test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Changes

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I would like to just remind people that while negative criticisms are allowed, provided that they are constructive in nature, dev bashing will NOT be tolerated. Period. Thank you.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    Another thing: while I agree with the changes. This risks of putting Leadership in a really bad place, considering the profession is the slowest to progress in the game.

Will we be seeing a subsantial boost in the Crafting EXP awarded by Leadership Tasks to bring it in line with other profressions in advancement? I believe it would be fair, now that AD is gone.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    If you keep changing things after the fact - after people have exploited things to the limit, after people have put effort towards a goal, etc, you are going to keep eliminating your new player base. All that is going to be left is the people that exploited, and the people lucky enough to capitalize on these methods to make AD prior to them being removed.

and I just have got to ask. What really is the point of allowing 57 characters on an account, if they arent meant to be used as crafting farms? Nobody and I mean NOBODY in the world is playing 50+ characters....

I don't know. This seems like you guys are working in silos, and just making stuff up as you go without any supervision.
  • Options
    rodrant64rodrant64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 172 Arc User
    Say goodbye to a huge portion of your player base, then. They'll all quit before they spend a dime on this game because you cost them their AD stream, and then why would even currently paying players stay in a dead game?
    Just call me Rod. Member of Grievance!
    CW: Rodrant Turnbul
    TR: Rodran
    DC: Rodrat
    GWF: ROARdrant TurnBRAWL
    Other GWF: Shieldrant
    HR: Bowdrant
    SW: Wardrant Turnlock (my main!)
    OP: Paladrant (on Preview!)
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    *enters the thread thinking its about more ways to earn AD (not rAD), with the hard-leveled up Leadership that took endless months of boredom to maximize (all in-game cuz despises the gateway, really...)*

Then...

Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    metalldjt said:

zebular said:

I am on board with this change completely. With my limited game time, the only way I have been able to afford anything is by having a "Leadership Army" and that turned into a catch-22. All my available time each day was spent working Leadership. With these changes, I will be able to stop my "leadership army" and instead spend that 30-90 minutes actually playing the game AND earning AD. This sounds great to me. Looking forward to actually being able to play the game and not work it. Huzzah!

are you blind? ofc for a casual player playin 30-90 minutes will give you 24k ad, how much were you winnin with the leadership army?

compare it ?
    dont get me wrong.
    what they put ingame its not REWARDING, those are just most ridiculous quest they've done.
    a REWARD should be done by completing a dungeon/skirmish , and not only for doing a 3 quests and cap it to 24k ad.

do u even post anything than not noding at your superior ?

how can this help a new guy get a rank 12 if the cost to make it , it's 3 milion AD , while he does 24k ad ? with that 24k AD he will gonna buy other things each day.
    its outragoues, this is just remove the source of AD , leave the prices as they are, make the richer poorer, make fun of the newcommers.
    I did not compare anything. I simply stated that the change allows to me to play the game and earn AD instead of being sucked into working a leadership army. Of course I'll be making less AD, but that doesn't matter because I was making way more than I needed anyway (I could easily bring in 1-2 mil a week). It was a downward-spiral. The more I made, the more I wanted, the more characters I made. Now I'll be able to focus on select characters and still make AD instead of doing nothing but Leadership most of my game time. Relax, you have your opinion, I have mine. No need to attack me for such.
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    All quests in all zones should give AD, even if in small amounts. There are some people that for whatever reasons do not run dungeons, PvP, skirmishes etc. But they are still playing the game in their own ways. I personally prefer to just run the campaign zones only, and stronghold content. This to me is just them trying to force people to play the game only one way if you want to get anything. Another way to push casual players and smaller guilds out of the game.
  • Options
    meurydicemeurydice Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    This is horrible. Honestly this AD from leadership is the only means we know we could handle the AD sinking from the Stronghold. And if ever this will be fully implemented, we don't know now. Of course, members of the guild will rather keep their AD for themselves instead of friggin donating it, and even that the items they got from dungeons, instead of donating from stronghold on surplus equipment, they would rather salvage it for their own AD gain! Please be atleast reasonable on Stronghold requirements, if you will do this changes.
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Okay people you need to calm down. It sounds so much worse than it actually is.

You get less AD. YES.
    The AD you get will skyrocket in Value. YES.
    Prices will DROP so that players can afford the items. YES.

A mount wont cost 4m AD in AH because nobody will be able to buy it and then the seller wont get his AD. So he will lower the price far enough so people can afford it. So instead of 4m maybe it will cost 400k. This wont happen over a night, but I think this is the long term goal.

And I think they will adjust all vendor/zen prices after time.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    nachodx22nachodx22 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    You created an economy in which you NEED to farm leadership, and you make the countless hours we have spent farming leadership obsolete? You are not adding any new ways to make AD. You are just making it so we do not need to press "L" to accept a quest now... Whoopdie Doo!!!! Thank you for saving us the 2.5 sconds it takes me to accept a quest, and totally nerfing our only way of making 120-180K per day, which isn't nearly enough to refine our gear! These GMOPS are still expensive even for a VIP ya know.
    -Nacho Skymont
    Quixaltic Guild Leader
    GH20, pm for inv
  • Options
    fieryapostlefieryapostle Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Where are the AD rewards for people who actually play the game but do not enjoy skirmishes, dungeons or PVP? Will people who only play the story or the campaigns get AD? Or are those playstyles irrelevant? I don't see how anyone is going to be able to advance to Icewind Dale or Well of Dragons with the enchantments that they'll be able to equip without affording GMOPs. They probably won't be able to do even the lower campaigns. No endgame - just quit at the end of the story?
  • Options
    cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    goatshark said:

Playing Dungeons
    Old: If you picked up the daily quest, you got 3,000 AD for one dungeon. If you had your chest key, you got an additional 3,000 AD.
    New: 1. Automatically get 3,000 AD for each of the first two dungeons. 2. In addition, get 150 to 750 AD for each dungeon played (up to a maximum 7,200 AD per day from dungeons). Amount varies by time.

Playing PvP
    Old: If you picked up the daily quest, you got 4,000 AD for two matches.
    New: 1. Automatically get 2,000 AD for each of the first two matches. 2. In addition, get 200 to 300 AD per match played (up to a maximum 4,800 AD per day from PvP). Amount varies by time.

It's currently 4 matches for the PVP daily, and don't you only got the extra AD from the chest if you ran the dungeon during the dungeon event.

It's really hard to buy into any proposed change if simple details aren't correct.
  • Options
    arran#4326 arran Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 69 Arc User
    Cmon guys! Stop posting stuff and be smart! Sell your zen! Some fool is offering millions on the ADE!
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    How many dungeon runs do you need to do in order to buy one GMoP? 33 times if you get 3000 AD per run.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    xedo01xedo01 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    i'm new to the game, and now i think i might leave. unless we can do like in other games and continally earn ad even if only a small portion per dungeon and RAD cap is significantly increased... this is my opinion.
  • Options
    cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User

How many dungeon runs do you need to do in order to buy one GMoP? 33 times if you get 3000 AD per run.

yeah, lol - 33, but hey, if you spend 110$ on VIP, its only like 21 times.
  • Options
    xedo01 said:

i'm new to the game, and now i think i might leave. unless we can do like in other games and continally earn ad even if only a small portion per dungeon and RAD cap is significantly increased... this is my opinion.

You are new to the game and you have an alt army with leadership going already?
    I doubt this change affects you negatively at all. If anything, your AD gains should increase.
    Alt armies are something that take LOTS of time and effort to set up.
  • Options
    arran#4326 arran Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 69 Arc User
    Here's an idea, let's sell our zen! :D
  • Options
    pelon9489 said:

Finally, no more backlog. Now I won't have to wait 1 week for a Runic Bag of Holding.
  • Options
    engineerofevilengineerofevil Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Are we really trying to kill off the last vestiges of the player base? Many of us heavily invested in time and Zen to open up our leadership. It took Zen to open up the character slots. Leadership took forever to bring it to Level 25. There is not a lot of content to farm ATM. Content actually contracted. It is easy for a few people to get behind this idea, they are most likely not running a lot of leadership. PVP is a shell of even what it was lost mod. Good luck for whoever is last after this gets out.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited September 2015
    pelon9489 said:

I'm sitting here watching the exchange on the Gateway. It hasn't really moved that much.

Edit: it seems to be picking up the pace though.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    kreatyve said:

pelon9489 said:

I'm sitting here watching the exchange on the Gateway. It hasn't really moved that much.
    Give it some time.
  • Options
    engineerofevilengineerofevil Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    People don't know yet.
This discussion has been closed.