test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

When?

guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
Seriously, how much longer will the foundry be down?

Comments

• richarddalamirricharddalamir Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I wish I knew. There are a lot of good foundry ideas I want to use.
    I don't know what I'm doing.

A House Divided [NW-DPF5SD98R] (Take sides in the nefarious drow houses to stop a malevolent plot.) /Not the best lore accuracy./
    * Currently working on and off with a new campaign. *
  • edgarjosephedgarjoseph Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    same here! my friends and I run a very casual pathfinder campaign that I could easily adapt into Neverwinter. It would be hilarious!!!
  • zachariah92zachariah92 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    Foundry down for an undetermined amount of time

I would like to see that pathfinder campaign!!
    NW - DD69G42V2 - The Stolen Dragon Egg
    NWS - DPVINV31F - La Corona de la Sombra
    NW - DTKMPU3RQ - Contest: Portal - The Forgotten
    NW-DRTBVIVMU - Drowned Shore: Disembark #DS#
  • myrkolithmyrkolith Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    It took a long time to get the Foundry back after Mod 6 as well, I think it's just because quests are constantly being built so it takes longer with each new Module to upload them all back up. Usually though we've been given access to at least building them again though...
    Conduit of Time: 7 Chapter Campaign in progress (Currently Chapter 6 Released)
    Search @Longshire for 12 Foundry Quests, all are story driven adventures
    Story -- Medium/Heavy, Combat -- Light/Medium, Lore -- Medium/Heavy
  • edgarjosephedgarjoseph Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Foundry down for an undetermined amount of time

I would like to see that pathfinder campaign!!

i get that it is down until it just isnt... it still sucks :wink:

But to give you an idea of the campaign: most of us are newbs, first time playing any kind of D&D scenario... So our DM created a modular system: You receive a magical letter that explains you have inherited an inn at the fringes of the kingdom. The previous owner wants to retire, and has no next of kin, he has some magic left to him though. He used it to pen the letter which will seek out suitable heirs and inform them of their good fortune. It contains a clause that other heirs will be present/will show up... play nice and get along! It is a cheap but efficient mechanic to allow us to roll a new character and pick up where the last died! 5 deaths so far... The setting also allows players to be absent from time to time without a problem. In this case, it will allow me to break the campaign into parts with just a summary to explain whats what if you haven't played the previous "chapters."

i digress,

The party arrives on the outskirts of town to find a villager being harassed by bandits: save the villager.
    He leads you to the inn, it is in REALLY bad shape. Not even fit for business.
    Clear it out: deal with "the occupants", try not die or catch a viral infection.
    Mayor is a retired adventurer, comes by to welcome you and offer some quid pro quo.
    Offers workers and supplies to repair the place in exchange for services rendered: goblins thieves!
    After several encounters, the goblins strike back: 40 of them, commanded by a larger enemy!
    Two buildings are burned to the ground, but no one is hurt... ignoring the party members.
    Village priest blames you for the trouble, starts power struggle with the mayor who claims you are heroes.
    Mayor sends you to the next town to let the dust settle; and so you can promote the inn, before your reopening. Death cult screws up the holiday, you stop them. You go home.
    Sadly, bad things follow you 'cause you messed with the death cult...
    Mayor cant protect you from the priest anymore; has to think of the village and its people first.
    Priest hates you and blames you for everything, but is not a "villain" per say...

Now you've got an inn to run, the trouble that brings, a death cult that is targeting you, a hick-town priest that claims you are a pestilence, and a mayor who sees you as the new town sheriff, judge, jury, executioner... Blunt instrument! What do you do?!?!?

Our actual campaign had and will have plenty of hilarious side lines but i don't want to ruin the whole thing :smiley:

OFFICIALLY DONE HIJACKING YOUR THREAD BTW (SORRY)
  • guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    All righty then....

Like most of the authors, I been using this down time to get some ideas fleshed out in my mind.... as far as story-line for my own adventures, is concerned. Hopefully, the developers have not completely forgotten about the foundry. In addition, I have taken some time to actually play my original character. I seem to have played my first character until I was able to get access to the foundry.. at which point, I spent much of my gaming-time designing my own adventures.. and then playing through them, bug-testing and refining; along with playing quite a few other foundry quests. Now, with the foundry down time, I have been playing a bit more of the core game, and some of the more well-played foundry quests. This is a good thing, but, I really would like to have some time frame for the foundry to be operational again. A few words from the developer, would go quite a long way; so as to keep the authors, such as myself, in the loop.... and continuing to enjoy this game.
  • doctordnadoctordna Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    If you are not afraid of Facebook you can join us during the outtage: facebook.com/CrypticFoundry

Unofficial STO and NW author group. An open where nothing is censored.
  • myrkolithmyrkolith Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    I noticed I was given a letter in-game mail for each character that came from a well informed Harper. Now it didn't completely mention the Foundry, but I know the well-informed Harpers are the npc's around the various zones that can give you Foundry quests, aside from the job boards. The letter said that he would be in touch, so perhaps they will be sending in-game mail to everyone once the Foundry returns to sort of promote it a bit.

It would be a nice little advertisement for it, as a lot of players still have no idea what Foundry is or that we even have it.
    Conduit of Time: 7 Chapter Campaign in progress (Currently Chapter 6 Released)
    Search @Longshire for 12 Foundry Quests, all are story driven adventures
    Story -- Medium/Heavy, Combat -- Light/Medium, Lore -- Medium/Heavy
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    Please continue to use the other thread. No need for multiple threads discussing the same topic. Thanks!

I'll see what I can find out about the Foundry and when I do, I'll post about it there.
This discussion has been closed.