test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How many accounts are actually active in your guild?

cambo1682cambo1682 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 164 Arc User
edited September 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
I'm curious if Crytic has underestimated the number of inactive players there are to scale Stronghold requirements. Our guild for exampe has about 130 accounts but probably 8-10 fully active with 4 or 5 online peak, occasionally a couple more. We are making progress, but only because most are playing their alts to gather materials. Looking ahead at the currencies required, things look extremely discouraging. I suspect many people may be reluctant to abandon their small guild or even merge because of friendships, feelings that they have invested in their own Stronghold (even if there is little progress) as well as other reasons for keeping guild size on the lower end. So this begs the question asked about small guilds being considered for Strongholds, are say 90% of the people in guilds making great progress this mod or is it the other way around?

How many accounts are actually active in your guild? 96 votes

1-5
32%
vonne350zebularhfleettinead51niteingalesilvergrypharabaturbuzzardsbaitrickcase276emilemojimmyharsuxip01111regenerdegamesk9valcontar73xsloaneaulduronhumorisbenefitbushman1414mafoi1515 31 votes
6-10
5%
raistlintaokillzoneexb44lin0rthefabricantwhiteheart80 5 votes
11-20
17%
fdsakhfduewhfiufblazious11thedyslexiconeinstynctivekreatyvemynaamhastati96umschedarkstarcrashcanmannobsidiancran3mentinmindmakerwentrisinyawayupdeeprapo973matisszadammreilly 17 votes
21-50
15%
karakla1absoulterjuleadreamboltzmann42oliboyphvordaynrhoriangelusamenofismc68000cjh1983soulspiritxfoxxy#4211azuosed89ichkenneallescommanderdata002 15 votes
51-100
13%
ogariousnamrekcarayrdandrkbodhiironzerg79chroococciicyphishdarthpotatermamalion1234gweddryxxmantaraxxordepmaiarelkindx 13 votes
over 100
10%
sorce#8115silverkeltabspquaranaxrinat114rversantcdnbisonbeaghan1bitt3rnightmar3virtuathor 10 votes
I'm not in a guild
5%
sockmunkeydevaneiohammbo1969bushman1313trashbob#6423 5 votes

Comments

• ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    51-100
    I'm not sure if it is possible to be knowledgeable of how many inactive players there are in a guild. Or how often every player from every guild plays the game.

The technology to track that exists, but the manpower to calculate it and put it into a form that is available and not too dated probably doesnt.

Cryptic doesnt have infinite manpower and funds to throw into Neverwinter. Which is why all they can do is base the requirements off of our feedback and try to adjust accordingly.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    over 100
    We're running almost at capacity. Last I saw, we were flirting with the 150 account cap. Thanks to most of them being active, our stronghold is growing pretty briskly (production plots all rank 2, Guild Hall turns 5 tomorrow). Should have our first boon structure up in the next couple days.
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    11-20
    Our guild kicks members who haven't logged in for more than three months. Therefore we can assume that most accounts are still active.

The real issue with Strongholds from my point of view are the Dragon Fangs. We were not able to beat a single dragon once. About ten players of our guild are just not enough. It is difficult to get more to join the fight.

Also, as soon as we beat the dragon and they realize that they do not get a Dragon Fang without buying keys people might no longer join the fight. We just do not have enough active players to be able to beat two dragons. Therefore the new armor seems to be out of reach.
  • wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    11-20
    11-20 logging in at least once a week. Before mod 7 it was 5 and this number continues to rise, since people are coming back from mod 6 hiatus and some of them bring friends from other guilds, that didnt make it through previous mods
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    1-5
    ... and people are taking a look at the requirements of the Stronghold, and just move on to other games.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    11-20
    Team Fencebane has about a dozen people on during peek hours. Right now it's hard to judge because some people still have been having problems getting connected due to internet issues.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • bushman1313bushman1313 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I'm not in a guild
    We have connection problems what is true, but guild deserted mod4 and again mod6... mod7 many mailed that there is no reason to grind because requirements of the Stronghold are just ridiculous. They still stay guild as most are long term friends ... and we dont have "Kick policy".
    regenerde said:

... and people are taking a look at the requirements of the Stronghold, and just move on to other games.

...and that they allready done.

ps. "not in guild" because guild with out stronghold is not guild after all.
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    11-20
    IMHO, even big and active guilds may have problems in the future to select the boons structures: you cannot have them all. Finding an agreement between 20 is difficult: I cannot image 50+.
    New mods will come and it will be interesting how they will interact with the Strongholds. We will have a new set in Underdark, so I'm not investing in the SH gear set. Boons ans some pvp are the only values of the strongholds, but it takes too much. Probably we will stop at the level we believe is sufficient. On the long term I expect a zen package to buy Stronghold structures as for Sharandar and DR.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • bushman1313bushman1313 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I'm not in a guild
    rapo973 said:

IMHO, even big and active guilds may have problems in the future to select the boons structures. On the long term I expect a zen package to buy Stronghold structures as for Sharandar and DR.

(OFF-TOPIC)
    ..and IWD, whole set is 15K ZEN, what is quite cheap for one month boring grinds...

• sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    over 100
    We run 2 guilds (The Holy/Unholy Crusaders), due to the Account limit - both are getting close to the account cap. We have a 7 day policy of activity (unless pre-advised), as we aren't a casual guild, so all of our people are active. Our peak periods can have both guilds with 40-65 guild members online - that's both guilds. We've actually had Dragonflights where people cant join cause they are in a 2nd Stronghold instance.

We made sure we recruited people who can commit - I know this isn't for everyone, but for us it works, and we've seen a real sense of community, even with our newer recruits.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    It depends on what "active" means because it is hard to figure out who is actual playing. The only indication is when the character last login and that does not mean they are actually playing. They may just come in to do profession and invocation.

In addition, it is hard to tell which account is active comparing with which character is active. The player may be active by playing one character and the other alts are not touched for a long while.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    51-100
    Out of 138 accounts in the guild... I may be stretching this one a bit, lol. I think it is between 30 and 40, conservatively.

As others have said... what is active?​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    over 100
    I mentioned before, some of you need to cull.. active players log in every day.. you can stretch it and give it a every week or two goal, but I wouldnt put a person on the guild roll , if they cant bother logging in more then once every other week.

I understand if you are a small guilder , not wanting to expand, its a pain to be a guild leader, which is why I let others with more inclination do such now. I was a monster guild leader on riddermark for 3 years , to get people to listen is hard, which is why I usually just say nowadays, yes sir or ma'm whatever you need.

I still hear my warleaders yells in the back of my head sometimes =).. thats a totally different story.

edited September 2015
    11-20

I understand if you are a small guilder , not wanting to expand, its a pain to be a guild leader, which is why I let others with more inclination do such now. I was a monster guild leader on riddermark for 3 years , to get people to listen is hard, which is why I usually just say nowadays, yes sir or ma'm whatever you need.
    I still hear my warleaders yells in the back of my head sometimes =).. thats a totally different story.

This is a game. I'm in a social guild where friendship and fun are the priority. Some can do more, others less but we're not stressed if we need 5/6 months more. Leadership is a tricky skill and it's not always shouting or yelling. I'm not the guildmaster but to our guildmates I simply say:"Check your expectations and decide if this is the guild for you". Some members left even if we're slowly progessing (we're at the beginning of SH level 3 currently); they were in a hurry and they wanted all the guild members acting in the same way. On the other hand, they don't see that in a more "army oriented" guild they will be evaluated and probably judged every day. For example one who left and bought some zen packages, wanted the others to donate a lot but he doesn't do the SH pvp quest (so no pvp rewards from him but the zen package). Such a kind of behavior creates tensions and leads the guild to break. They left, we've our fun back: I don't have to discuss behaviors for hours and hours. I just want to play and relax: I do all the quests everyday, but I don't point my fingers if someone else doesn't do it. The drawback is that we're slow, but I can live with it.

Oltreverso guild leader
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    11-20
    rapo973 said:

This is a game. I'm in a social guild where friendship and fun are the priority. Some can do more, others less but we're not stressed if we need 5/6 months more. Leadership is a tricky skill and it's not always shouting or yelling. I'm not the guildmaster but to our guildmates I simply say:"Check your expectations and decide if this is the guild for you". Some members left even if we're slowly progessing (we're at the beginning of SH level 3 currently); they were in a hurry and they wanted all the guild members acting in the same way. On the other hand, they don't see that in a more "army oriented" guild they will be evaluated and probably judged every day. For example one who left and bought some zen packages, wanted the others to donate a lot but he doesn't do the SH pvp quest (so no pvp rewards from him but the zen package). Such a kind of behavior creates tensions and leads the guild to break. They left, we've our fun back: I don't have to discuss behaviors for hours and hours. I just want to play and relax.

^^^^^^ This x100.

We're having fun. The ones who can contribute are contributing.Those who can't contribute are finding creative ways to contribute.

There's some deadweight, but they'll be gone soon.

And we can go back to having fun.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    how do you define "active"? Is logging everyday to invoke and log out active? is logging once everyweek to play a dungeon active?
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    1-5
    There are 4 active accounts in my guild (including myself) out of 100 accounts.
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    over 100
    regenerde said:

If that's the case then this game wasn't for them anyway. People played it for a long time just fine before strongholds and I group with 70's every day that are unguilded and happy as can be. Most play great and have great gear without a guild..
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    over 100
    Some of you should move on to active guilds. I was in a guild that was made during pre-release. It only had 1-3 players ever on. I left it a few days before Strongholds and joined a brand new guild. It's almost at capacity and every member is active. Even if you leave out the obvious advantages to the stronghold it's 100 times nicer always having guildies on doing stuff and helping each other than it was before. I loved my original guild, I held on too long though. I wasn't in charge so I couldn't reshape it and invite new people. I should've left it a year ago..
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    51-100
    im not sure we are more than 100 active players but definitely more than 50 for sure
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    1-5
    There is 1 active account (me) in my guild out of 21 accounts. And it is easy to tell in my guild, as only my characters are over level 60. I just yesterday built my marketplace, so getting there at the speed I can.
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    over 100
    I'm supposing once the SH donation log button doesn't crash the game client we'll be able to see who is actually contributing with real quests and help and be able to decide who stays and who goes a bit easier-- or at the very least create ranks that reward contributions. We have a waiting list in my guild.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• inyawayupdeepinyawayupdeep Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 206 Arc User
    11-20
    We're on the cusp of 5-10 and 11-20 because of new recruitment and painfully difficult mod 6 where several went inactive, hopefully our noobs will stay and more will come back, but I'm not optimistic that we will ever be able to do anything meaningful in this mod other than expend our time and resources.

our guild has members from all over the world so we usually have 5 or 6 max online at any one time.

Currently we are almost halfway to getting our second building started....yeah :/ ,yawn
    Can't wait till new mod comes out, maybe they will have 145 IL gear and the unobtainable stuff from this mod won't matter.

On a brighter note I do like the area it's fun doing HEs with Guildies and we have picked up a few odd pieces of armor doing them, just wish mod had tried to make smaller guilds viable and a rewarding experience for the people in them.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    1-5
    beaghan1 said:

regenerde said:

If that's the case then this game wasn't for them anyway. People played it for a long time just fine before strongholds and I group with 70's every day that are unguilded and happy as can be. Most play great and have great gear without a guild..
    Yeah, but before Strongholds solo players could reach most of the content without any problems... not anymore.

And at some point, even big guilds will feel that general playerloss, when they try to get into Stronghold PvP or queue up for regular PvP.

Just imagine a nice house Stronghold standing on a cliff, that is eroding slowly away...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    edited September 2015
    11-20
    beaghan1 said:

Some of you should move on to active guilds.

My guild is small, but active. Rewording a bit: the level of activity is enough to have fun. I don't need to move.
    beaghan1 said:

it's 100 times nicer always having guildies on doing stuff and helping each other than it was before. I

This is an interesting statement. You see a lot of players actively contributing to SH and helping each other: Great!
    But:
    1)you don't know why they are doing it: friendship? personal interest?
    2) As soon as the SH panel is fixed, you will discover who is more active and who is less active, even if all are "active". Let's see what is going to happen. Some already announced quite strong policies.
    3) Boons Structure: in an ideal world where every player is active, they work because they hope to see on the ground some boon structures and not others: let's see what is going to happen when an agreement between 100+ members must be found. As a guild leader, you can be a dictator or use a democratic approach: some players will be unhappy however decision is taken.
    4) Finally, let's say that the problems above are solved: some members leaves the guild and new members join: but the latter join the guild and they take benefit of the work done by others without doing nothing. It will be interesting to see what kind of policies will be adopted. There's a post in this forum where this "problem" is stated.

Spread these 4 points in a guild of 100+ players and you will see that there are many reasons for discussion and arguing instead of playing. That's why I prefer few, slow and no discussions, but it's just a personal preference.

I don't want to be pessimistic, just share what already happened in my guild. Being active is just a piece of a bigger puzzle.

Oltreverso guild leader
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    rapo973 said:

This is an interesting statement. You see a lot of players actively contributing to SH and helping each other: Great!
    But:
    1)you don't know why they are doing it: friendship? personal interest?
    2) As soon as the SH panel is fixed, you will discover who is more active and who is less active, even if all are "active". Let's see what is going to happen. Some already announced quite strong policies.
    3) Boons Structure: in an ideal world where every player is active, they work because they hope to see on the ground some boon structures and not others: let's see what is going to happen when an agreement between 100+ members must be found. As a guild leader, you can be a dictator or use a democratic approach: some players will be unhappy however decision is taken.
    4) Finally, let's say that the problems above are solved: some members leaves the guild and new members join: but the latter join the guild and they take benefit of the work done by others without doing nothing. It will be interesting to see what kind of policies will be adopted. There's a post in this forum where this "problem" is stated.

Spread these 4 points in a guild of 100+ players and you will see that there are many reasons for discussion and arguing instead of playing. That's why I prefer few, slow and no discussions, but it's just a personal preference.

I don't want to be pessimistic, just share what already happened in my guild. Being active is just a piece of a bigger puzzle.

About the guild I join:

1. unclear. There is no survey.
    2. hard to tell what will happen. If you are absent for months without reason, you are not active regardless. There is no point to reserve a seat for you. If you want to come back in later, that can be arranged.
    3. Already decided by the guild leaders before Stronghold was landed. Guild leaders went to the preview to understand/study what would be the best over all. The decision was announced through guild email before Stronghold was landed.
    4. The guild is already filled.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • gromme12gromme12 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    1-5
    regenerde said:

beaghan1 said:

regenerde said:

Yeah, but before Strongholds solo players could reach most of the content without any problems... not anymore.

And at some point, even big guilds will feel that general playerloss, when they try to get into Stronghold PvP or queue up for regular PvP.

Just imagine a nice house Stronghold standing on a cliff, that is eroding slowly away...
    We have done this mod7 now few weeks and few off us allready fed up with repeats... and most us declined silly idea "replay" old content as "NEW content" because NEW NPC gives tasks...

...and we have guild with "Guilbank", users we trust, we dont recruit(no need get ninjas) so our guild stays small and stronghold MOD7 is allready dead for us.

Maybe there is miscalculations with this mod grind, maybe we need guild alliances so can share resources(very tricky thing to do)... giving game up untill next mod, not good idea but very good choice...

...anyway Happy 10K repeats with Alt. characters etc. Cheers
  • adammreillyadammreilly Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    11-20
    I define active as someone who plays 3+ times a week, contributes to the guild (either the coffer or aiding a fellow member), and sometimes parties with members for a dungeon run. If you're in the guild and only invoking with that toon, you're not really in the guild (therefore, not active). We have a 1 month activity policy, so that helps keep our total numbers low (currently 90), but it won't cull the invokers or leadership army members that were brought in before their mains left; at least not without a change in policy again.

We have about a dozen players I can count on being on at certain times of the day most days, and about half those are casual players. We're still working on building the coffer for GH3, but we're fine with the time. It helps build relationships.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    51-100
    I put our number at 50-100. As a reference, I counted about 60+ unique accounts that have logged in over the last 24 hours. Probably close to 80-90 that have logged in at least once in the last 7 days.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    11-20
    Its telling that I see another guildy posting 51-100 and I'm saying around 20...

One of the things we really need to get the Devs good feedback is the ability to see how many people are active in the guild.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.