test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Updates to Difficulty and Leveling Speed

Comments

• muratozkan17muratozkan17 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    It only took them 3 months to figure out mod 6 brought too much difficulty.

Is it?, No.

They just lower difficulty now because mod 6 is old and they want ppl to complete it.

Mod 7? there is nothing new in mod 7 for old players. Its was just reliesed to stall ppl until mod 8.

I wonder when they will fix influance.. probably when its too late

Anyways BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
  • archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    with sheild on tab and icy terrain a control wizard can be used to afk kill almost any content in game with how soft stuff hits now, sure its handy that your reducing the stupid choice to double everythings hps of a month or 2 back. mentioned then that it would make it pointless to have anything but dps classes for content, reducing the damage they deal even further is just nuts, im not sure who is almost being 1 shot by zombies because i can relyably take alphas on my CW and still take least damage on imovable object board.
    some of us actualy liked a challenge we played because we you couldnt just bind a keyboard to play for you. but you can now with a number of classes, with the initial 25% decrease it meant my 2.2k gwf can just hold down sure strike to clear any group she runs into in IWD unstopable and my high life steal+endless consuption is all i need to stay at max hps even with a few groups of trolls at once.
    what you guys should of done is attempt to teach the noobs that complain on forums how to play not made it so bots like winterbuddy can complete all content.
    the first stongholds to rank 5 at this rate will be bot guilds lol
  • eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    the first stongholds to rank 5 at this rate will be bot guilds lol

Lol. hadn't considered that...given the influence issue (large quantity required, and cooldown on drops), bots will definately be first.

If they could just trick the bots into artificially inflating prices in a feedback loop, then the bots buying VIP could support the game, and they wouldn't have to care about players leaving.
  • trekkiejedigirltrekkiejedigirl Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    YaY!, Hoorah!. Yippie!, Yes, happy days are here again folks. Being able to do most things solo was what made me fall in love with Neverwinter. To hear those days are returning is fabulous news indeed, glad I stuck it out with the game to see its return to glory!
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    If these changes are as good as they look, I just might be enticed to play this more.
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I'm not sure they realize how much they've damaged the game and their relationship with the community by taking this long.
    Even with sets of 8 vigilance quests, it's not gonna be an enjoyable experience, but at least now it goes away faster.
    Needless to say, I'm happy with these changes, and M7 looks enjoyable. I'm even thinking about buying 6 months of VIP now.
    Post edited by khimera906 on
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    The Damage resistance bug is still in the game but other than that the latest version of the game is highly playable again as a tank.
  • feralplatypusferalplatypus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    Just wanted to say - thanks a lot!
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    kitkathd wrote: »
    The Damage resistance bug is still in the game but other than that the latest version of the game is highly playable again as a tank.

Wait the changes aren't in effect yet, right?
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • dinalagossiondinalagossion Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    When will you fix the pray bug you introduced a couple weeks ago ? In fact, why not make it easier to pray and do professions instead of harder every time you change something. Something like one click professions and praying and/or options to get rid of all the pop ups that have to be clicked on. Thx
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    No they're not. I don't know how someone could believe that when there hast been any new patch.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • orangebangorangebang Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    slayertnt wrote: »
    stupid they increased the mob in all boss fights, like in dread spire the casket spawns a lot faster now and has a lot more adds another ninja patch this game is a joke

Frankly I prefer the challenge. It's kinda of like Valindra, take her down quick before you get overwhelmed, I'm gonna go do a DS right now. You can't expect to have everything done for you and you cakewalk all the way to 70 do you? I think those encounters were meant for parties, it's not solo content.

When will you fix the pray bug you introduced a couple weeks ago ?

Never. Randomized behavior is a primary defense against botting in the game. Same reason CTRL+F is now nondeterministic.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    eldeskal wrote: »
    When will you fix the pray bug you introduced a couple weeks ago ?

Never. Randomized behavior is a primary defense against botting in the game. Same reason CTRL+F is now nondeterministic.
    Yeah, since that is so hard to overcome for bots...
    + log in
    + pray
    + wait 10-30s
    + pray again
    + move on to the next character
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    regenerde wrote: »
    Yeah, since that is so hard to overcome for bots...
    + log in
    + pray
    + wait 10-30s
    + pray again
    + move on to the next character

No! don't give it away! ;)
  • ruinrandirruinrandir Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    The changes sound great. For that I thank you. Unfortunately my primary guild is down to two active members while the new/secondary guild has disbanded. Hopefully some of them will return with this good news.
  • thevaliantraxthevaliantrax Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Guys i have a question. What is wrappers?
    btw great update devs, thank you for this :)
  • free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    These changes will be going out soon on PC, and will be in place when we launch our next update for Xbox.

Do not release any of mod 6, even with the fix, to Xbox.

Please do not shout. Thank you.
    Post edited by kreatyve on
    edited August 2015
    Removed moderated quote.
    Why not?
    Let those Xbox players have some fun with Elemental Evil too... [insert very evil laughing]
    Post edited by kreatyve on
    Want to know why?
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Faceroll, no dodge, no movement eating your food-talk to the phone during dungeon returns sad......................
    edited August 2015
    How about a timeframe for this update, and some more specific informations?

And i'm still not sure, why Xbox players should be handled differently from PC players?
    Just give them the same Elemental Evil update.
    Want to know why?
    regenerde wrote: »
    How about a timeframe for this update, and some more specific informations?

And i'm still not sure, why Xbox players should be handled differently from PC players?
    Just give them the same Elemental Evil update.

Go check out the X Box Forums, they have all of our Mod 4 bugs and more. So, they are all spastic atm.lol
    So?
    Give them the same Elemental Evil, and then wait for the next module to change the difficulty there too.
    Worked for the PC players, should work for the Xbox players too.
    Want to know why?
  • abeodesee72abeodesee72 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Goods new for folk that dont have the best gear already, maybe sad for those that do have the best - but you cant get expect mobs to be harder with the best gear just a thought
  • juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    eldeskal wrote: »

- snip -
    -
    Speaking of strange, if NW is set in the "frozen north", why is WOD a desert? The first time I saw someone using the Simril-festival sled on the sand I was reminded of this.

- snip -

The Well of Dragons isn't in the Frozen North. It's a long distance Southeast of Neverwinter, at the Northern end of the Sunset Mountains.
  • crypticnotioncrypticnotion Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 45 Arc User
    The changes are not live yet. They are coming soon, so that could be next week or in a month.
    or a year at the rate they move