test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New forums are bad, very bad

arcofortep12arcofortep12 Member Posts: 2,265 Arc User
edited September 2015 in Peer to Peer Tech Forum
Everything changed for the worse after the latest maintenance for the forums:

1. Can edit messages only for an hour... but why?? If I have one guide I have to repost it hundred of times to modify it?! And you can bet I will do it compromising the order of the forum, more trash.

2. No easy way to use shortcuts, before it was '[B][/B]' now it's like '', again... why??

3. Removed colors (or no easy way to use them). Why you removed them? They were useful in many ways.

4. It's incompatible with mobile browsers. With Chrome on Android I can't read the forums because the text is cutted in half on the right side. I can't check the forums if I'm far from mine main PC... nice move, really.

5. I can't even copy/paste a text because it's messed up, I have to remove parts that overlap. One of mine guide is broken because of that.

What have you done, 1 step forward 5 steps back. I'm very disappointed. But why have you done these unasked changes? It was almost perfect before now it's trash.

Revert it, please!
Sunrise_Knights.jpg

- All I say it's just my opinion. Peace. -
- Sunrise Knights are always recruiting active good-hearted players ;) 'Let the Sun shine!' -
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    Hit ctrl+b for bold, ctrl+i for italicize.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    The only thing worse is being forced to use html now : |

The quoting system is a nightmare. Before you used to be able to do [quote][/quote]

Now it's

: |

And all the line breaks and such need to be added manually. Not sure why they even did it because most forums disable it so people don't do anything abusive with it.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Its completely boinked on mobile devices.. totally. will not condense.

I do not like the last slew of changes, i miss the old forums still.

• instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I agree. Bringing back BBCode would be a Very Good Thing(tm).
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • gphxgphxgphxgphx Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    Personally I like the recent upgrade to the forums much better. Much easier to read. When it was harder to read none of the rest of it mattered.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2015

Everything changed for the worse after the latest maintenance for the forums:

1. Can edit messages only for an hour... but why?? If I have one guide I have to repost it hundred of times to modify it?! And you can bet I will do it compromising the order of the forum, more trash.

2. No easy way to use shortcuts, before it was '[B][/B]' now it's like '', again... why??

3. Removed colors (or no easy way to use them). Why you removed them? They were useful in many ways.

4. It's incompatible with mobile browsers. With Chrome on Android I can't read the forums because the text is cutted in half on the right side. I can't check the forums if I'm far from mine main PC... nice move, really.

5. I can't even copy/paste a text because it's messed up, I have to remove parts that overlap. One of mine guide is broken because of that.

What have you done, 1 step forward 5 steps back. I'm very disappointed. But why have you done these unasked changes? It was almost perfect before now it's trash.

Revert it, please!

As these are all technical issues, the thread has been moved accordingly. None of these changes were done on purpose and are on our list to be resolved by the Vanilla folks. Sorry for any inconvenience in the meantime.