test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Did servers just die?

Comments

• Options
    gphxgphxgphxgphx Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    This one is from way before even my time but if we're going to have a sing along while the server is down...

"Yes, we have no more server
    We have-no more server today
    We've string beans, and onions
    Cabashes, and scallions,
    And all sorts of fruit and say
    We have an old fashioned tomato
    A Long Island potato
    But yes, we have no more server
    We have no more server today

Yes, we have no more server
    We have no more server today
    Just try those coconuts
    Those walnuts and doughnuts
    There ain't many nuts like they
    We'll sell you two kinds of red herring,
    Dark brown, and ball-bearing
    But yes, we have no more server
    We have no more server today"

• Options
    dkheldardkheldar Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I was going to quote a post asking for EU servers... but I can´t find it now (I read it 5 minutes ago). Is it there? Well, +100 for that. There is no problem when we pay early in the morning (in California). But we have all those maintenance hours we loose. Well guys, no problem with that, but... if you say it´s early in the morning in California (so we have to wait), you should not delete a post talking about something a lot of people would like to see. It´s not early in the morning here, you know, it´s 17:30.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Update: They are still working on getting the server up, should not be too much longer. Thank you for your patience.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I agree with you 100%.

But I can understand why people might be frustrated that the server has been down for so much during this 2x runestone/enchants weekend.

Since there wasn't anyone on-site, I imagine this is a case of "doodoo occurs" (ie. not a planned outage). And that's exactly it. Servers go down. Things happen. We are, after all, talking about computers here.

On the other hand, the patch on Thursday fixed a TON of issues. Bravo to the dev team for that.

And 2x enchants being "interrupted". You know as well as I do that if enough people scream about being so sorely "inconvenienced" or "cheated" that they will extend the 2x another day. Or, if not, whatever. A few hours isn't going to kill anyone.

header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    godanukisgodanukis Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Fuyukai desu, i was about to win a 3v5 pvp match and suddenly server goes down im.... i-i-i-m so salty right now...
    Fuyukai Desu
    tumblr_inline_mkq9inGTYD1ranf0x.jpg
  • Options
    theodale169theodale169 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
  • Options
    archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    Yup. Even if they know exactly which one(s) of the dozens or hundreds of physical servers to reboot, it takes longer than 20 minutes for a server to restart. It might take 10 minutes or more just to shutdown properly.​​[/quote]
    well you can subtract 10 mins from that because its already down but i suspect its a software issue which will mean they need to work out new coding for last patch on the fly, cause preveiw server champions and startrek are all still up

• Options
    kreatyve wrote: »
    Update: They are still working on getting the server up, should not be too much longer. Thank you for your patience.

Sweet. Thanks, @kreatyve.
    header.png
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    dkheldar wrote: »
    I was going to quote a post asking for EU servers... but I can´t find it now (I read it 5 minutes ago). Is it there? Well, +100 for that. There is no problem when we pay early in the morning (in California). But we have all those maintenance hours we loose. Well guys, no problem with that, but... if you say it´s early in the morning in California (so we have to wait), you should not delete a post talking about something a lot of people would like to see. It´s not early in the morning here, you know, it´s 17:30.

The European team is working on it, they are all awake and giving me updates. However, they are all posting on the forums of their given languages and not on the English forums.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    bobby4700bobby4700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I'M thinking X2 refine rest of the weekend should suffice.
  • Options
    mr5oulbhmr5oulbh Member Posts: 5 New User
    Server down on Saturday!!!! :s
  • Options
    banzaikittenbanzaikitten Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 220 Arc User
    imho i think boo was having fun with misses boo in the server room.
  • Options
    Well atleast we have the esl_csgo finals going on so we are not going to die of boredom until the servers come back(tomorrow) (imsosalty)
    Fuyukai Desu
  • Options
    bobby4700bobby4700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 179 Arc User
    Says gateway is under going maintnace now earlier it was blank
  • Options
    daohordaohor Member Posts: 4 Arc User

Do you think that will end up in the giving birth to Boolians then? ;)
  • Options
    killergilnyc1killergilnyc1 Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    darn and i planned to play for the measly two hours I had to play before I go to work QjQ
  • Options
    fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    daohor wrote: »

Boolians lMFAO
  • Options
    shamikchand8235shamikchand8235 Member Posts: 3 Arc User

True
  • Options

Boolians kek
    Fuyukai Desu
  • Options
    ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    Hope zen transfer still working...
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• Options
    dragonspirit1969dragonspirit1969 Member Posts: 4 Arc User

fatguns wrote: »

Boolians lMFAO

It is a matter of time before this game dies all together.. is it time to find a new game to play?? LOL Maybe Boo had to much to drink last night.. seriously though it looks like the server itself needs some beefing up.. there is so much game lag and server issues that it warrants some hefty hardware upgrades.. with all the money we throw at them, they can surly afford it...
  • Options
    Hope zen transfer still working...

I would recommend against trying that at the moment. Not sure if it will work or not.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    but its true most of the people in my guild are from europe and i play from australia and internet bandwidth is cheaper in europe then america last i looked if you put a server some were like holland its cheaper then anywere apart from like korea.
    on the other hand europe has much different laws on what can be in a game(ie gambling/lock boxes) and were tax is payed so it may be impossible to host game in europe with its lockboxes without paying gambling tax or something.
    im not stupid enuff to ask for australian servers as bandwidth costs more here then pretty much any were else in world :P but europe is cheap
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    slicey970x wrote: »
    amazing that they dont even bother mentioning it on social media or on the forums

The North American community staff are off on Saturdays and still likely sleeping as it is 9 AM on the west coast. The European Staff has been busy keeping people updated in their respective forums and media outlets.

And as for the forums, look at all of the effort kreatyve has put into keeping things updated here...
  • Options
    alaskaalaska Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    Yup. Even if they know exactly which one(s) of the dozens or hundreds of physical servers to reboot, it takes longer than 20 minutes for a server to restart. It might take 10 minutes or more just to shutdown properly.​​
    well you can subtract 10 mins from that because its already down but i suspect its a software issue which will mean they need to work out new coding for last patch on the fly, cause preveiw server champions and startrek are all still up

[/quote]

Actually thats not how it works. A typical server farm has a central pain of glass if you will that shows all servers status. Now I don't know how Cryptic is setup so i cant speak to the level of access they might have but i can surmise or guess that they have virtual servers that are hosted say at someplace like google or amazon. The System admins login to a central console and can quickly see what servers are up or down. Granted this doesnt mean you can quickly bring them backup because the server could have crashed for any number of reasons. I would also bet they have alerting setup to let them know when a server crashes. Again this doesnt mean they can immediately bring it back up. Just that they know alot more quickly that its down. And sadly in the world of IT more often than not, the end user knows before the admin that something is broke.

I would really like to know what O.S. the system runs on and what hypervisor it sits on.
  • Options
    darksheeredarksheere Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I wish the login screen of the application had a server list, with a up or down status that you could refresh with a button.
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    NWO team just can not catch a damn break...
    I feel ya. I went almost 3 months w/o a full day off after a disastrous hardware&software upgrade.
    At-least they didn't go down at 3am like our servers like to.

Good luck, fellas.
  • Options
    revan06100 wrote: »
    I'm just saying when a company reach a sufficient amount of players, a team should be available to handle any issues 24/7, especially when its international.

And they're currently handling it.

header.png
This discussion has been closed.