test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Updates to Difficulty and Leveling Speed

Comments

• rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    Too soon to say if it will make me increase my playtime. I tried Icewind Dale for the first time yesterday and it took me 2 minutes to kill a yeti and I was like "screw this" and had no plans on going back. If that isn't improved by these changes I think that will be it for me.

As far as going from 60-70 it's honestly it's not that bad. I made it to 70 on all my (8) characters simply by doing all the invokes each day. Especially with the double XP weekends. But I'm sure if I had doing it the 'legit' way I wouldn't have made it to 70.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    I personally love the sound of everything mentioned in this article! Huzzah! Many thanks!
  • nimandiirnimandiir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    Hell yes! Now we just need you to supply voice acting to all those quests that dont have it and my gripes will be gone.
  • crypticnotioncrypticnotion Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 45 Arc User
    It all sounds like a very good change you have my attention. not everything but a good start. TY It is enough to maybe get me interested again. And to think things are changing for the better and you really do listen.
  • gphxgphxgphxgphx Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    Wow, an update with most of the things I've heard people asking for the loudest. This is the best news in a long time. I'm stunned. Not just the update but the listening thing.

Good job Scott and Team, and thanks for the message Andy.
  • archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    ok so now its even more pointless to have a tank or healer spec for solo are you going to bring in dual builds or do you just want no healers or tanks to play and via that only pre made dungeons to ever run? it was already stupid to solo on a healer or tank ive gone afk for long enuff to get the afk 10 min warning up when i came back with stuff hiting me in spinward wearing lvl 60 gear still and been at full hps when leveling my dc in last double exp week, so much for action based game

really need to get rid of the support classes so people dont get confused as to what to play. some otehr games actualy aim to create a need for support classes NW seems set on making sure its DPS or go home
    Post edited by archanarchist on
  • snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    I have to admit that Im excited to see how these changes affect the game whenever they're finally put into the game.

But I also have to criticize the devs over the simple fact that it took them all of mod 6 to finally admit something that the player base was telling them since the testing phase of mod6. Trash mobs should never ever EVER do one shot kills against players that meet the minimum requirements for whatever area they are in.
  • -Deko--Deko- Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Is there any information on the DR bug and when there will be a fix for that? Else the sudden 1hits will not go away.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    Very welcome changes, but too late for many I fear. Possibly including myself. I've found new games to play after NWO drove me away and I'll have less time to devote to it now.

Shame. Had these changes been made 3-4 weeks ago I'd still be an active (and paying) player.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    starbigamo wrote: »
    One thing that i always LOVED is to be in protectors Enclave and look at the ruined spellplague tower, it makes that small part of the single player experience really special.

That and the memorial on the sleeping dragon bridge for vault-of-the-nine.

Yeah, I thought the spell-plague was a great story element—and most importantly, it explained why the magic system is different from pen-and-paper D&D—sadly, it has all but disappeared from the story. That said, I do understand that they were having some financial issues, and so making playable content was higher priority than seamlessly weaving together a consistent world.

Speaking of strange, if NW is set in the "frozen north", why is WOD a desert? The first time I saw someone using the Simril-festival sled on the sand I was reminded of this.

Well, this is somewhat off-topic at this point.
  • bisjurbisjur Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I had stopped playing, because it was impossible cassi difficulty starting the mentioned area. You can now back, but every time I think the game has become PAY TO WIN.
  • vorhelmvorhelm Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Yeah. It's great and all. Everyone just needs to remember: This move has NOTHING to do with the devs listening (to the forums) or being "nice". Enough players spoke with their WALLETS and something got done. You have to remember, devs that are only driven by profit, only respond when that profit is threatened. And, don't fool yourselves, that is EXACTLY what happened here.

Before you see more significant changes like this, that vastly improve player quality of life, people are going to have to keep speaking with their wallets. Or, these changes will stop and we'll go right back to entire modules, like 6, that do nothing but punish the players and take stuff away from them.

Just my observation dealing with these devs at cryptic, for over 6 years, in this title and others.
  • blackhawkpirateblackhawkpirate Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    It takes too much time for the soulbinder warlock to gather the soul sparks in combat. If you could change it all warlock players would be happier :D
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    Andy/Scott, you might want to take a second look at the HP of some of the final bosses. My understanding is that, for example, Traven has so many HP that it would exceed the total advertized running time (30 minutes) just to melt him down.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    Overdue.

Only sad / bad thing is that it hasn't been implemented yet with Thursday's fix.
  • gallifreyan999gallifreyan999 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    I personally can't wait till this update is in place! Something to really look forward to. B)
  • peterbilodeaupeterbilodeau Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    First, thank you for these fixes. We needed them. Thank you for listening to the community this far.

Second, (as others have said) they are long overdue and mostly just repealing the changes which made mod 6 worse after release - which is a step in the right direction, but doesn't address the load of issues mod 6 itself introduced (broken paragons across all classes, missing dungeons, one-shot mobs, etc). Soon, I'll be glad to see these changes implemented, but I'm still going to be keeping the changes in perspective. I'm not yet convinced that they will be enough to make the game enjoyable as a game in itself, but only make it playable as a platform to interact with the awesome people in my guild. That may be enough to keep me around, but it isn't enough for me to put out any more money: for that, I need to see fixes to the issues introduced with mod 6, not just to issues introduced in the intervening months.
    So, thank you, but please do work through the many, many, many issues in the thread of mod 6 problems - because they have now become mod 7 problems as well. And that is truly disappointing. I think everyone was hoping to see some of the mod 6 problems fixed with the release of mod 7, not carried over into it. Which is, I think, why after months of don't-ask-don't-tell attitude toward these problems, it feels like "too little too late" for many players: soon and eventually should at worst mean in the next major update. But, they don't and that's pretty disheartening, on top of a lot of silent treatment and obfuscation.
    In the end, I'd like to find out this is the first wave of a ton of fixes, coming week, after week, after week - with an active, transparent, dialog between the community and the devs. But, I'm not going to invest much hope in that preference becoming a reality, as long as we are still getting told soon a the game will be tolerable to play; and months upon months of feedback finally getting a positive response is viewed as deserving a BAM; and we still aren't seeing even an estimated timeline for fixes to mod 6, just a few fixes mostly to the post-mod 6 problems. We have no idea what the devs' takeaway has been to our feedback: we don't know what they are planning to address, or how, or when. That's why we need the devs to give us feedback to our feedback. We need a dialog: a lot of us don't come to the forums to pray and it would be more welcome and gain Cryptic/PWE more player good-will than another module of content plagued by the same underlying issues.
  • fernandoeliseifernandoelisei Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
    I play Neverwinter since December 2013, started playing on the recommendation of some friends, in fact the game caught my attention some interesting points: The player's view is very simple, the powers are well arranged in the skill bar, so that, soon I fell in love with the game. However, starting the module 6 started the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. What made me more disappointed was the changes to the Elemental Evil. XP impossible to reach to level 70 (both before, had 5 chars 60, now have only one), the famous HK (Hit Kill) of mobs and the worst of all the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, the removal of epic DGs. The game called Dungeons and Dragons but you have no more dungeons to play because they simply withdrew and did not say why. These changes already are a start, still play, even me disappointed and complaining every day (I look like the EUSTACE from cartoon Courage the Cowardly Dog). I hope these changes are only the beginning and soon the OLD DGs back.

Sorry for the bad english, i'm braziliam.
    =)
  • daddyman5565daddyman5565 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    First, thank you for these fixes. We needed them. Thank you for listening to the community this far.

Second, (as others have said) they are long overdue and mostly just repealing the changes which made mod 6 worse after release - which is a step in the right direction, but doesn't address the load of issues mod 6 itself introduced (broken paragons across all classes, missing dungeons, one-shot mobs, etc). Soon, I'll be glad to see these changes implemented, but I'm still going to be keeping the changes in perspective. I'm not yet convinced that they will be enough to make the game enjoyable as a game in itself, but only make it playable as a platform to interact with the awesome people in my guild. That may be enough to keep me around, but it isn't enough for me to put out any more money: for that, I need to see fixes to the issues introduced with mod 6, not just to issues introduced in the intervening months.
    So, thank you, but please do work through the many, many, many issues in the thread of mod 6 problems - because they have now become mod 7 problems as well. And that is truly disappointing. I think everyone was hoping to see some of the mod 6 problems fixed with the release of mod 7, not carried over into it. Which is, I think, why after months of don't-ask-don't-tell attitude toward these problems, it feels like "too little too late" for many players: soon and eventually should at worst mean in the next major update. But, they don't and that's pretty disheartening, on top of a lot of silent treatment and obfuscation.
    In the end, I'd like to find out this is the first wave of a ton of fixes, coming week, after week, after week - with an active, transparent, dialog between the community and the devs. But, I'm not going to invest much hope in that preference becoming a reality, as long as we are still getting told soon a the game will be tolerable to play; and months upon months of feedback finally getting a positive response is viewed as deserving a BAM; and we still aren't seeing even an estimated timeline for fixes to mod 6, just a few fixes mostly to the post-mod 6 problems. We have no idea what the devs' takeaway has been to our feedback: we don't know what they are planning to address, or how, or when. That's why we need the devs to give us feedback to our feedback. We need a dialog: a lot of us don't come to the forums to pray and it would be more welcome and gain Cryptic/PWE more player good-will than another module of content plagued by the same underlying issues.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Now a few fixes, that the forums screamed about the loudest, have finally been implemented. Not because the forums were heard, but because the Zen market activity (or lack of it) was heard. Anyone with illusions that Strongholds was going to save NW is going to be sadly disappointed. While fun on some levels, it still isn't what drew people to the original NW. Maybe enough of the dev team will figure out what that was before the game implodes.
  • geoffreysgeoffreys Member Posts: 87 Arc User

I agree with this post. I am grateful do see the upcoming adjustments.

But for the development team to regain credibility, we need to see more communication, and see more postive changes forthcoming.

These adjustments are a great start, but its only start. As most have noted, these simply return game play that we had previously.
  • suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    This reversal is great news, I don't think anyone can dispute that.

Now bring back the old dungeons, please.
  • fffernfffern Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    Dear Dev's

Thank you for partially hearing what the community is telling you loud and clear. Now about the suggestions above on feedback: Think of the adage - if you communicate 3 times as much as you think you have to, then perhaps you will be understood.

Please get yourselves out of your office cocoon and communicate more directly and more openly and more frequently with your player community.

We all know that you are in this as a business. But, so far it has been like a business with no customer service and very clearly, no dialog. And, ultimately there is no excuse for it. You have everything to win economically, and have a chance to salvage what is left of your players that still believe in your product.

I don't, too late for me.

I would not run a business where you P*** off your customers on a routine basis and expect to turn a profit.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    Can people stop saying that the devs "listened"? If the devs LISTENED most of what was in Module 6 wouldn't have made it to the Live server to begin with. The devs are REACTING not LISTENING. Not even close to the same thing.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    It's propbably just fear... the fear of losing a lot of Xbox players to Elemental Evil.

And while the key issues of Elemental Evil are being acknowledged, i wonder if there is also hope for Scourge Warlocks, or if the Devs will continue to ignore the issues with that class?

I would also like to ask, if there is an apology with a real gift attached coming for the Elemental Evil beta testers PC players?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • codeslayercodeslayer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    When will the changes go into production? I noticed that vigilance was still at 16 earlier today.

And as a developer (not at Perfect World), I can say that it is a difficult job. Most of the time we do things that we're told. I am sure the devs don't have the freedom to make changes just because the community is upset.

Do I think that there are things that could be improved? Yes. Do I disagree with some of the decisions that have been made? Definitely. But I am also enjoying a very creative game made by obviously talented developers.

So, thanks for taking some of the community wishes into consideration and making changes that will benefit us. We look forward to more fun in the future!
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    The changes are not live yet. They are coming soon, so that could be next week or in a month.