? Right back atcha, pal. Joke's not on me now, I'm not payin', nor playin'... until this game is worth my time again. How could that happen? Revert to Mod 4 or 5.
  • zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    I started off paying what I would for premium sub game , 20 euros a month.
    I have decreased my payments recently. As the quality and direction taken are not up to that standard.
  • fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User

fatguns said:

one word, HERALDS.

Have they improved in the last couple of months? They had ben nerfed at some point, mabe they got better again. I'll give them a try.

Or is it just that's all that's left?
    15-20k a run, still worth it x3