test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• tryskelltryskell Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Both bards and druids would be good addition.

Bards would be charming/illusion based class (create clone of himself, charm monster, daze). He will have inspiration auras as passive (similar to paladins, but paladins one should be reworked and nerfed notably the IDIOTIC HIGH DAMAGE COURAGE ONE). The feats tree would be based on Illusion, Charm and Buffs.

Druids would be bound to Elements, they could create stoneskin, call thunder, root targets, create a wall of air making targetting impossible : whatever based on water, earth and air (NOT FIRE). One path would be pet based, with the possibility of different pets for different uses (spider which can see invisible on a bigger radius and root, bear which stun and taunt, puma for the dps) , the other would be elemental (focus on elemental spells). The feats tree would be based on Elemental, Pets and eventually Restoration/Regeneration.

GWF and GF classes should be merged together, with one path being 2h swords and the other path being shield+one handed. Currently 2 of 4 paths are redundant to each other (with even SHARED skills, which is the signal you don't even have a idea about what you do)

Consider to rework Regeneration to work on combat (rate 1 tick / 10sec on combat, 1 / 5 sec off combat). Atm it's the most useless stat ever.

Consider to rework Life Steal to properly work with Warlocks (see my other topic).

Consider to nerf TR... Taking 50k damages with a pvp set on lvl 66 instantly killing my GWK is just plain trash. And launching a skill should end the cloak, obviously (until you use a specific path, like shadow, which would DECREASE your DPS).

Would you mind to recruit me to tweak your classes for PvP, Cryptic ? :P
  • virizielviriziel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    IMO I agree with tryskell, the classes that were alike and could be subclasses should be merged. That will open more options for the players. For example, I love Two weapon fight, but i dont want to be a range or a rogue to do that. Why the hell, a fighter, who are a master of arms, has to be bound to use or GreatSwords or Sword and shield. That's a waste, where are the axes,morningstars, flais, two weapon fighting style, halberds,spears. The game are func but is too damn limiting...
  • zak3056zak3056 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    I voted bard, but I'm afraid that if I get my wish, my guild will kick me. When I tabletop my bards, I sing... poorly. I don't think anyone can take it in NW.
  • razalkunnrazalkunn Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    Hmm the merged GWF and S&S could be a Samurai class.
  • novo68novo68 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    If your going to do a class of magic it should be a shaman or a mage that uses fire and lightning.
    Ooh Elemental enchanter. Is a must for dungions
  • thegreatmikeythegreatmikey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    Avenger. 4th edition big weapon, no armour religious executioners (striker role).
  • abjorn85abjorn85 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Druid seems to be the next logical choice, especially after Elemental Evil. It would likely be a class that used the Nature skill freely and has some healing/buffing abilities. Of course, it should not outshine the cleric in these respects. Being able to summon animal allies would be a nice feature.
  • guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    MONK... cause everyone wants to be RYU right...and from the BUSSINESS perspective it will bring back a lot of POTENTIAL GAMERS BACK just to test this NEW CLASS... imagine one MONK doing some FLAMING UPPERCUT ;)
    you gotta love it!!!!
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    If we get Barbarians Heroarm is a must ii wanna dual wield greatswords. Oh and toss in a chainmail bikini / bananahamock too.
  • newtype77newtype77 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    A new class that can cast "true seeing" for the whole team, so everyone in the team can see invisible enemies. Sry rogues.. invisible just very very unfair in pvp... :p
  • isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    Do we really honestly "NEED" a druid? What would it bring to the table? Some dps with some buffs here and there. Is that it? To me, no not very useful at all. We need is a true class meant for buffs and debuffs, which can be any class that is good with such thing. "Bard" would be of course the best option for this. What WE need in neverwinter is no more dps/tanks/Healers, but a true buffer/debuffer.(Would make tiamat a much more grander and easier time as well)
    This is my opinion. We need a true buffer, as NW does not have one at this time.

(However I would totally not mind having a Warlord :smile: )
  • finksteriusfinksterius Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    The game needs a druid. Bard later perhaps, but druid should be next. There are more than enough melee brawlers (two warrior types for crying out loud). The druid, whether it be a potential dps/healer/tank combo I don't know, but shapeshifter would be awesome and very welcome. Druids can do a lot, so a mix of abilities with a single shapeshift ability would be cool as well.
  • lollernoob1000lollernoob1000 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    It will be harder to add a unique class until more possible variables are added to combat, which is what mmos are basically made of, unless you rp. I would like to see them try fixing the current classes, mebbe adding more skills, and trying bard or monk or such. I know they are a small company, I hope they get one or two more experienced programmers tho.
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Druids to me don't make any sense with this new Drow/Demonic mod coming around. Now someone actually put up a post (I can't find it now with all of the mountains of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> threads stacked on top of each other on this forum.), but it gave a nice list of missing classes and what we could possibly see in the future.

It would be nice if they made a concise list of classes that have a strong possibility of actually being seen in game instead of a damn "who wants to vote on this class thread." (which are always created by the "green geared moderators."

<Mod Note: Removed some comments - Read the Rules Please. ~Zeb>
    Post edited by zebular on
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    gomok72 wrote: »
    Druids to me don't make any sense with this new Drow/Demonic mod coming around. Now someone actually put up a post (I can't find it now with all of the mountains of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> threads stacked on top of each other on this forum.), but it gave a nice list of missing classes and what we could possibly see in the future.

It would be nice if they made a concise list of classes that have a strong possibility of actually being seen in game instead of a damn "who wants to vote on this class thread." (which are always created by the "green geared moderators.".

If you read the OP of each of these threads (the Spoiler section), you'll see where I stated that they asked me to stick to 5th edition choices, so that should give you some indication to your pondering. The choices aren't just blindly drawn on whim and whimsy. Furthermore, "green geared moderators" are in constant contact with at least two PWE Staff Members, our Community Manager and Communications Manager.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    gomok72 wrote: »

It would be nice if they made a concise list of classes that have a strong possibility of actually being seen in game instead of a damn "who wants to vote on this class thread." (which are always created by the "green geared moderators."

<Mod Note: Removed some comments - Read the Rules Please. ~Zeb>

While I have my own theory regarding classes having some association to the various modules that come out, you really need to look at them as separate additions, which are not concerned with the theme of the module that they are released with. There is probably some form of datamining or other such analyses done by the devs/Cryptic/PWE, which determines which classes will be the most profitable, and which can be done in the allotted time. Additionally, there's the matter of what roles within the game need the most attention - one need only see how it's tanks & healers that are always in demand, while DPS classes are a dime a dozen... Something like a druid could be yet another option for healing/support, which I feel this game needs, (my personal opinion is that a "healadin" simply lacks the tools that a DC can bring to a party).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • justinstuffjustinstuff Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    would like to see a psi clas, mechanics are already in game for the most part
  • reynardmyboyreynardmyboy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    a class with barehand or kick animation is rare
  • hugo790emeraldhugo790emerald Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited August 2015
    Well something that has never been done in a big mmo maybe but exists in japanese lore (Not monk). So yeah, well its gonna sound crazy maybe, it is not supposed to be a class stronger than any else but, it would have certain aspects.So..
    Shinobi.
    There is the tactictian type based around physical combat using chakra. The spellcasting type (Which would not at all be like a wizard of any sort) They would many extra feat trees and direction of what aspect you go into with powers. One would also be a healing type of sorts fighter. I think you could make something interesting out of it. But it would probably need full attention of a team for a whole year of planning, if there are dedicated fans im sure it could happen.

Though its important no japanese gets to know as they would swarm this game and all play same class :D
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    These appear to be the main PHB classes for 4th Edition (* means we already have this class):

Player's Handbook Classes
    Class Power Source Role
    Cleric Divine Leader *
    Fighter Martial Defender *
    Paladin Divine Defender *
    Ranger Martial Striker *
    Rogue Martial Striker *
    Warlock Arcane Striker *
    Warlord Martial Leader
    Wizard Arcane Controller*

Player's Handbook 2 Classes
    Class Power Source Role
    Avenger Divine Striker
    Barbarian Primal Striker
    Bard Arcane Leader
    Druid Primal Controller
    Invoker Divine Controller
    Shaman Primal Leader
    Sorcerer Arcane Striker
    Warden Primal Defender

Player's Handbook 3 Classes
    Class Power Source Role
    Ardent Psionic Leader
    Battlemind Psionic Defender
    Monk Psionic Striker
    Psion Psionic Controller
    Runepriest Divine Leader
    Seeker Primal Controller
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • blamecharlesblamecharles Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    Don't know the classes available in the pen and paper versions of D&D but i would personally like to see and evoker/summoner/necromancer class. Could be very interesting to say the least.
  • nimandiirnimandiir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    Druid for sure, although Bard would be cool too.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    dont merge GWF and GF, both are not same fighter class.
    GF is a tank, and GWF were meant for handling mobs with more AoE skills.

what other classes not on list, but "classic" editions, that i like to see new mastery templates.
    weapon master (daul-wield heavy swords/weapons).
    red dragon disciple (upgraded monk templates)
    dragoon (lancer class) with spear/pike mastery, with jump mastery.
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    Oh God, not a bard. I hate bards.
    I still have flashbacks of how crappy Deekin was in the Neverwinter Nights franchise.
    Spamming Sonic blast for 6dmg every round.

Bards are jack of all trades, and this game demands the holy trinity again of tank, healer, cc, dps, etc..

Great Weapon Fighter already fills the Barbarian role with the berserk unstoppable feat. (I know it's broken because I have one)

A druid will probably spam pets and lag us out worse then prism in epic areas.
    They did have amazing CC though. Might be interesting. Only 1 pet though please. We got enough lag.

I don't see a monk working in this game. They don't need gear, and this game is 99.99% grinding for gear.

Sorcerer would be interesting, but bringing out the Warlock made this class less important.

A dual wield fighter like a Kensai (sp?) would be awesome, but the post mod 6 difficulty would eat them alive.
    And TRs and HR can dual wield already.

From the list, I'd pick Druid. We need CC and Control Wizards still think it's mod 4 and go full DPS instead of controlling and it's wipe-city. HRs got the memo about needed CC more then ever.

I've not been involved with real D&D in an age. But an out of the blue class like a alchemist tossing flaming pots or giving random buffs would be pretty cool.

I really liked the arcane archer prestige class. We got stabbers, bashers, pokers, casters.
    Another bow class would be cool. Druid would be a 3rd shield class. Already done. Druid and Paladin are closely related.

• redlbirdkspredlbirdksp Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    sorry i dont know which class would be a greatsword duel weiding class, but that what i want in the game. spear using class would also be nice
  • inyawayupdeepinyawayupdeep Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 206 Arc User
    Cavalier...
    Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die.
    Not quite a TR, Not quite a GWF but kind swashbuckling hybrid, using rapier or cutlass or scimitar instead of daggers or great sword.