test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Expensive old mounts useless

gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
edited August 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
[Armored Bulette] (Legendary)
[Heavy Giant Spider] (Epic from expensive box)
[Black Ice Warhorse] (Legendary)
[Rage Drake] (Epic)
[Stormraider Clydesdale] (Epic)
[Shadow Wolf] (Epic)
[Gelatinous Cube] (green upgraded rank 3)
[Hell Hound] (blue upgraded rank 3)

Mounts for like 50m AD are now useless since they have no stats/power like the new mounts.

This is very very bad. Not only did I waste so much zen/ad on these, but now all the players run around with the same mounts. Its boring. And all the time and effort you devs put into making these are now also wasted.

Add stats to them. I dont care what, just something. It cant be that hard. If you are lazy, then just add the same stats to them all.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

Comments

• looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User
    Why should they change something? You already invested your money. :P
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    looomis wrote: »

Because Im not investing anymore if they screw me over.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    And another one - -

Floating Disk

Nah. That's still stylish!

Rage Drake, maybe, too, and the Spider has only been one of a whole bunch of goodies, plus account wide.

....but all the others now are only fugly mementoes to the volatility of value...
  • looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User
    ejziponken wrote: »
    looomis wrote: »

Because Im not investing anymore if they screw me over.

Whats the matter to have several mounts with the same abilities? Either your investment was bad, or you like different models. I dont want to question your financial abilities, so the models remain, and they still remain.

Of course they should add a new mount training, but they won't. They have to gate the new mounts through key-use only.
  • myrkolithmyrkolith Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    The way I look at it, the few extra stats, and the skill that it gives are not worth it. Considering both of those new epic mounts are ugly as can be personally. I still ride the other mounts that I picked up, and have no intention of ever riding the new epic ones unless they make something that actually looks good + has the new features...
    Conduit of Time: 7 Chapter Campaign in progress (Currently Chapter 6 Released)
    Search @Longshire for 12 Foundry Quests, all are story driven adventures
    Story -- Medium/Heavy, Combat -- Light/Medium, Lore -- Medium/Heavy
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    I'd be happy if I could get a Mount Training just to get that 140% speed boost. The rest of the stats: keep 'em.
  • myrkolithmyrkolith Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    In most cases though, for PvE you really don't need the extra speed from the mount. The only place it would even matter is in PvP for capping nodes, or for the upcoming Stronghold PvP as people with faster mounts would have an advantage over the ones with slower mounts...
    Conduit of Time: 7 Chapter Campaign in progress (Currently Chapter 6 Released)
    Search @Longshire for 12 Foundry Quests, all are story driven adventures
    Story -- Medium/Heavy, Combat -- Light/Medium, Lore -- Medium/Heavy
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    If the new mounts are truly worthless, then their price will come down on the AH.

If someone's buying them at the price on the AH, then they're worth that much, at least to collectors.

I will say, though, that if you're going to try and sell something for 10mil AD, you really need rank 8+ VIP pass to avoid the posting cost, because the chances of someone actually buying your item are pretty low.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Nothing will change, and new lockboxes will come with new mounts and better/new powers... a take it, or leave it deal.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    edited August 2015
    Yes. AH Prices are actually going UP: Because of VIP program: removes posting fees, so now there is no perceived ceiling for the amount they sell stuff for. I saw a Legendary mount for 35 Million in AH today. 35 *Million*. Seriously? LOL But what to expect: it's now free to auction anything for any price as there is no posting fee (Obviously there is a selling fee, but at that price why would the seller care?)

Mounts are a dime-dozen now. Better to just buy one Zen Market Epic that you like and save your money. Sure: 140% Speed would be nice, but it's not THAT big of a boost over the 120%. You get a bigger boost between the 80% and 120% as it is, in fact: it's a bigger boost up to 80% - you can see and feel those. Now if they ever come up with a training manual IV to boost an epic to legendary on the speed thing? Then it depends on the cost, but I agree: the PvPers will jump on that.

As for the idea of 'pay-gate" (I'm not calling it pay-to-win...yet) yes there is one, in a sense, that you must buy Keys to open lockbox for a ridiculously slim chance of winning an epic or legendary mount. But *technically* it's not a pay-gate because you can earn AD for free and change for Zen.

Technically.
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    I would be happy to be able to "skin" my mount. so I could use the Flail snail. but Transmute it too look like a Heavy Inferno Nightmare, or a Tensers disc.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    Or making those mounts upgradeable to get extra bonuses - that would be good too, and will keep them relevant.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    i wanna transmute my ugly snail into SUPER AMAZING NCL mount :)

Sell the transmuter on Zen shop and just take my money already!!! :smiley:
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    Not only -
    Expensive old mounts useless", any Kind of Mounts below 140% Speed,
    is getting useless.

I think a Mount Training R3 to Rank4 Book" (to 140% speed) will surely coming!
    we have just to be Patient.

"Mount Training IV"

for example i will upgrade my [Guard Drake] :D
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
    edited September 2015
    Yeah, and you may find such an item in the next new lockbox... with a 1% droprate of course.
    Want to know why?
    regenerde said:

Yeah, and you may find such an item in the next new lockbox... with a 1% droprate of course.

A full 1% drop rate? You must be new here.
  • cesukecesuke Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Yes Man the chance is far less than 1%, i opened 110 lockboxes at time... Got pure useless stuff... Not even the 3rd place prize just Tarmalune Bars and proffesion packs...
    edited September 2015
    The chance is 1% with every lockbox, it doesn't matter how many lockboxes you open, your chance doesn't increase magically, it stays the same 1% each and every time.

It would be nice, if there were a "hidden" counter for those lockboxes, and after a certain amount of HAMSTER you would receive something good at last... but that is not the case.
    Want to know why?
  • balorinbalorin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
    Only one way to fix that problem, give some interesting rewards for the collection system and people won't complain about old, out of date or useless items-mounts or other things in the future.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Useless?

Hrmm...

I press "7". My bear appears. I press "W" or "T".

I move forward.

Beats the hell out of walking everywhere.

I wouldn't say "useless"....
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    balorin said:

Only one way to fix that problem, give some interesting rewards for the collection system and people won't complain about old, out of date or useless items-mounts or other things in the future.

I agree that'd be a huge help. Training manuals to raise anything to max would help too.
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    regenerde said:

The chance is 1% with every lockbox, it doesn't matter how many lockboxes you open, your chance doesn't increase magically, it stays the same 1% each and every time.

It would be nice, if there were a "hidden" counter for those lockboxes, and after a certain amount of HAMSTER you would receive something good at last... but that is not the case.

Not sure where you got 1%. here are some actual stats from older boxes.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/RNG_Tests#Unearthed_Lockbox

People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
    edited September 2015
    rversant said:

regenerde said:

Not sure where you got 1%. here are some actual stats from older boxes.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/RNG_Tests#Unearthed_Lockbox
    This was about a new item, that would allow you to upgrade your epic mount... just saying that if the Devs decide to create such an item, it will only be available from a lockbox with a low droprate (= 1%).

But looking at the charts, 0.10% might be more fitting for it.
    Want to know why?