Install Arc

[Module 10] Lancer's GOLDEN PVP GWF Destroyer High-End build

metalldjtmetalldjt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,310 Arc User
edited October 2016 in The Militia Barracks
Lancer PVP GWF Iron Vanguard
the GOLDEN form
pqWWbC9.jpg
Race choice
My personal choice is Halfling, other choices are DragonBorn and Human.
Ability Rolls
the roll is 13 CON, points spent into STR and CHA to maximize the potential damage.
dYNZisG.jpg
Iron Vanguard
For the MARK ofc and Threatening Rush used as a gap closer.
Powers
At wills: Sure Strike, Threatening rush
Encounters: Hidden Daggers, Daring shout/ Battle fury, ibs
Dailies – Indomitable Strength, Savage Advance
Class Feats : Destroyer,Bravery
Enchantments
Offense slot – Radiants Enchantments.
Defense slot – Savage's enchantments.
Utility Slot - Dark enchantment
Weapon and Armor enchantment
T.Feytouch
T.Negation
Artifacts
Wheel of elements/Sigil of devoted
Shard of orcus
Kessel's Spheres of Annhilation
Sigil of the GreatWeapon
Feats
s4fjp7F.jpg
Stats
Y7rAulE.jpg
Post edited by metalldjt on

Comments

• jcharais01jcharais01 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Why destroyer in PvP, I never fight 3 people at a time where I win? I always take this out.
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    Never though you would share your build out Lancer, I am keeping my cookie cutter build :D
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • soonie333soonie333 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    How did you get your recharge time up to 120+% with only 11k+ recovery and 23 int?

My recovery is 10k+ and 15 int and its recharge time is only 55+%.

Is there something else you using?

Edit: I'm a GF btw
  • zarark6zarark6 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    How do you have that ability score? Is it after being buffed?
  • badbaldusbadbaldus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Curious what a full CON roll means. Also looks like your a halfling is that correct?

• blackylukeblackyluke Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Why do you focus Power over Crit? Is the bonus temp HP from Unstoppable that important? Also Versatile Warrior over Wicked Assault?
    I think it would be good if you add some matchup info for new players and why and how this build gives you an advantage to the classic Crit offensive build.

Good to see PvP players finally being confident enought to share some build tho :^)​​
  • badbaldusbadbaldus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    metalldjt wrote: »
    yes, i am an halfing , and full con means a base roll of 18 CON and every 10 levels you put points in CON (and INT)

Thanks for the info. Curious though how you got an 18 roll in Con as it is not the main stat for GWF. I only ever get one 18 roll and it always goes into STR by default. Are you counting the +2 racial in that? so 16 (best I can ever get in CON) +2 for 18 total?

edited July 2015
    Well I agree on that I do have to say that im full on Crit and use Feytouched too and find it decent, we will see how that changes in the m7 and how strong the recovery build will be. I agree that CW and HR are hurt if you control them more but I haven't had a problem against these classes unless im in a 2v1 situation, it is key to understand their immunity and vunerability frames and when to strike them, but maybe the good HRs and CWs have been consistantly hiding from me which is very well possible. DC and OP are unkillable thats true and TRs and GFs won't loose either and GWF seems also build/skill dependend. However, the setup GWFs currently run is in my view something that goes on 2 and fights mostly 2v2s and 3v3s. While your build mostly seems to be a pointholding build especially with that run speed I think you might wanna grab a potion here and there and just be able to nulify a big threat on the enemy team by keeping them occupied one or another way and then I think a DC or OP might just do the same thing but more consistently, altho they have no kill threat.
    Curious to see your build in the future and how others react, adapt or pick it up themselves. Nice to see some diversity tho.​​
  • pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    I have seen his build in action many times and it's impressive to say the least.
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Kudos. We talked about this in person, but it's interesting to see a different concept for once. I personally would question any heavy CC/reco builds for my GWF PVP wise, but it seems to work nicely despite my predictions. I still feel like slotting double CC encounters is slightly gimp, yet if I ever go 100% PVP for a long period I'll consider a similiar build. Good work :)
    For PvE definitly not, if you have "stats spare" after aquiring 100% crit chance you will most likely invest into Power.
    The reason is that the best loadout is Daring Shout, Hidden Daggers and Indomitable Battle Strike. Means the only thing affected by CDR is IBS as the rest doesn't matter. You don't need AP gain on a GWF in PvE as there is no good AoE Daily and Crescendo requires setup to use and is not even always better dps compared to At-Will spam. Recovery is indeed the worst offensive stat for GWF in PvE.​​
  • tresslynntresslynn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    so if im correct your base roll was 18 str 18 con 18 dex 17 int 16 cha and 13 wis?
  • zachisrisingzachisrising Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    How did you get your recovery,defense,life steal so high.
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    If anyone wants the rings send a pm. :)

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• saltalankissaltalankis Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Appreciate for sharing, can u explain what so special in 1 point deep gash?
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Very similar to my stat distribution (mine are lower). I have currently, at 3kish level, 8k LS, 17k power, 11k ArP, 3.6k Recovery.
    Interesting to see you went CON when every GWF is see goes STR-DEX. I kept CON as a primary stat but i'm lower than yours (22 str- 24 CON- 23 Dex if i'm not mistaken). I think it's good because the DRI coming from CON should be not affected by ArP resistance from tenacity, right?
    I'm currently using T.Vorpal cause my crit chance is 36% even if i'm using a lathander set.

Questions:

First: I noticed you put 1 point in deep gash. Is it for stacks build-up? I thought the devs "fixed" it and made it so that deep gash procs were not counted as stacks. But i might be wrong. In that case, i'd need it to speed up my stacks build up with T.Vorpal.

Second: do you think it is overall better to try and get LS from gear, and go for the SH HP boon? Cause i noticed that was your choice. I see at BiS levels you can get enough LS from gear so you can get the HP boon to boost Unstoppable's temp HP/Drowned healing/water wheel healing (my guess). Is it worth it to go for the 30k extra HP in place of 10-20% added LS? I see high HP pool as some kind of "absolute defense". I mean, HPs can't get pierced or reduced. They add flat survivability against everything. Is this the reason why you picked HP over LS?

Third: I see you got wrathful determination. With the extra HP, isn't it better to pop up Unstoppable as soon as it's up/full? In that case you would almost never have the double bonus from WD (full bar) in PvP (in PvE you can just let the bar filled until your previous stacks are almost over, to have the doubled bonus up a lot more). Wouldn't it be better to go for bravery for the extra deflect?

Last: if T.Fey gets changed to a 50% uptime, would it still be good or would you go Vorpal? I settled with Lathander set+P.SF/ T.Vorp, waiting to see how things will change with T.Fey-T.Neg combo and the other enchants. How would you change the build then?
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Not much time to test, sadly. But i'll try it! Thanks for the reply!!
  • azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    very nice, i have been using variations of the build, and I really like it.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User

Why destroyer in PvP, I never fight 3 people at a time where I win? I always take this out.

There are feats granting destroyer at any amount of targets.