test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Strongholds

nerkinanerkina Member Posts: 16 Arc User
I'm extremely disappointed with strongholds, PVP Qs are bugged, dungeons are bugged. No new dungeons, strongholds are boooorrrring. IMO a huge waste of time....

Comments

• theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    Strongholds was the mod that the devs wanted us to have, not the mod that we wanted to have.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    I wish they had at least threw in a few bug fixes to ease the pain...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    I really don't see the problem... really

I saw the issues in Mod6

Urlord
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Well, everyone has a right to THEIR OWN opinion, mine, as my entire Guild of 70+ players all LOVE it. Yes, there are/were some Temperary bugs as is the case with EVERY Mod ever rolled out. This Mod is anything BUT boring to us, we have a few Whales/BiS players along with some average part time players, and we can all find something to really like about Strongholds.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I am in a very small guild and I have to say other than the impossible dragons the stronghold has helped the guild a lot people are more social,we have more members and in general the stronghold map helps lower level players level(LVL70's go with them in hunt for HE).

I feel Stronghold will be a success. I can't talk about the Pvp since I hate MOBA(imo the reason so few RTS games are around these days) and will be bias about it, however I will give it a try and maybe it will impress me as much as Strongholds have impressed me so far.

Well done to the Neverwinter team
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,374 Arc User
    I now can do more dungeon than in the past 1.5 years. I was not able to get into most dungeon in the past for a few reasons. My character was not good enough. I did not participate in a guild. Joining the queue usually result 3 things: 1. waited forever. 2. we failed badly. 3. I was dropped in the end game of the dungeon. In addition, did I have to do that at all? Since it was hard to get into a party to enjoy the journey, I did not push myself to do that.

Now, since everybody are supposed to do different dungeon to finish off the Stronghold quests. Getting into a party is way a lot easier. Sync with guild mate is a blast. They teach me too.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • starrlight9starrlight9 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    A am having a major issue with strong hold right now. I have a quest to complete "temple of the spider" yet temple of the spider is not available for que. Our guild is VERY small, bugged quests like these only hinder us instead of helping.
    twitch: Lady_Starrlight
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,374 Arc User
    A am having a major issue with strong hold right now. I have a quest to complete "temple of the spider" yet temple of the spider is not available for que. Our guild is VERY small, bugged quests like these only hinder us instead of helping.

Do you mean "Epic Temple of the spider" or "Temple of Spider"? The stronghold quest I got was the Epic one.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • bigredbrentbigredbrent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 155 Arc User
    I hate what this mod is doing to guilds. It isn't just the solo players being forced out. The small guilds are being forced out as well. Even moderately sized guilds are suffering. This mod was for the very large guilds filled with mostly active players. Unfortunately I am not in one of those. I am in a very nice guild with very nice players, but not enough players for this mod to be very effective. Leaving my guild will be like leaving a family, and this mod is trying its best to split us up.
  • zeroxiczeroxic Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I hate what this mod is doing to guilds. It isn't just the solo players being forced out. The small guilds are being forced out as well. Even moderately sized guilds are suffering. This mod was for the very large guilds filled with mostly active players. Unfortunately I am not in one of those. I am in a very nice guild with very nice players, but not enough players for this mod to be very effective. Leaving my guild will be like leaving a family, and this mod is trying its best to split us up.

...has alrdy happened to my 'family'
    the numbers are simply too high for casuals - STO all over again only faster
    i rly wanted this game to succeed and had high hopes
    but since the decision has been made for me - good luck to all of you...
  • daalydaaly Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    see I told you guys many many times REDUCE AMOUNT OF STUFF NEEDED FOR UPGRADES.......BUT>>>NOOOOO,
    Now u got people mad cause, you didn't listen well enough to you customers who where testing this for entire month on test and I said many times To reduce the amount needed for coffers now u got people hollering this is boring...............SO LISTEN AND MAKE FURHTER ADJUSTMENTS SO THIS <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> WONT TAKE SO LONG
    Seriously which member of the dev staff had the mental brain <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to believe the amount of materials needed to build even the level 1 buildings across the board was correct? This is nothing more than a gateing mechanic to "slow" the advancement of guilds (primarily the large ones) which really isnt doing diddley squat when you sell stuff on the zen market. Sadly your missteps on required materials, donation to coffer amounts and a considerble lack of attention to bug fixes is killing your playerbase even faster and destroying small guilds as well...gotta give props to Doublea....what use is preview if you will not heed what your testers warn you about....this is neither the first time you let slip garbage and prob wont be the last....
  • benistvanbenistvan Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    mynaam wrote: »

I can't talk about the Pvp since I hate MOBA(imo the reason so few RTS games are around these days)

offtopic but man got the point!

• b3nstoneb3nstone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    Strongholds: Where single players go to die...
    Underdark: Exactly where their game will end up. Where the sun don't shine.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    devs, i am not happy with all those new packbag clutters, regarding with those "Vouchers", they are not tradeable items, not "useables" unless Spend for stronghold mimics, they are nothing more than having Devs' IOU notes and annoying, my personal undedrstanding that they should be considered as "Currencies", not as inventory items.

i dont like holding them for days until next Stronghold's "contructions" to get them removed from my bags!

oh by the way, i also didnt like being rip and cheated by having requirements for those stronghold box and need specific keys, and WE DONT NEED few more oddity Keys! these got to go ASAP! make them more accessable, the way i see, it is just another cash grab for excessive requirement keys, we are fighting with packbag inventory by deleting, dumping, and forced selling to vendor for a few golds or diamonds, and way too many unsalvagable "Companion Gears" from Gateway adventures flooding and new "Foods" filling up the bags, we need bigger bags, and newer bags are too expensive and very limited.

otherwise, many guilds will stop ringing the bells for dragons once those vouchers are no longer needed and take up bag slots and not rich enough for those new keys. these will be the most hated box in the game and cash grab bait.