test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A letter regarding the current state of Neverwinter from a player's side.

2»

Comments

• twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    xguild wrote: »
    As far as MMO's go, to my knowledge Neverwinter is one of the finest example of a modern MMO done right. It has tons of content, different ways to advance, plenty of "side stuff", PvP, plenty of options and choices to make and now they have begun focusing on guild based content which is great.

Now when it comes to bugs, you have to understand and make peace with the fact that all MMO's will enevitably have bugs, often game breaking, very destructive bugs and this is normal.
    I've been playing MMOs since before they were thing, and your knowledge is flawed. NWO has a great underlying concept and combat mechanic but pretty much everything after Mod 3 has been deeply flawed and badly implemented.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    xguild wrote: »
    As far as MMO's go, to my knowledge Neverwinter is one of the finest example of a modern MMO done right. It has tons of content, different ways to advance, plenty of "side stuff", PvP, plenty of options and choices to make and now they have begun focusing on guild based content which is great.

Now when it comes to bugs, you have to understand and make peace with the fact that all MMO's will enevitably have bugs, often game breaking, very destructive bugs and this is normal.
    I've been playing MMOs since before they were thing, and your knowledge is flawed. NWO has a great underlying concept and combat mechanic but pretty much everything after Mod 3 has been deeply flawed and badly implemented.

I wouldn't say everything but I think I could point out major problems of every release.

• crypticnotioncrypticnotion Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 45 Arc User
    I have come to the conclusion that this game is almost dead, in the last of it's death throws it has all but killed most of its player base that would played the game forever if given the chance. They have misused and abused this loyal players trying to grab more money and have destroyed the game in the process and lost an ever increasing amount of players. Strongholds is just one last play for your money before they shut it down. I am not investing in a lost cause. I am one who would have played the game forever......but there is a limit to what you can take and that applies to everyone. Sooner or later we all have to move on. Kicking the horse for the 10,000 time you suddenly realize it is dead.
  • herpnderp2herpnderp2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 74 Arc User
    Most people already quit, just look at steam game statistics for game population, since elemental evil the game has lost around 40% of players.
    Month Avg. Players Gain % Gain
    Last 30 Days 2,402.9 +90.7 +3.92%
    July 2015 2,312.2 -245.1 -9.59%
    June 2015 2,557.4 -348.4 -11.99%
    May 2015 2,905.7 -786.7 -21.31%
    April 2015 3,692.4 +392.8 +11.91%
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    I have come to the conclusion that this game is almost dead, in the last of it's death throws it has all but killed most of its player base that would played the game forever if given the chance. They have misused and abused this loyal players trying to grab more money and have destroyed the game in the process and lost an ever increasing amount of players. Strongholds is just one last play for your money before they shut it down. I am not investing in a lost cause. I am one who would have played the game forever......but there is a limit to what you can take and that applies to everyone. Sooner or later we all have to move on. Kicking the horse for the 10,000 time you suddenly realize it is dead.

I cannot see the game recovering. That's not saying that I hope it doesn't, quite the opposite. The core game has really good features, but these have been drowned out by all the recent truly awful decisions by the development team.

To make matters worse, there are a number of upcoming competitor game launches / game expansions which will surely result in a further deterioration of the player population.

I hope for a turnaround - I cannot see it happening.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    I've been in their shoes; Supporting a large player-base platform with a shoe-string resource pool.
    Oh the horror stories I got. Sleeping 10 hours in 7 days because a tiny 1 line bug was crashing 16 node database clusters.
    I like the game, but it's still just a game. I don't go to sleep at night mumbling F'en dev's nerfed my pvp crit.

Bottom line, I don't think the release rate vs (bugs+player satisfaction) is sustainable.
    D&D Online doesn't release WotC content as fast as NWO. Not sure why NWO has to.
    Can't even imagine what their bugs backlog looks like.