test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Strongholds Issues

Comments

• nickbittnickbitt Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    ya my game loads till neverwinter screen the screen turns black and game goes non responsive i click and it wants me to close program i have never had this problem before
  • mercedesmanmercedesman Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    Woo Hoo.. I think I am having fun.. 2 hours waiting to get into the stronghold map.. this IS impressive.. didn't know I was going to be able to do an Epic Wait this soon in the game
  • kate932015kate932015 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    There should be an epic compensation for every person who has to wait cause they falsely advertised a launch date
  • time2011time2011 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    bout to splatter my brains out this stupid, 7hr long patch only to find that I cant even log in! its impossible to get in no matter what I have tried that people mention...games are supposed to be a relief instead it gives me stress over something as simple as to log in... they should never introduce a mod when they know perfectly well theres major problems with the game already, its just asking for players to quit.
  • temjiutemjiu Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Win10 here, quad core CPU, 16g RAM, Nvidia 7xx series GPU, updated drivers. when set to windowed mode, client is functional, but extremely laggy. prior to this, I would have to open up 3-4 clients, and have a video running in the background to represent this level of performance.

When I set the graphics to full screen...the system hangs easily for 10-15m when trying to load. switching windows (alt+tab) takes 30-45s, and you can see the graphics card resetting the screen a few times during that process. All my other Apps are slow during that time too...Edge (the new MS browser) is completely unresponsive (it's sensitive to GPU capacity, which leads me to believe this is impacting GPU function). Chrome is slow but functional. other apps simply slow down.

So I agree its definitely something with the Video drivers and how they correlate with the game. I'm sure they'll figure it out...in the meantime I'm moving my alts to less used areas with campfires so I can actually invoke on my timer.

EDIT: updated troubleshooting:

noticed during this time that my CPU was running @ 96% roughly...only 2 active processes (not including background processes) were NWO and MS Edge. killed both, restarted computer, started NWO, and so far it's back to normal. However...the last time i logged in, i had entered the stronghold area. going to try it again and see if that replicates the issue.

EDIT pt. deux:
    loaded Strongholds screen fine, no lag or issues that were present last time. back to the enclave, no issues. restarting client with Edge running to see if that replicates it. I'm beginning to wonder if they were still installing stuff while the game was up, and things got hashed up in the process.

Of interesting note, when i logged in the first time, and was running into severe latency, I briefly had scanned over my taskbar and i had noticed over 8 NWO PROCESS RUNNING AT THE SAME TIME while the loading screen was going. I have yet to be able to replicate this, but I wonder if much of it had to do with the initial loading of the Strongholds areas, + the hotfix updates the server was doing while we were online.

EDIT part 3, the climax:

So third attempt at replication didn't reproduce. Edge running in background, strongholds loaded fine, no lag or latency beyond what i expect in the game normally. things are back to normal for me. I'm suspecting that the initial load, plus high server queues (lots of people waiting for the game to update so they could log in), plus the issues with the live hotfixes that were going on at the time, led to these problems. my memory was capped (and i have 16gig, not a small amount), or close to it, and wouldn't go back down, even after i had close all active processes...something was sticking around. a restart resolved it.

for those still encountering issues, it may benefit you to make sure all active procs are closed down on your PC and restart it, and then restart the client. i deleted no files, nor did i start in safe mode (though this could be worth trying of nothing else works). check your CPU and MEM useage in task manager and see where it's at when the client is up. if this fails, it may behoove you to uninstall the old app and reinstall fresh...after a system reboot of course.
    Post edited by temjiu on
    The good news is the we are all soloing the Epic Wait.. no need for a team to do it.. and my nerfed all to hell SW can even do it without dying 10 times.
  • jim9311jim9311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    New crash error: Fatal Error: Direct32 driver returns error code [DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED] while checking sync query.

same on win 8.1

disturbing is that on the patch notes discussion, someone said the same was happening in preview and you had to start in safe mode. THEY KNEW they had an issue and released anyways. Money greedy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> just want to sell the damn stronghold packs and vip packages. How about let me use zen to play on a stable server. That I would buy
  • nikodermosnikodermos Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same as everyone else I suppose, Though when mine crashes I'm getting a specific Error for it causes a stoppage and restart of the Graphics Kernel. so yeah great patch
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    8:30 p.m. on mod launch date and I still can't get in on something that supposedly has been tested for months. So this has cost me about 200k AD between all my characters not to mention my wasted time in real life. I'm actually kind of impressed that they managed something even worse than the mod 6 launch.
  • wolfgoddess2010wolfgoddess2010 Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @gallifreyan999 said:
    > When I try to log in, I get past the "Cryptic" screen and onto the "Neverwinter" splash screen - but there it hangs up. I have to CTRL, ALT, DEL to get out of it. (I use Windows 7, if that's any help and have updated my graphics driver.) I've tried launching it with and without the Arc client and also in safe mode - same result every time.
    >
    > EDIT - I also had the 5+ gig "patch" and completed it.
    >
    > EDIT 2 - the above mentioned patch was prompted from the launch screen before it'd let me even try to connect.

Same, except windows 8.1

> @roensilvertree said:
    > On Windows 7, after I log in and click Play, I get the Cryptic screen, then the Neverwinter screen. The NW screen hangs for a couple minutes, then my screen flickers and I get a message telling me that my AMD display driver has stopped responding and recovered. I've checked that I have the latest drivers (I do) and restarted my computer several times. Still stuck.

Again, same except 8.1

roensilvertree wrote: »
    New crash error: Fatal Error: Direct32 driver returns error code [DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED] while checking sync query.
  • cardsfan2005cardsfan2005 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    ok. so I did the -d3d9 in command line. put it in safe mode. Error screen saying files could not be found still showed up, but I waited a while and was sent to log in screen and was able to play.

Same for me but the SH patch took to long so I logged out, two files after 10 minutes.
  • sharonious_rebelsharonious_rebel Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    New bug: if I press the windows button to check other programs (teamspeak, for instance), game crashes
  • dufferdave122741dufferdave122741 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Blaming the graphics card as the culprit is a cop-out...This problem didn't happen until the latest update. It looks like the dev's forgot to test the update before sending it to everyone. Hopefully you'll figure it out soon.

The fixes you show look good though. Lots of fixes there.
    lfg Epic Wait... 2.6k SW DPS
  • jamisariusjamisarius Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    just my two cents; load hangs on first NeverWinter splash screen win 10, core i5 8Gig Ram all drivers up to date . . . .
  • nimandiirnimandiir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    nimandiir wrote: »
    jayaline wrote: »
    I got it past the loading issue and it seems to be working fine now.
    1) Delete the Gameprefs.pref file (mine on Windows 7 is located at Program Files/Neverwinter_en/Neverwinter/Live/localdata).
    2) In the launcher, choose Options from the upper right-hand corner. Select Force Verify and Safe Mode. Login and let it run the force verify. It will open in windowed mode. I let it run as far as the character select screen, then had to log off for a bit because reasons. Logged back on, now it seems to work fine.

Good luck.

Testing now, ill let y'all know what happens! It's nice to have Devs like you on it jay ;)

Tested it, no dice :( but it was certainly worth a shot ty for the advice jayaline :)

The devs seriously need to let us know wth is going on here...
  • nimandiirnimandiir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    It just occured to me, could it be that the server has full pop and this is what we get w/o having a queue?
  • dark10starletdark10starlet Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    It didn't work for me either.
    since mod6 I always had to play in safe mode otherwise I'd crash in normal. never a prob except when servers had lag issues other than that worked fine then they claim no crashes so I thought wow that's awesome, I try tonight I cant get passed the screen. I don't like to seem like a complainer but I am as I write out but a module should be carefully tested and prepared before making announcements, make sure nothing can go wrong or at the very least inform players due to certain issues the mod must be postponed for a certain duration and that would be better than what everyone is experiencing around the world or parts of it with this nonsense.
    Just an easy observation here.. would seam that after trying to deploy the mod for most of the day and still having tons of hardware and load issues that they might have had a strategy to roll the deploy back and regroup. If I rolled out software with this result from my users and have had no back out plan, I would be working on my resume right now.

Devs, how about telling me that 2.5 hours waiting on the stronghold map to load is too long and that I am better served using this time find a new use for my $$$ that I pour into this game.
  • bartoneds34giibartoneds34gii Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Same problem here. Using win 8.1. The game freezes on start up and I get the "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered..." message. I'll see if they fix it tomorrow. I'm just glad for this forum so I know the problem is not at my end.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    Ok so, so far no problems, I'm going to throw a bunch of info up here in the hopes it helps someone.
    i7 4700hq @2.4ghz cpu
    Nvidia gtx 860m
    16gb ram
    Windows10 64bit (not sure if there is a 32bit version)

GeForce Windows 10 driver version 353.62

Down here is my gameprefs.pref content. Hope this helps someone build a work around or proper fix.

PrefEntry CStore.NewProductsHash 1497689552

PrefEntry GfxSettings.Antialiasing 1

PrefEntry GfxSettings.AntialiasingMode NONE

PrefEntry GfxSettings.AspectRatio 0

PrefEntry GfxSettings.AutoEnableFrameRateStabilizer 0

PrefEntry GfxSettings.BloomIntensity 0.38292

PrefEntry GfxSettings.BloomQuality 1

PrefEntry GfxSettings.CharacterDetailLevel 1.125

PrefEntry GfxSettings.CharacterTexLODLevel 1

PrefEntry GfxSettings.CpuQuality 3.42401

PrefEntry GfxSettings.CustomSettings 1

PrefEntry GfxSettings.DefaultFov 0

PrefEntry GfxSettings.DeviceType

PrefEntry GfxSettings.DisableSplatShadows 1

PrefEntry GfxSettings.DrawHighDetail 0

PrefEntry GfxSettings.DrawHighFillDetail 0

PrefEntry GfxSettings.DynamicLights 0

PrefEntry GfxSettings.FrameRateStabilizer2 0

PrefEntry GfxSettings.Fullscreen 0

PrefEntry GfxSettings.FullScreenHeight 1080

PrefEntry GfxSettings.FullScreenWidth 1920

PrefEntry GfxSettings.FxQuality 0

PrefEntry GfxSettings.Gamma 1

PrefEntry GfxSettings.GfxFeaturesDesired 100

PrefEntry GfxSettings.GPUAccelParticles 1

PrefEntry GfxSettings.GpuQuality 11449

PrefEntry GfxSettings.HasSelectedFullscreenMode 1

PrefEntry GfxSettings.HigherSettingsInTailor 1

PrefEntry GfxSettings.HighQualityDOF2 0

PrefEntry GfxSettings.HWInstancing 1

PrefEntry GfxSettings.LastRecordedCPUPerf 3.42401

PrefEntry GfxSettings.LastRecordedMSAAPerf 0.998524

PrefEntry GfxSettings.LastRecordedPerf 5610.35

PrefEntry GfxSettings.LenseFlare 2

PrefEntry GfxSettings.LightingQuality 0

PrefEntry GfxSettings.MatQuality LOW

PrefEntry GfxSettings.MaxDebris 0

PrefEntry GfxSettings.MaxFPS 60

PrefEntry GfxSettings.Maximized 1

PrefEntry GfxSettings.MaxInactiveFPS 5

PrefEntry GfxSettings.MaxLightsPerObject 2

PrefEntry GfxSettings.MaxReflection 0

PrefEntry GfxSettings.MaxShadowedLights 1

PrefEntry GfxSettings.MinDepthBiasFix 0

PrefEntry GfxSettings.MonitorIndex 0

PrefEntry GfxSettings.PerFrameSleep 0

PrefEntry GfxSettings.PoissonShadows 0

PrefEntry GfxSettings.PreloadMaterials 1

PrefEntry GfxSettings.ReduceFileStreaming 1

PrefEntry GfxSettings.RefreshRate 60

PrefEntry GfxSettings.RenderScaleX 0.7

PrefEntry GfxSettings.RenderScaleY 0.7

PrefEntry GfxSettings.RenderThread 1

PrefEntry GfxSettings.Scattering 0

PrefEntry GfxSettings.ScreenXPos 0

PrefEntry GfxSettings.ScreenYPos 0

PrefEntry GfxSettings.SettingsDataVersion 1

PrefEntry GfxSettings.SettingsVersion 9

PrefEntry GfxSettings.SoftParticles 1

PrefEntry GfxSettings.SoftwareCursor2 0

PrefEntry GfxSettings.SSAO 0

PrefEntry GfxSettings.TerrainDetailLevel 1.9

PrefEntry GfxSettings.TexAnisotropy 4

PrefEntry GfxSettings.UseFullSkinning 1

PrefEntry GfxSettings.UseVSync2 0

PrefEntry GfxSettings.VideoCardDeviceID 1046

PrefEntry GfxSettings.VideoCardVendorID 32902

PrefEntry GfxSettings.VideoMemoryMaxHMBs 0

PrefEntry GfxSettings.WindowedHeight 1080

PrefEntry GfxSettings.WindowedWidth 1920

PrefEntry GfxSettings.WorldDetailLevel 1.125

PrefEntry GfxSettings.WorldLoadScale 1

PrefEntry GfxSettings.WorldTexLODLevel 1

PrefEntry HasSetGamma 1

PrefEntry InitialVirtualShard 0

PrefEntry Locale 0

PrefEntry Login.LastShard Dragon

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.atiCrossfireGPUCount 0

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.audioDriverName DirectSound

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.audioDriverOutput "Speakers (Logitech USB Headset)"

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.audioDriverVersion 10.0.10240.16384

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.audioX64CheckSkipped 0

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.ComputerName GAMING

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.cpuCacheSize 6619136

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.cpuIdentifier "Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3, GenuineIntel"

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.CPUSpeed 2.394e+009

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.DiskFree 132091273216

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.diskTotal 240055742464

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.fmodVersion 0

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.hasSSE 1

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.hasSSE2 1

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.hasSSE3 1

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.hasSSE4 1

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.hostName gaming

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.isDx11Enabled 1

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.isDx9ExEnabled 1

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.isRunningNortonAV 0

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.isTransgaming 0

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.isUnsupportedSpecs 0

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.isUsingD3DDebug 0

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.isVista 1

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.isWine 0

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.isX64 1

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.macAddrString 40-16-7e-0c-39-bd

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.material_hardware_supported_features "SM20| SM20_PLUS| SM30| SM30_PLUS"

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.material_supported_features "SM20| SM20_PLUS| SM30| SM30_PLUS| SM30_HYPER"

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.numMonitors 1

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.numRealCPUs 4

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.numVirtualCPUs 8

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.nvidiaSLIGPUCount 0

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.OSVER0_LowVersion 2

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.OSVER1_HighVersion 6

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.OSVER2_Build 9200

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.OSVER3_ServicePackMajor 0

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.OSVER4_ServicePackMinor 0

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.OSVER5_HostVersion 10.0.10240.16384

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.physicalMemoryAvailable 14109773824

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.physicalMemoryMax 17057140736

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.RAMSpeedGBs 3.89986

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.RenderingHacks REHA_NONE

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.supportedDXVersion 11

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.SVNBuildNumber 183476

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.transgamingInfo

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.VideoCardDeviceID 1046

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.videoCardName "Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600"

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.VideoCardVendorID 32902

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.videoDriverState 0

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.videoDriverVersion 0.0.0.0

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.videoMemory 1024

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.virtualAddressSpace 4294901782

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.wineVersion

PrefEntry VoiceCaptureList.devices <&\r\n{\r\n	deviceName "Microphone (Logitech USB Headse"\r\n	recordLevel 40\r\n	isActive 1\r\n}\r\n, \r\n{\r\n	deviceName "Microphone (Realtek High Defini"\r\n	recordLevel 40\r\n}\r\n&>

PrefEntry VoiceOptions.DuckOnChat 100

PrefEntry VoiceOptions.DuckPercent 0.5

PrefEntry VoiceOptions.InputDev 0

PrefEntry VoiceOptions.MicLevel 40

PrefEntry VoiceOptions.MultiMode ONEAUDIBLE

PrefEntry VoiceOptions.MuteInactive 0

PrefEntry VoiceOptions.NoVoice 0

PrefEntry VoiceOptions.OpenMic 0

PrefEntry VoiceOptions.OutputDev 0

PrefEntry VoiceOptions.SpeakerVolume 80

PrefEntry VoiceRenderList.devices <&\r\n{\r\n	deviceName "Speakers (Logitech USB Headset)"\r\n	renderLevel 80\r\n	isActive 1\r\n}\r\n, \r\n{\r\n	deviceName "Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)"\r\n	renderLevel 80\r\n}\r\n, \r\n{\r\n	deviceName "Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)"\r\n	renderLevel 80\r\n}\r\n&>

• torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    BZYTax6.jpg

whenever I alt-tab out, I can't get back in. When I try to reload the gameclient.exe window I get this error

Game runs fine, until I alt-tab out.. then I can't get back in.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User

• VIP Rank 1 Per day and other abilities cannot be claimed until you re-log back in.

Rank 3 Per-day cannot be claimed until re-log either.

header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • h3llbentwisph3llbentwisp Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Same issue that happened with Mod 6 release with the loading screen. I have had to start in safe mode since that release now safe mode doesn't work at all on this release. I have uninstalled and re-installed the game and it has the same issue. Get to the splash screen and freezes up. This is a bug that should of been fixed ages ago instead of further progressed with another glitched mod release.
  • fariznofarizno Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Same loader issues mentioned 1000 times before. I get to just before character screen then it hangs. Bummer.
    I knew it I said it yesterday "tomorrow is going to be hell I can tell it'll lag like hell" I was wrong for lag but the loading is like a virus that they don't bother to cure only spread it even further
  • sharonious_rebelsharonious_rebel Member Posts: 56 Arc User

whenever I alt-tab out, I can't get back in. When I try to reload the gameclient.exe window I get this error

Game runs fine, until I alt-tab out.. then I can't get back in.

I think this is the same error I'm getting (command window closes itself too fast, didn't think to print screen, and I'm giving up for the night :P
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    BUG: Master of Coin
    The Master of Coins is still offering my GWF some nifty "Raid Robes"...[/red]

9VaAOnJ.jpg
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    I had several of the problems already mentioned here, e.g. 'Display driver stopped responding' , lock ups and so on. So I tried the good old-fashioned 'reboot your PC' option (which we all know cures around 95-99% of all known PC problems). Whatever the fault was with NW Strongholds Mod 7 was fixed on my PC using this all-purpose cure all. I have now been into Mod 7, played in several areas and even visited my Guild's Stronghold and had a quick look round the initial quests. I only have two problems, the lag at Spinward Rise was horrendous to the point I had to give up trying to complete the Second Tome Quest and why, oh why is one of the first quests that you have to complete in the strongholds a full on Dungeon ! You have Epic Cragmire or 'Regular' Valindra's Tower. This is on a par with the ridiculous requirement in Well of Dragons that insists on sending new arrivals to complete the Cult Prison lair. It's going to be a while before I complete this introductory group in Strongholds :'(