test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

is upgrading Companion to legendary worth it? my opinion is nope.

killergilnyc1killergilnyc1 Member Posts: 175 Arc User
Well when you click the upgrade button for a costly 1million AD, it says that:

"A companions rank is a factor in its ratings, power, runestone slots, item slots and skins available."

Sooooo.... I did it on a companion and it is in no way worth it. Can we please get some kind of upgrades to companions?

I got zero new skin. (What I wanted most... to show that it is legendary while another is not)

Same item slots.

Same runestone slots.

Only thing that changed was the "legendary buff" my character gets.

Also, it took me literally 2 hours to get my pet from 35-40 so when I went to bed, I clicked "begin training".

This post is for either people to agree, disagree, mods to read and buff legendary pets (skins at least), or players thinking about wasting 1million AD on this to have a second thought before doing so.

Comments

• charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    You got the buff and more stats. It's a major ad sink, but it's suppossed to be. If they had added more slots etc it would have been required rather than an optional sink. It's a good thing it's not more powerful.
  • wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I got zero new skin. (What I wanted most... to show that it is legendary while another is not)

You have a legendary companion buff on yourself so everybody can see you have a legendary companion.

And the +15% bonus companion statistic is what makes it worth if you have geared companion. For example companion that wears SCA gear + rank 7s in it + 3 x lesser bonding runestone has ~9000 stats total. 15% of that is 1350 for 1kk AD, which, after reaching certain level, becomes very cost effective way of reaching additional boost. For example upgrading enchantment from rank 7 to rank 8 gives you additional 50 stats and costs ~160k (judging from AH prices). So for 1kk AD you would get 312 stat points. 312 vs 1350 - thats a lot.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    As @arcofortep12 stated you only need to upgrade one companion to legendary and it would likely be your Ioun Stone if you have one. The extra 15% boost in stats you get at legendary is nothing to sniff at.

Having said that, I don't yet have that extra one million AD lying around to upgrade mine. I'm still working on getting my other companions to epic first.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    That 1 million to upgrade for the +15% stat boost is far cheaper at mid to high levels of gear than most other stat gains.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    lirithiel wrote: »
    As @arcofortep12 stated you only need to upgrade one companion to legendary and it would likely be your Ioun Stone if you have one. The extra 15% boost in stats you get at legendary is nothing to sniff at.

Having said that, I don't yet have that extra one million AD lying around to upgrade mine. I'm still working on getting my other companions to epic first.

Does the buff do anything to augments? I just came back and when I left the buff didn't effect augments on the ptr.

• wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    charononus wrote: »
    lirithiel wrote: »

Does the buff do anything to augments? I just came back and when I left the buff didn't effect augments on the ptr.

It does give you additional 15% stats in addition to everything augment gives you
  • dwarf75dwarf75 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    i used to think the same way with you then i have upgraded it and now i don't regret just the extra 600 power (with %15 extra bonus) i got makes it well deserved. u can't get those extra stats for 1 m from anywhere.
  • myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    Disagree strongly. Raised my main DC's Man-at-arms and Ioun Stone both to legendary and I can't argue with the results. I don't bother with the math, I just know I'm improved dramatically for having that little blue stone orbiting my head...and in Level 70 encounters all over, Jack, my very first companion in the game, gives me two powerful advantages: He DOES NOT DIE, and he generates a metric ton of threat. In single-creature Stronghold encounters (cyclops, for example) the thing doesn't even GLANCE in my direction: It just keeps pounding on Jack, and Jack just keeps raising his shield and taking little or no damage.
  • gphxgphxgphxgphx Member Posts: 184 Arc User

If what you wanted most out of the upgrade was a new, shinier skin and not improved stats it's probably pointless to discuss or argue with you about anything.

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    Upgrade my BDIS. this is probably the cheapest upgrade pound to pound.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • knoebelsknoebels Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    I upgraded my BDIS and didn't get the 15% legendary bonus!!! I had to upgrade another active companion and have my stone summoned in order to get the 15% bonus from the stone, so it cost me 2m. Did I do something wrong or is that what you have to do?. (I tried several options on the preview server and this was the only way to get it to work).
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    knoebels wrote: »
    I upgraded my BDIS and didn't get the 15% legendary bonus!!! I had to upgrade another active companion and have my stone summoned in order to get the 15% bonus from the stone, so it cost me 2m. Did I do something wrong or is that what you have to do?. (I tried several options on the preview server and this was the only way to get it to work).

There was a guy in another thread that only got the bonus when it was in his first active companion slot and he had to summon/dismiss it every time he changed maps to get the bonus.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • dwarf75dwarf75 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    knoebels wrote: »
    yes i had the same problem and thx to kreatyve suggested me to move it to the 1. slot and it worked

• knoebelsknoebels Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Ok thanks I'll try that next time i log in