test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lag with AMD FX 8320

silentwidowsilentwidow Member Posts: 3 Arc User
So I was wondering if anyone has a fix to this. I have tried hiding the mission log, and untracking all missions.

I have tried changing resolutions, 2560x1440, 1920x1080(Not going any lower). The game is pretty much unplayable, it's like it's stuck at 22-25 FPS. The only time it gets better is if I drop the CPU Slider all the way to the bottom(makes the game look like HAMSTER).

I never had this problem with my FX-6300, literally nothing else changed wait, my ram changed, I have DDR3-2100 now, but otherwise, it's all the same.

All my other games are OK. I have all the latest drivers for my system. I have tried on 8.1 Pro, and 10 Pro, same exact issue.

I have tried setting affinity to every other core like I saw online, that did give me like 2 FPS. But that's it.

Please don't say "It's your processor" It's a freakin' octa-core and every other game I play is fine, WoW, Metro 2033, BF4, BFH. All those games run at 2560x1440 maxed and don't lag at all (60+FPS)

Anyway, if anyone has any tricks I may be able to try, I really want to play Neverwinter again, and this is pretty much not letting me.

Comments

• l3thin4thl3thin4th Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 198 Arc User
    Which Dirext X are you using?
    I am using 9
    If I use 11 I get more or less your problems.

Lethinath - DC

Fayn Fiddler - HR

Jean Fiddler - OP

Quinn Fiddler - TR

Tre'Davious Flynn - SW

Bogus Skullslicker - GF

Vanhankaupunginselk - CW

Alea - GWF

Noble Misfits

• stillluv9stillluv9 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same problem here !! really frustated about it
    my rig :
    i3-4130k
    GTX 750ti
    4GB RAM
    but still got lag everywhere and never reach 30 FPS, even with low graphic setting :(
  • elvalianonelvalianon Member Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I have the same issue since the quest tracker got fixed. The lag/fps that happened back then with the tracker on, now happens 90% of the time. Used to be totally fine before.

ATI Radeon HD 4800 series
    6 GB RAM

I know I have a older and not the best pc, but it can run other games fine enough and I didn't have a issue 1-2 weeks ago.