test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best active healing companion

zekehubriszekehubris Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
Which is better Angel of Protection, Acolyte of Kelemvor or something else?

Comments

• drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    My Priestess of Sune is phenomenal. She is about 10 times better than the basic healer dude. I have both of them.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    The old forum listed the healing companions by healing dealt per second. IIRC the Disciple Cleric healed the most, along with the Lizardfolk Shaman. The Angel of Protection and Battlefield Medic were also high up on the list AFAIK. The only healers I have ever used in this game are the Angel (on my HR) and the Medic (on my GF) and both did a good job of keeping me alive.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Purple Angel is horrible compared to Green Lizardfolk Shaman.I was using the Lizardfolk but I was tempted the Angels active ressurrect bonus but I am thinking putting my lizardfolk back after seeing Angels healing

Edit:I wanted to check it after leveling it up a little bit.Angel is level 21 now and I killed mobs for 2minutes and it just stood there doing nothing.It is prety unreliable companion
    Post edited by dsn1118 on
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    i have battlefield medic, angel of protection and lizardman but my favourite is still the legacy free companion that heals 20% ur max HP over a few second, that keeps my GWF at full HP easily :D
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    I use Squire from Paladin pack. Blue account-wide and has decent healing ability and two defensive boosts. Also he (tries to) tank and takes aggro which is helpful to maintain CA effect when you play solo. Good choice if you leveling many characters.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Dedicated_Squire
    1. Cleansing Touch: The squire heals and cleanses all allies in melee range, removing any CC effects and healing up to 15% of targets health over 6 seconds.
    2. Smite: Smash a target, igniting them with holy fire for 4 seconds. They burn so hot that enemies within 15' of them are also damaged by this effect. Foes who are affected by the burn deal 15% less damage for 3 seconds.
    3. Allies near the target are healed as well.
    4. Holy Orders: Bonus 25% chance to deflect. This power unlocks at companion rank 30.
    As a blue after unboxing, you have all of them once you level companion up to 30. Accessories and bonding stones push this companion effectiveness even further.

Recently did some leveling of Priestess of Sehanine Moonbow in SH with HR, immediately noticed lack of easy mode you have with Squire. That is another overpowered companion but for different circumstances.
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    I concur Squire in Paladin pak is definitely up there in terms of survivability and ability in what it is supposed to do. And I've had most healer companions (except maybe the Shaman) - That squire is at or near the top of my personal list.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Others give great steady amount of healing incoming but the priestess of sune has the best burst heal. A tank with 120k HP getting 50% of that HP back is good. She heals about 40-60% of your HP at rank 30. All she needs is a lot of recovery to spam it frequently.
  • dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    Do comp
    ghoulz66 said:

Others give great steady amount of healing incoming but the priestess of sune has the best burst heal. A tank with 120k HP getting 50% of that HP back is good. She heals about 40-60% of your HP at rank 30. All she needs is a lot of recovery to spam it frequently.

Do companions even use recovery stat.I thought it is only good for companions gift.

• rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    For melee classes, especially somewhat squishy ones (TR, melee HR), I'm gonna concur with the people suggesting the paladin squire. I love him. He heals AND he tanks.