test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Creating a better, stronger Neverwinter community

Below is some feedback to the community, moderators, and developers to create a better, stronger community

LESS CENSORSHIP BY THE MODERATORS

I am absolutely appalled by the level of outright censorship going on here. This community is mostly based players who believe in the western ideal of free speech, and I am astounded by the fact that the moderators and game developers delete posts as opposed to locking the thread as most other game community moderators do. I agree that discussions should be moderated, but even I have had posts with constructive feedback / questions wiped out here I had absolutely no ill will or intent. (See post regarding seeing orange BoE artifacts showing up in the auction house; hint....there is NO LOCKBOX CURRENTLY IN GAME THAT GIVES THESE ITEMS).

The community has a voice, we spend money on your product, and we will spend even more money on your product if you respect our views and feedback. If something is broken, we should have the power to say so as it impacts our experience which ultimately will impact YOUR BOTTOM LINE. The community only wishes to make the game an enjoyable experience, most people understand that cryptic is a business and needs to make a profit. We want to spend money on your product. Try listening; you might be amazed at how much more moeny you make.

We should not be censored for our views. Lock the thread if need be, and let it die a slow death to the bottom of the board. But deleting posts and acting like what was stated didn't happen is the equivelent of people trying to change statements about history in a histroy book.

Moderators need to read 1984 as this is a major Orwellian behavior...

MORE FACT BASED CONTRIBUTIONS BY THE COMMUNITY

It is amazing how many prople here post information that is pure speculation and conjecture, with no testing, Please be able to distinguish between woshful thinking and fact. Also, just because you read it on the "internets" doesn't make it true.

Plz back up your information with quantitative information, and if it's speculation use phrases like "my opinion is," or "i believe it works like."

THE GOLDEN RULE - Do unto others as you would have others do unto you

Seriously, there is a sizable population in Neverwinter that needs to friggin' grow up. Amazingly, these people are also older than 20 years old which shows how pathetic they are. I'm guessing they can't get anywhere in the real world so they take their <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> attitude and apply it here where there are no "real world" repercussions.

Our guild rule is, boot and loot people from giulds who are known boot and looters. We know who you are, we don't go into dungeons with less than 3, and if you end up in our group and associate with guilds that do we will treat you as your guild treats others.

This is a universal concept for most human beings in the world; sad that it needs to be stated here.

/drops the mic

Comments

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Do you feel better now?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • stercesderisedstercesderised Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Yeah, totally therapeutic. The censorship here really is on a level I have never seen before..
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User

Below is some feedback to the community, moderators, and developers to create a better, stronger community

Our guild rule is, boot and loot people from giulds who are known boot and looters. We know who you are, we don't go into dungeons with less than 3, and if you end up in our group and associate with guilds that do we will treat you as your guild treats others.

This is a universal concept for most human beings in the world; sad that it needs to be stated here.

/drops the mic

Pray tell my good sir, what might the name of your illustrious guild be?
  • fatpobfatpob Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    by doing this

Do unto others as you would have others do unto you

you are simply propagating the problem, surely you must see this.

If you really want others to respect your stance, not booting and looting must be your Golden Rule....
  • masterwolf56masterwolf56 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    The response I get from other PUG players is... Everyone else is doing it. I don't tolerate boot and loot at all in my guild. I will kick people who participate in this behavior when I find out about it. It's a shame that boot and loot is the norm. It's also a shame when a few bad apples tarnish the name of a guild. If you see Universe players, know that we don't boot and loot and if they do just message me and I'll take care of it.
  • stercesderisedstercesderised Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    fatpob said:

by doing this

Do unto others as you would have others do unto you

you are simply propagating the problem, surely you must see this.

If you really want others to respect your stance, not booting and looting must be your Golden Rule....
    I'm fulling the "as others would do unto you" part. Its a response, much like a NATO nation responding to an attack. I believe in the ability to defend oneself through response, and see nothing wrong with this.

@masterwolf56 only had positive experiences with Universe so far.

@mightyeriksson Legacy
  • mikeyfliesmikeyflies Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" does not mean the same as "do unto others as they have done unto you (and others)". There is no expectation that others *will* do unto you just that you should be modelling the desired behavior. This is not a contract that has repercussions if the other party violates it but rather a way to lead by example imho. To claim you don't boot and loot you must not engage in the behavior or the claim is invalid.

With that somewhat minor quibble out of the way I fully agree with everything else you have said :)
  • b0redgamerb0redgamer Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Anyone defending "sniping" or "boot n loot" is part of the problem which will be resolved come Sept. 8th. Enjoy it while you can.

Also, this is not a "corporation" it is a gaming community, games are here to enjoy. People have forgotten the fundamental reason games were created, to have fun with friends playing a game.
    Signature under construction, stay tuned.
    GT: b0red gamer
  • blindmonkeyzblindmonkeyz Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    The ones that complain are the ones that cant buy their gear off the AH from drops others get. Its better to have everything waiting at the end. Forces everyone to do dungeon runs. Forces everyone to actually learn how to play their character for once. Instead of having a 18k player that plays like a 9k player. I cant wait for this to happen. Put an end to the boot n looters. They are just greedy players who are too lazy to grind to get things on their own.

Its sad there will always be complainers and whiners. Its the nature of it all. The true D&D gamers wont be complaining. They will be excited and thrive on the new update on Sept 8 regardless of what they do to our characters, dungeons and artifacts.

Making posts about boot n loot, and other whining and complaining just draws out the drama. People here create the drama, cause they enjoy it. Then they tell the Moderators to stop censoring things. Why should they stop? They are doing their job. They are here for us. I have been a Moderator before on a different MMORPG years ago. I have nothing but respect for this team. I think they are doing a great job. They do this, they play the game, they have their own personal lives, a real job outside of this. If everyone kept the whining and crying to themselves that would be great, but then thats like telling a baby that he/she cant cry. But the experienced players and the mature players can help out, by not adding to the drama, by assisting people as best as possible. Moderators arent here on the forum 24/7. I have seen quite a few people step up already. Its nice to see people in a community like that. We need more.

Lets all have fun and enjoy this great game they have given us.
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance
    Reagents of Death - Leader
    CW - Phoenix lvl 70 4034 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 4012 (Main)
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 4010 (Main)
    SW - Zor lvl 70 3230 (Main)
    OP - Box lvl 70 3002 (Retired)

PS4
    Look Good Play Good
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 3875 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 2669 (Alt)

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    lol I'd call that a good reason - self defence!
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
This discussion has been closed.