test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Would you like to have a tool in your Stronghold to monitor member's activity/donation?

12346»

Comments

• ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    Yes, I would like to see (or let the GM see) who does nothing.. and could incentivate me to commit even more

Absolutely not. People should be free to donate whatever they can afford (if anything) without the risk of being judged and/or kicked for it. There are better ways to keep your guild clean from inactive players.

Also, donations shouldn't be used as a measuring stick of how valuable a player is to the guild. There's much more to it.

As good as the intention might be, it will be used for the above. And I think players deserve a bit of privacy when deciding to donate whatever they can afford.

I voted yes on this... It kinda amazes me that the first thought of people is that this would be used to kick people from their guild. I guess that shouldn't surprise me, people being the way they are in this day and age, but yeah. Any guild ran by douchbags who would use something like this to kick "Unproductive" guild members isn't a guild I would want to be a part of anyways. Just saying.

Somewhere along the line we forgot that this is suppose to be a game, suppose to be entertaining. Neverwinter has become more of a job then most people's real jobs.

• gphxgphxgphxgphx Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    No, I don't want to be discriminated in any way
    This is a game, not work. If you institute performance metrics and people are measured by them you turn a guild master into a boss and a player into an employee. Also, if everyone is supposed to contribute equally you're punishing casual players who are being told to contribute items they need to catch up to the players whose artifacts are already all maxed out. As much as a performance tool is a way to determine whom to reward it's equally a tool to decide whom to punish. If you want to suck the fun out of the game and turn it into a job by all means add one.
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    Yes, I would like to see (or let the GM see) who does nothing.. and could incentivate me to commit even more
    If your guild would use this info to harass players and discriminate then I'd consider changing guilds because your guild sucks :neutral: . Even if the gm can't see it, I'd like to track my own record of donations. For one thing it'd help show me which grinding actually paid off better and I'm sure other could use the info constructively too.
  • azaris#6648 azaris Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    the tool is here and we will all see how it goes. will be interesting to see how many people "reward" rather than kick.

Post edited by azaris#6648 on
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    azaris1 said:

beaghan1 said:

If your guild would use this info to harass players and discriminate then I'd consider changing guilds because your guild sucks :neutral:

I've seen this a lot throughout this thread, but I guarantee every last one of you who voted yes would be the first to kick someone who was not living up to your expectations. Don't kid yourselves.

Why else would you want such a tool? You want to track progress? The coffer already does that. Just be honest, or do you feel that the devs won't put it in if you are to tell your true motives, to kick those who are not donating enough.

You want to reward people? Please. I wasn't born yesterday.

I gave you a perfect example. The coffer doesn't track my personal progress and sorry if I don't feel like spending half my game time with a pen and paper figuring it myself. It would easily show me hey the time I spent in WoD wasn't as efficient as my Dread Ring grinding. and btw I wasn't kidding anyone, my guild has people that don't contribute hardly anything and that's fine, people have different priorities and game play time available etc., Many contribute 10 times as much as me I'm sure. If you seriously think that people are so crappy and so leetist then you should follow my advice and find a new guild because yours obviously is making a bad impression on you for what guilds should be like.
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    No, I don't want to be discriminated in any way

Guys it's GM choice to keep people in or out in any case. GMs aren't tyrants.. every guild has a scope, if you don't match with that scope you will be out in any case, tool or not.

There are casual oriented guilds out there (the majority), join them. Without the tools GMs of some guilds will simply require (enormous?) donations ->before<- you enter it without giving newbies even chances to enter and workout their way.

The proposed tool would be just a support for decision making: that's clear. You're proposing the skeleton of an algorithm to calculate the ranking, following the assumption that the "ranking of the donations" provides enough info to take the decision. But you're missing many important variables in your algorithm: one of them is the value of the time for example. One member plays everyday contributing to the guild and doing the daily quest without buying anything. Another player plays during the week-end and he buys some SH packages. In your proposed ranking system, it's very likely that the latter will be in the first position, playing two days a week only, leading the GM to take -maybe- the wrong decision in the case he has to kick one of them. If you kick the former, you're kicking an active player and keeping a "shopper".
    Even if you solve this, there are uncontrollable conditions: friendship for example or GM leading style. GMs aren't tyrants: are you sure that this statement is always true?

Finally, imho your tool is incomplete and even dangerous if it's used to enforce policies.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    I propose to implement optional SECRET SUPER BOSS in dungeons, so new players can complete the instance and get their rewards as per normal, and Veteran Players can challenge the super boss and receive special rewards (customes or whatever :D)
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    icyphish said:

I propose to implement optional SECRET SUPER BOSS in dungeons, so new players can complete the instance and get their rewards as per normal, and Veteran Players can challenge the super boss and receive special rewards (customes or whatever :D)

Wrong thread, but that's a good suggestion I can agree with.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    I dislike the way you phrased the possible responses.

Personally I want to see what I have donated.

I also want to get a better sense of how many accounts we have active in the guild. Knowing that helps make decisions about membership and provide more accurate feedback. We are an international guild so its hard to track how active we are at a member level. Seeing this sort of information helps.

The least useful thing is seeing how much people are donating. There is some personal amusement in seeing how much I'm donating compared to others of course, but as a membership moderation tool, not so much.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • ibaffoibaffo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I voted yes but I would implement this differently: instead of showing how much a person has donated to the guild I would would introduce 2 tools:
    1) a specific tier of Titles based on how much the player donated, to show off with other people
    2) an indicator (only for rank 6/7) in the roster to show how much time passed since the last time every player donated at least 1k to the coffer
    In this way high donors could be easily recognized from everyone and people who don't give a sheet can be addressed as the guild wants.
    I said 1K because, with 150 active accounts could be easily 150k/day.

Anyway I would lower the requisite of AD needed for the coffer overall.
  • banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    Yes, both for rewarding contributors and kicking leeches