danialmaherdanialmaher Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    guys i need help 10 day i cant play
    i have crashes after i choose character and try to log in
    what do
    i.imgur.com/9hhCvET.jpg
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    BUG: Display problems.
    I am having the same display issues I had on preview: massive flickering black areas on leaves and grass. Using the -d3d9 command line doesn't fix it, which leads into the second problem:

BUG: Game Crashes When Graphics Settings are Changed
    Any attempt to change my graphics settings results in the screen resizing to approximately 800x600, freezing, then crashing.
    NsDjsrR.jpg
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    kate932015kate932015 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    ....still can't play...

i tried that same thing unfortunately all the games i downloaded and tried to play did not work, Pwi was flickering, primeworld was pathetic forsaken world didnt load, currently trying World of warcraft, but i guess it isnt completely for free so hopefully it will just be enough time for the devs to fix game completely so i can play
  • Options
    slmooreslmoore Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Still stuck on the loading. Been that way for a while now. Excited to see the strongholds but can't get in. All mine is up to date. Windows 10 also.
  • Options
    theophan1theophan1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I see the problem wasn't fixed from Alpha. I tried to log in with Alpha test and would get stuck on the same screen. I guess this is the end of my Neverwinter game play. Sad.
  • Options
    smbvmssmbvms Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    One fix I tried successfully with the Nvida graphics card Win7. Open the Nvida control panel and reset the 3d settings and apply. Then open GeForce Experience and launch the game from there. Works 9/10 times.
  • Options
    fenyxdrayvenfenyxdrayven Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Was I supposed to receive 3x heroic encounter rewards from the dragon kill ? Only received the strongbox and the AD voucher.

00a8529dc374e393431e9b3dc9ab2937.png

Also Influence gain, is there a daily cap on influence gain per day at 100 ? Thats pretty damn <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> if its capped at 100.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Was I supposed to receive 3x heroic encounter rewards from the dragon kill ? Only received the strongbox and the AD voucher.

That's a very old display bug. Those represent other HEs you've previously been rewarded for.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    Just disable DX11, log in with safemode, then change your settings to DX9. worked for all those in guild with issues ...
  • Options

That's a very old display bug. Those represent other HEs you've previously been rewarded for.

Ahh i did wonder that as i did dragons after doing my 3 heroics

• Options
    Seriously you should add quest givers with a list of vigilance tasks etc like the elemental evil zones that reward influence in the rewards if youre going to give a 100 cap per day off the heroics. For a zone that is packed with so many mobs you cant just make multiple copies of the same heroic that just has different names allover the place with a just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> rank 5 for reward most the time
  • Options
    beargarbeargar Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Besides the Issues with the new mod and the fact that some cannot even load in, it too me 2 days trial and error to get in. Its been over a week now where i havn't had any skirmishes on my Q just 3 low lvl 17-50 dungeons, No Dread or hunt skirmishes, my other character lvl 61 has them all my lvl 63 has none. I have put over 300$s into this game in the past 3 weeks and thats like a years subscription to all the SoE games o just got played out on eq2 is all. doing the repeatables to lvl and thats about the only way to effectivly lvl its poor poor content to have to do that with no dungeons no skirmishes no low or lid lvl raids. i will not put another cent into this game until at least they take the real time shut the servers down and really fix the multi amount of bugs. The fact that some can play and some cant and the ones that can are getting ahead is sooooooooo messed up to let go on. All my years of mmorpg's many many different titles I have never seen such a disregard for customers ever no double xp no claims nothing for the massive inconvienence. There is no excuse. Im dont for now. Im sorry for those who cannot play at all for realz your not missing much.
  • Options
    barbaraburnsbarbaraburns Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 34 Arc User
    I could login yesterday and this morning before maintenance. I cannot get in at all so far now ... whatever you did with it today in maintenance broke it for me :( ... safe mode is not working for me so far
    Hope you have a great day!
  • Options
    cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    Video Lag is back, but on in StrongHold Environment... same as Mod 4 I think it was.

Windows 10
    XFX RADEON Double D R9 280X 1000MHz BOOST Ready 3GB DDR5 2XmDP HDMI 2XDVI Graphics Cards R9-280X-TDFD
    AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor, 4013 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    16GB of RAM

• Options
    viodragon55viodragon55 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Is anyone successful getting in lately? Two days now after update and no luck. Took a shower even and didn't touch anything, came back to see the same thing. Windows 10, drivers are up to date, cannot see character selection screen. Also point out no music playing. I don't recall if the beginning load in use to start the music right away or not. You are seriously going to lose clients if you cannot have people just log in normally. Thankfully windows 10 fixed my issues playing Rift. Guess back to that mmo for some time. Hope this gets fixed since I do enjoy the play style of Neverwinter.
  • Options
    kate932015kate932015 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Nope i havent been able to get in since monday, been playing world of warcraft till i can play Neverwinter
  • Options
    ellellelleellellelle Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    I cannot run Ice WInd Dale. I should state first that I have 100% completion of this campaign pre-mod 7. Since mod 7 landed, I have noticed that I have mysteriously received the quest to speak to Beorne Steelstrike without wanting it or requesting it. However, now that I have entered Ice Wind Dale to investigate, I can't find him. I enter Caer Konig and can pick up all my returns on investment, but no quests for Ice WInd Pass or Dwarven. I can pick up need for mead, however. When I go to enter IWP or DV, it says that I can't travel there yet. This must be a bug. My campaign window still reflects the fact I have 100% completion, however. I just can't enter the areas or do anymore quests.
  • Options
    Everything is sooooo messed up, i mean everything, the bugs have bugs for god sakes. I wish the would get on top of it. I ave never seen such a disaster in all my years of mmorpging i mean never.
  • Options
    dietrichdevitodietrichdevito Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    I've tried every fix in this forum, reverting back to a previous restore point, uninstalling the game and reinstalling and still can't get into the game without the graphics crashing. Safe mode and windowed aren't working and it /always/ crashes on the Neverwinter splash screen.
    Good to know its not my computer as I've been worrying since launch that it was.
  • Options
    starrlight9starrlight9 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    A am having a major issue with strong hold right now. I have a quest to complete "temple of the spider" yet temple of the spider is not avilable for que. Our guild is VERY small, bugged quests like these only hinder us instead of helping.
    twitch: Lady_Starrlight
  • Options
    kingarthyrkingarthyr Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Like many here, I'm still unable to login, and since you screwed up the gateway I can't even do leadership there. My wife is also unable to get into the game since Strongholds was added. I'll be looking for a new game, as will my wife, and my entire guild. We all took a vote, Cryptic has been voted off the island.

And just for the record, if you broke the game, we the players should not have to jump through hoops in order to play it. Honestly, the changes that have been made, especially the extensive class balance issues have made the game fairly impossible to play without completely altering my toons are set up. I refuse to do so. If you have 3 paths available, you should be able to complete the content with any of those 3 paths.

Neverwinter had a great deal of potential when I first began playing it almost 2 years ago. I stuck with the game due to the friends I'd made here. Most of them left with Mod 6, the rest are leaving now.

I may return to check on the game now and again, read/reply on forums, but I'll say this, I am rather dumbfounded and the complete and total lack of respect you show your players, the shoddy coding you perform and the half-assed way you design the game. I designed better games as a pre-teen then you "professionals" do 30 years later.
  • Options
    krishn04krishn04 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    I changed to maximise and it works now
  • Options
    sotipsyysotipsyy Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    3 days later and i still can't get onto the game
  • Options
    > @kingarthyr said:
    > Like many here, I'm still unable to login, and since you screwed up the gateway I can't even do leadership there. My wife is also unable to get into the game since Strongholds was added. I'll be looking for a new game, as will my wife, and my entire guild. We all took a vote, Cryptic has been voted off the island.
    >
    > And just for the record, if you broke the game, we the players should not have to jump through hoops in order to play it. Honestly, the changes that have been made, especially the extensive class balance issues have made the game fairly impossible to play without completely altering my toons are set up. I refuse to do so. If you have 3 paths available, you should be able to complete the content with any of those 3 paths.
    >
    > Neverwinter had a great deal of potential when I first began playing it almost 2 years ago. I stuck with the game due to the friends I'd made here. Most of them left with Mod 6, the rest are leaving now.
    >
    > I may return to check on the game now and again, read/reply on forums, but I'll say this, I am rather dumbfounded and the complete and total lack of respect you show your players, the shoddy coding you perform and the half-assed way you design the game. I designed better games as a pre-teen then you "professionals" do 30 years later.

Well said my fellow gamer, well said.
  • Options
    doctordnadoctordna Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    This is very interesting. I just returned from Japan (been there the last 2 weeks). Didn't take long for me to update or to get online. My guild apparently has a stronghold, and I was able to donate and do missions. No real "issues" here, but I was expecting massive issues upon my return.

The reason I was thinking mine would either have issues or "epic fail" is;
    • I run Neverwinter in Linux OS
    • I don't use an Arc Launcher
    • My hardware is seriously challenged.

I noticed some people saying they are running Windows 10? If you surf the net you can find Linux Ubuntu truly free OS to download, optional to install. You can actually burn it to CD/DVD and boot it off a the disk. Don't get the latest version because then you are just asking to be a "test monkey" again. I run 14.04 which means it was released in April 2014. Now I am not telling you my OS is better but it works.

I don't use the Arc Launcher, there is an old Cryptic Launcher being passed about on the net by "friendlies" it would be sweet of Cryptic to offer this launcher since it still works!

Finally in case you think my hardware is better than yours;
    • Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20GHz
    • Memory 2 Gb RAM
    • Radeon 5450 HD 1 Gb RAM

The last time I spoke to my guild leader they are running this game on an old Zotac with Windows XP. Oh, I almost forgot why I stopped in here. The music continues to play after I exit out and seems to last about 5 or 10 seconds. Other than that it looks like you have your hands full with bigger issues than mine.
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    So far, been getting lucky with doing a force verify after each patch and I can get in each day.
    Laggy, but working.
    When I get home from work, I just switch to the char select screen when away. If I restart, I have to do a force verify again or I get stuck at login.
    Switching between Dx9 and 11 doesn't seem to make a difference for me.

• Options
    sharonious_rebelsharonious_rebel Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    The alt-tab bug is fixed for me after maintenance, yay!

new bug since maintenance: when I select something to donate to the SH mimic, the first display window (where you choose how many of whatever) is mostly blank except for a placeholder-looking icon. The next (confirm) screen displays normally.

A lot of our donation stuff is maxed out so I couldn't check it all, but it was definitely true for the pvp shard one, and influence I think?
  • Options
    gelsonfontelesgelsonfonteles Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    (Sorry for my bad english) Hey. I don't know it is a bug or something but it is weird. I realize about 10 minutes ago that no level cap on Strongholds PvP gears? Is that true? I hope it is just another bug because far enough the ensorcelled etc. set on premades but if they use the best PvP gears from level 4... No comment. So it is a bug, right?
  • Options
    aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Putting this in this forum 1. because the techy people at Cryptic are reading here and 2. it is something to do with the new rollout so technically concerning Strongholds... Does the fact that the game is running two duplicate arcOSbrowser.exe files at the same time (previously this never happened) have anything to do with the current problems? Yesterday I was able to log-on fine and play fine on my older system and card despite reading many people with crashing issues on trying to log in. They were describing how they could not get past the Cryptic splash screen after clicking play from the launcher. Today though, and even after a whole patch you have done, I am getting the same issue, I click 'play' and it just goes blackscreen and hangs after the Cryptic logo, only doing an alt ctrl del will get rid of it, no key, even the microsoft one will esc from the black screen, and I was only able to eventually log in and play by choosing safe mode, also trying to fix display graphics settings within the game itself will crash and close the game (for instance I changed the res from 800X600 which it had defaulted to in safe, to fullscreen and "desktop 1000 whatever X watever it is", and when I hit OK it crashed), one other time it did not crash the game but none of the buttons to ok or choose anything were working and did nothing and in safe mode while setting graphics the selection boxes were doing this really weird thing where they were slowly getting wider and wider on their own. Anyway, to set the graphics right I had to do it only in safe mode from the launcher in options before going into the game itself so it would not crash. Just now while in Spinward Rise I hit my windows key to esc out and check something online, after doing that and leaving the fullscreen game it would not work again and refused to open. But in doing alt ctrl del and closing components of the game manually, I have seen each time that there are TWO arcOSbrowser.exe files running where there are always prior only one per session, I am wondering if this is causing the problems as it may be causing a conflict in the system which is making the system unable to work out what to do, so it does nothing...