test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Double RP Weekend: To refine or not to refine.....

icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
With the newly annouced change to AD I suspect a lot of items' value is going to fall Big Time. (I expect AD Exchange's backlog to clear up within the next 24 hours since AD's value is very likely going to go UP!)

So the question is... should I sell all the RP items I have this weekend and keep the AD, then buy/refine the enchantments once they get cheaper, or should I just refine it anyway....?

What would you do?
icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)

Comments

• wrazerzrwrazerzr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Same exact question that I was thinking about.

I have a few million AD worth of RP in my mailbox now. I'll probably use 20 to 30% of it for refinement and sell the rest of it. Mostly looking to stack up AD at this point.

Might put off some upgrading as well, in hopes that Cryptic will listen to the player's advise and lower the cost of GMOPS (if they are still going on with the Leadership AD nerf).
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    This is exactly what I've been thinking over since last week. I have at least 10-15M worth of RP that I'm planning to refine into my stuff. It's a tough call. How much do I refine, how much to keep? If only I can put a finger on how soon the prices will go down, how sure it will go down, and which items might actually turn up cheaper... I wish I wish.
  • umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    What changes about AD are you talking about?

Nevermind, found them. Ouch.
    Post edited by umsche on
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    Bigger question, do I save for the inevitable BTC/BTA RP change; and then really make bank. Or does Cryptic find away to balance it? Probably not. Unbound RP may become a relic of a different time.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • davejustdavedavejustdave Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    clonkyo1 said:

I will use all my RP on this 2xRP weekend... and most probably, quit the game...

I can think of a way you could save a bit of time this weekend....
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    I am refining... regardless of the AD issue.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    Yah Im gonna use a bunch. If they dont get you with one thing.. it's another... inventory space. Haha
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    i only need 4 levels of neck to gold on my archer to finally have two chars gear gold. btw: it will not help him in pvp performance anyway ... lol

increase rank of some radiants, negation a and storage rest rp for underdark. There will be new gear to refine, maybe i delete one char with 25lvl leadership and start playing druid)))

or i will completely switch to elder scrolls if i must compete against premades at pvp with bots warriors on my side constantly.. lol

maybe i will daily pvping on my lvl70 warlock il 1000

luckily i still have enough AD stored and dont spend all on refinements ....
  • robarumrobarum Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    clonkyo1 said:

I will use all my RP on this 2xRP weekend... and most probably, quit the game...

The same... I'v got 10 alts with leadership maxed: it took me 3 months to make transcendend ench. having AD income only from it (while buying Zen for $ you can have it almost immediately), 3 months vs 2,3 days is not enough delay for them ...and its only one enchantment when you need about 50kk ad to buy refining stones and upgrade ONLY weapon and neck+stash sets - you need about 60kk AD more to have all 12 rank enchants, having 10 alts with maxed leadership it wd take many months (more than a year for sure) to save that amount of AD but again it's not enough dealy for them... So be it.

PS. No one in his right mind can expect to farm hrs/day to earn some ad (doing freaking the same content since 2 years).This is no free2play game anymore it's free to log in...

(don't forget that They are making every few module almost all equipment obsolete)

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    I wont spend a cent for at least a couple of months. My tr needs it but nevermind. 300 ads for a pvp seriously....
  • fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    gimme a link, im afraid xD
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    I refine... I need to het high level stuff.

It makes up for my skills

Urlord
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    Well, instead of hoarding RP people will begin hoarding their AD. I expect prices to drop, but number of buyers to dry-up. People are going to think very hard before spending their AD now because it's no longer so "easy" to replace.
  • therealairheadtherealairhead Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    clonkyo1 said:

^^this.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    drkbodhi said:

I am refining... regardless of the AD issue.​​

Same for me, I need the bag space. Besides, most of my RP items are character or account bound anyway.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    I'll refine the char-/acc-bound stuff like Zeb. For the unbound...

...I'll watch the AH and ponder on for starters.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    I'm refining every last RP item I've stashed. I rather see the mythic artifacts and legendary equipment on my toons than sit on a bunch of RP watching the market.
  • ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    I'm not even going to bother logging in. The need for 2x refinement in and of itself shows just how far gone this game is.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    I've just been selling any RP and buying rank 5 stacks with it when bots put their stuff up. Regardless as to how much they drop nothing is really going to beat what amounts to 7500 for a stack of R5s.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • noetic2noetic2 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I had piles of refinement saved up for the weekend. Was looking forward a big jump in item score. Upgraded all my artifacts to max. Went from a lesser to a greater Cloak of Seldarine, again, at near max. but my item level, now is significantly LOWER than it was before!!!! How is that possible? And in capping an artifact, I used up 40 preservation wards! Again, at a 5% chance, how is that even possible? Am I being toyed with in an attempt to make me spend more? Well, it is moving me in just the opposite direction! Frustration!
    Post edited by noetic2 on
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I am refining all of mine, as most of mine are the account bound rp we get from leadership.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    noetic2 said:

I had piles of refinement saved up for the weekend. Was looking forward a big jump in item score. Upgraded all my artifacts to max. Went from a lesser to a greater Lethander, again, at near near max. but my item score, now is significantly LOWER than it was before!!!! How is that possible? And in capping an artifact, I used up 40 preservation wards! Again, at a 5% chance, how is that even possible? Am I being toyed with in an attempt to make me spend more? Well, it is moving me in just the opposite direction! Frustration!

My lantern of Revelation took 50 just to get to legendary : |

And the UI glitched out and had the icon saying it had a ward in it when it didn't on one try so I burned 5 gmops and 2 marks : |

I8r4ux9.jpg
  • callofkutulucallofkutulu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 56 Arc User
    I did the refine thing, but not using the gmop to see if they drop the prices on those first so I have three artifacts waiting to go to mythic based on the price drop of gmop. With no real way to gain AD anymore, I have to save the token bit I have left
  • davejustdavedavejustdave Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    If I had known about the leadership changes I would probably not have bought quite so much RP recently.
    For 2xRP I tend to dump RP into everything I can and then spend the subsequent weeks/months earning the GMoPs I need to upgrade. After next week a big chunk of those earnings stops so I probably will never get to upgrade some of that stuff. All MMOs tweak and change things but this is the first I have played where there are so many huge changes happening so regularly. It's like encouraging us all to buy cars and then abolishing roads.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    I'm refining, but I'm not spending so much as a single AD on GMOPs or on wards. I'm just leaving as many enchantments as possible maxed out, ready for upgrading. They'll stay that way, too, until the new cost of GMOPs is both known and reasonable.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • noetic2noetic2 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    urabask said:

And the UI glitched out and had the icon saying it had a ward in it when it didn't on one try so I burned 5 gmops and 2 marks : |

The exact SAME thing happened to me. One million ADs down the toilet! I upgraded my Cloak of Seldarine. Advanced probably 100 levels, altogether, on my artifacts, and my item level FELL 10 points. And it is STILL there. Beyond frustrating.

Post edited by noetic2 on