test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamond Changes

Comments

• perfectt0mmyperfectt0mmy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    How about this: in game bots get automatically flagged for PvP when their script behavior is identified. They can't fight back. Killing them rewards you with AD. Open season on bots with no limits.
  • golkaxgolkax Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    That would just result in bot vs bot pvp farming.
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    dear devs, although i agree with free AD cut down, this whole picture is unacceptable. With this you completely lock down my characters progression at PVP. I mean current price for GMOP! How can i compete with Icyphish, who is already bis? I hope there is some complete rework masterplan for pvp behind this, because otherwise, it will be so bad even for you, you can start looking for new job
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    It will probably take them months to come up with something usefull, after they cut the AD out from LS.

And good luck to any small or medium sized quild with upgrading their Stronghold from now on.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • odnnauqodnnauq Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User

Fairly certain that they will find ways to combat this. Probably just because you mentioned this, actually.

Here is my prediction of how they will combat this....they will require you to buy a pvp token with zen. Now you need to pay to pvp. Another excuse to fight bots by making us spend more money. Each attempt to combat bots have been an excuse. To force players to make a choice (a) spend more money, (b) be lowly geared punching bags to wealthy customers who spend money, or (c) quit. This has been the pattern long enough and fighting bots are an excuse.
  • lordsmokeslordsmokes Member Posts: 18 Arc User

greyloche said:

Ahh, the russian economic theory....

No. In fact you were wrong about everything in that but let's just stick with supply and demand.

After World War I the world decided it was all Germany's fault. They demanded money for repairs...Germany had no money....so they printed a ton to pay the debts and thus made the currency worthless.
    So worthless that people burned their money instead of firewood because it was cheaper.

All economies run on the supply and demand of their currency to be worth value. If you print money more money (gaining AD was akin to printing money) then the value of that currency goes down. If you print less money the value of the currency goes up.

That is basic supply and demand and it applies to currency. Please feel free to ask any economist, they'll be happy to explain it to you in larger words.

What happened during the great depression was actually very similar to what happened in Germany. People bought on credit until everybody owed everybody something and nobody could collect. However instead of the government printing money in excess it was people buying on credit so although the value of money existed people bought items with money that didn't exist until the bubble burst. But that's a story for another day and another thread. ;)
    First of all, how in hell can you compare the world's currency to that of a game? Any economist would be laughing at your face right now. I will just list the top 3 reasons of why you're full of it.

1. Zen/AD doesn't really exist.
    2. Even if Zen/AD really existed in a tangible form, they have no country to contain any form nor quantity of natural resources to give it any value in the market.
    3. You can't get a Zen/AD loan.

Stop petty fogging the issue with your psuedo-intellect and drowning posts with coherent responses.
  • fastrean1fastrean1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User

How about this: in game bots get automatically flagged for PvP when their script behavior is identified. They can't fight back. Killing them rewards you with AD. Open season on bots with no limits.

i like this idea :p
  • devaneiodevaneio Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    I can finally uninstall the game, thanks for changes in leadership.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    they should make it so all character progression is easily attainable by everyone in a fair amount of time and leave AD and zen market for more cosmetic stuff (or just to rush progression for those who want it faster).
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    fastrean1 said:

Will you still like this, when botters use this "feature" to open fire on anyone from below the map?
    Or fly above you, while they nuke you into the ground?
    Want to know why?
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    No it was 14,800 players at the beginning of 2014.
    Then it was 6,000 players at the beginning of 2015.
    Now it ranges from 2000 to 4000 players online.
    Now this. Only steam player of course. Arc unreported.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

edited September 2015
    zeusom said:

Now it ranges from 2000 to 4000 players.
    Now this.

After this goes live, i'm guessing we will be lucky to see half of those last numbers by then.

And i just bought 12 months VIP and the Dragonborn Legend Pack, and i was even thinking about getting the Knights of the Feywild Pack too...
    Want to know why?
  • zorothegalladezorothegallade Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    fastrean1 said:

Yeah. More class imbalance (DPS getting all the kills), more exploits (keep making bot accounts, have a gold farmer kill all of them), more possible misfires at players (say, getting "Bot-flagged" because you are just farming zombie hordes for DHE RP).
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    deathbeez said:

What good is 3k AD from a dungeon chest when the key costs 5k? Will we get a free epic key? Doubt it...

Who says you'll need to open a chest to get the 3k? Right now you don't have to open the chest to get the AD from the Rhix Daily. Just killing the final boss is sufficient.
    It's not really hard to implement at all, as I imagine it will use the same mechanic of the Seal Bags.
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User

Okay people you need to calm down. It sounds so much worse than it actually is.

You get less AD. YES.
    The AD you get will skyrocket in Value. YES.
    Prices will DROP so that players can afford the items. YES.

A mount wont cost 4m AD in AH because nobody will be able to buy it and then the seller wont get his AD. So he will lower the price far enough so people can afford it. So instead of 4m maybe it will cost 400k. This wont happen over a night, but I think this is the long term goal.

And I think they will adjust all vendor/zen prices after time.

I love when people understand how economies work and understand that currency, like any other object, has a supply and demand value attached to it. :)

This is true from a basic supply and demand point of view. And if it were a country it would work out this way just as planned. Unfortunately people can chose to leave this economy. While this may eventually lower the costs, it will be over a year before the market adjusts. The influx of AD has been going steady since before launch, it will take a lot of time before we see positive changes in market price of things. IE those lockbox mounts aren't going down in price anytime soon. All this does in the near term <1 year is that your average person will have to shell out real money to get anything desirable from lockboxes.

Unfortunately they put BiS items like mounts, artifacts (races?) behind that wall and it will discourage new players and our already low population will go down further.

TL:DR It will take forever to see any changes in prices. Supply and Demand also applies to the health of a video game's population
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • zauvekrockzauvekrock Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Alot of people just watching themselves in this situation with AD removed from Leadership...
    Look at it from economy side. If alot of AD is removed from game, prices will fall because there will be lower demand.
    so instead of paying 6mil AD for P.Vorpal on AH, it might get to 3 mil... also, ADX will be back up again cause botters wont be able to go rounds with preservation wards and such things where they clogg the exchange.
    Prices will drop by far more than what you were earning AD-wise from leadership, and youll get rewarded in the end.

Excellent work devs, just introduce those Heroic Encounter AD rewards :)
  • zefirootzefiroot Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    I can understand all the changes you are doing and removing daily quests and hour events is great, but instead of giving us 6000 AD for 1 dungeon run or 3 skirmishes, now I have to do DOUBLE AS MUCH RUNS (for skirm. even more). That is not cool!
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    devaneio said:

I can finally uninstall the game, thanks for changes in leadership.

If leadership was all that kept you to the game, you should have uninstalled much sooner, you clearly don't like the game and should be thankful they gave you this much needed push to better employ your time. :P
  • zorothegalladezorothegallade Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    zeusom said:

Everybody look at this. Look it up too (I did) if you don't believe. Cold, hard numbers won't lie: the game is about to die if this keeps up. The player count has been steadily decreasing: it had a small bump when Strongholds rolled, and then the decline resumed.
  • nyterazor#4638 nyterazor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2015

zeusom said:

Everybody look at this. Look it up too (I did) if you don't believe. Cold, hard numbers won't lie: the game is about to die if this keeps up.
    http://steamcharts.com/app/109600#All

Downtrend.
  • onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User

anguis3 said:

So why is there even a place to flag spam bot AD sellers (which I do every time I am in PE) if you are not going
    to take action against them? I guess it is easier to take action against the actual players!

They are banned on a daily basis by the thousands.

And seriously...anybody who thinks gold farmers are kids in their mothers' basements haven't been paying attention for the last five to ten years. :)
    And seriously...anybody who thinks this will stop botters have not been paying attention for the last twenty plus years of MMO gaming. Botters/farmers get their wealth by playing the game constantly, non-stop. This change will slightly reduce the income of botters/farmers, but will not stop their income. Only way to stop botters/farmers is to kill trade between players which will have major side effects (like all solutions against botters/farmers) to your player base.
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    I have over 24 characters with millions in unrefined AD from years of Leadership... You just made people like me richer than you could ever imagine. I have played since week 1.. Been through the worst of the worst exploits.. And if I had to start over today.. There is absolutely no way a free to play player can achieve anything close to best in slot..

I understand you guys are trying to get rid of the botters. But if you ever asked players.. And stopped trusting your dev teams who have put us from worse to worse with every major patch, you could have solved this.

Don't make the enchants that drop RP/R5's.. work in foundry's. That bot problem is solved.

Cap Leadership AD to 200-250k an account per day.. Bots with 50 characters generating over 1 mil AD perday profit is cut by 1/4.

When you see 1200 instances with skill nodes... MAKE THEM BOUND and freaking ban them, stop being stupid and do the simple things to fix this game.

Award people who complete T2's thousands of RP per run. Not a white pearl... Not 7k AD when we need 75k if we wasted all that money for VIP.. People will NOT spend money on a game you drastically take take take and never give! You always make things better for botters and worse for legit players, you have never made a fix that botters couldn't out bot you.

Are you saying a bunch of gold farmers in China are smarter than you? I just listed several ways to nearly nullify the botting. Skill node RP = bound.. Oh wow, there goes all the rank 4's 5's from the AH.. But don't do that unless you giveu s a way to level up artifacts and enchants... You forced people to bot, you forced people to make leadership accounts. You want to make it right?

Stop the botters by being "creative" I know it's difficult for a lot of you. Award people for their time, and maybe players would waste it finding ways to outwit your dev team that puts more thought into their League of Legends strategies than they do in their game changing "updates"

I've been around a long time. I did PVE.. I beat it. I did PVP, I beat that too. Focus on more creative ways that require you to think to stop botters, so you can actually give us non repetitive boring dailies and maybe.. just maybe.. CHALLENGE your players.
  • essentiessenti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 303 Arc User
    Making the AD worth more by reducing how much is flowing in... is making the wealthy in the game ridiculously wealthy. However, if cryptic has a set ratio of how much they want the AD to be worth, they could just *adjust* all AD on the current players... Player AD * 0.357. Do this same adjustment to all fixed AD prices as well (mount upgrades, gmops, etc).

Pow... now the rich are still just as rich, but they aren't RICHER just because AD value has shot through the roof. Since this is a game, normalizing the value of AD can be done pretty seamlessly, unlike what you have to do with a real economy to achieve similar effect.
    Campaign - Trail of the Imaskarcana (NWS-DMFG77QOF)
    • A Mere Expedition! (NW-DIAAPG3S4)
    • Work In Progress on Part 2
  • dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    "Old: If you picked up the daily quest, you got 3,000 AD for one dungeon. If you had your chest key, you got an additional 3,000 AD.
    New: 1. Automatically get 3,000 AD for each of the first two dungeons. 2. In addition, get 150 to 750 AD for each dungeon played (up to a maximum 7,200 AD per day from dungeons). Amount varies by time."

so before we got 6000 ad from the daily dungeon if we did it during bonus hour, now we get 3000 and have to pay for a second key in order to get the same 6000 ad.
    net gain 1k ad.

• suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    ...so after years of providing a source of reliable-work-type kind of income, NW now is to become yet another Dungeon-Speedrun-fueled economy, market exploitation/manipulation being the other income source.

Meh. there's plenty of those. And plenty better ones. All have the same common core problem: High repetition of the (very much) limited content => fast burnout.

Let's see how many players will be left in here to celebrate Simril, shall we?
  • fernandoeliseifernandoelisei Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
    @. I play since 2013 (November) and now, this wekend i will put my belt in orange, but i buy ZEN one time only, and i really like this changes, by the way, 30-90 are no a time to do 24k AD in Dungeons or Skirmish.
This discussion has been closed.