test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Introducing the VIP Program

Comments

• Options
    poppakrodahpoppakrodah Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    I like it. I would be doing it for sure if I knew leadership was coming back to the gateway. Make that a benefit at 12 months and I'm definitely in.

As it is now, I'm torn. I really want an answer on the gateway thing before I put any more money into the game.

• Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    It's a subscription by any other name, regardless of how many times this fact gets deleted.
  • Options
    mauradon1mauradon1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    My question is this - are the items gained from these keys going to be bind on pickup? I had a friend buy Zen through Steam and use that Zen for keys and everything he opened was bound to his account. If that is the case, count me out. Otherwise, it might be worth it.
  • Options
    mrgiggles65mrgiggles65 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Buying something delivered over a period of time for currency (even ingame earnable currency) is a subscription. That doesn't mean it's bad, that just means it's a subscription.
  • Options
    azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    *face palm* Just when I think cryptic can't sink much lower, someone stood up and shouted "challenge accepted!"

As I pointed out elsewhere, all those money-grubbing browser/mobile MMOs you see all over the place do this kind of thing. Do you really want to associate with the trailer trash of MMOs that are the browser and mobile games?

They are charging you for convenience, giving you a key hoping to nudge you into buying more, and other little things. It is s subtle psychological game aimed at those with slightly weaker willpower.

And the worst thing of all is that with "immunity to injuries", I actually considered this.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    mauradon1 wrote: »
    My question is this - are the items gained from these keys going to be bind on pickup? I had a friend buy Zen through Steam and use that Zen for keys and everything he opened was bound to his account. If that is the case, count me out. Otherwise, it might be worth it.

The issue with Steam is that the payments are not verified as legitimate for a period of time after the purchase has been made. If you use Steam to purchase it's likely the first few days will have the same issue.

If you pay for the packs either by directly purchasing Zen from PWE (which is ideal in any case as all of the money goes to the actual developers) or via the Zen Exchange then any lockboxes opened should behave normally. If this is not the case we will get the blog updated before August 11.
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    if items bought with keys become bind on pickup, this addition is awful.

If not, it's awesome.

The 25% reduction in Bazaar prices for tier 12s means that for the rest of us, prices drop circa 15% (since that's the breakeven rate someone who gets items at -25% cost can sell on the AH). This is for people not buying VIP passes I mean. For people who have the adequate VIP pass, obviously they're better off buying from the Bazaar (because the 10% cut from the AH is murder)

As for the keys, like I said: if the results aren't BoP, this means everything from lockboxes will be cheaper than they have been. If they ARE BoP though, then that's pretty horrible, because those keys we're all getting basically for free (1000 zen for 30 of them is like, 34 zen per) are now substantially less useful.

As for whether it's a subscription, call it a "soft" subscription.
  • Options
    I like the VIP - system. It kind of separates the users from the abusers. However, DO NOT make the VIP thing be buyable ingame. That way AD farmers cannot buy it and it can be used as an indicator of who is a f2p leech and who is a supporter of the game.

I'm sorry, but what about not buying/buying this makes you an abuser or a user exactly? I thought it was rather clear who was a supporter of the game with Founder/Hero of the North, Guardian of Neverwinter, Knight of Feywild, etc.

• Options
    graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    I hope the Bank summon, Anvil summon, Signpost summon, and Moonstone Mask recall are on a 'hotbar' somewhere, and NOT BELT ITEMS. =/

All VIP powers are accessed through the VIP window. They are not items and do not take inventory space. Well other than the daily bags of stuff delivered through the inventory window.

• Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User

Adding a Yearly Price (discounted a bit more) would make sense. It would
    further incentivize people to jump to level 12, and you'd have all the money in advance.
    And really, convenience for us, cash for you.

Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    graalx3 wrote: »
    All VIP powers are accessed through the VIP window. They are not items and do not take inventory space. Well other than the daily bags of stuff delivered through the inventory window.

yer my new fave. ;D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    baeyornbaeyorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I likey!!

I will be on this like Henryetta The Golden on Jiminy Cricket...

For the key a day, and mail box, and teleport, and salvage anvil..

here Cryptic, let me throw some coash at you!!\

:)
  • Options
    The packs can be bought ingame and aren't a good indicator... So Kevin, Justin, aswell as Ruslan and Wladimir, perhaps even Mustafa and Ali can just buy them with AD and having one of these titles is basically meaningless.

Regards.

Your opinion on the packs is duly noted, however, you did not answer the question. How does buying into the VIP system make you a user and not buying it makes you an abuser? Since you like the VIP system it would seem you classify those buying into it as the "users" and those not purchasing it as "abusers", by your words alone.

• Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User

Can we get a promise that the already incredibly low odds of winning the best
    prizes from Lockboxes will not be lowered further?
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I've been buying enchanted keys whenever I get one of the "40% Off" coupons. Even just rank 1 of this gives you them at about 70% off, (if you claim the key each day, but you gotta in essence buy 30 at a time).

I'm not enough of a "power gamer" to really make the higher tier rewards as enticing. Perhaps if they offered some sort of unique reward each month - something simple, like an armor reinforcement kit that added or suppressed an aura, I'd be more inclined to go to higher tiers...

I wonder if the "15% Off Any Item" coupons will work on the VIP access...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    bigredbrentbigredbrent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Please make the VIP program remove the gold cost to un-slot enchantments. I know for a fact that MANY people would buy the VIP program for this benefit alone. Making you pay a ton of gold every time you want to swap out enchantments really sucks. Please allow a way to remove this cost.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1199588
    Post edited by bigredbrent on
  • Options
    daddyman5565daddyman5565 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    They imported the Champions and STO VIP system and then took away the ability to pay for it in Cash so it is not a "Subscription".

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck. Subscription that sort of is but isn't. From the guys whose pet peeve was people who asked about subscriptions in the forums.
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    Not opposed.
    I know you guys need a pay-check.
    Still would like to see gateway leadership added to the perks.
    Not like I can make back a fraction of the AD this will cost in $.
    Just a suggestion...
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    I like the VIP - system. It kind of separates the users from the abusers. However, DO NOT make the VIP thing be buyable ingame. That way AD farmers cannot buy it and it can be used as an indicator of who is a f2p leech and who is a supporter of the game.

I'm a F2P leech in case since you want to know who we are.
  • Options
    dmcgee627dmcgee627 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    So are they pretty much walling off Moonstone Mask for free players? Glad to see they can cut content and charge people for what use to be in the base game.
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    dmcgee627 wrote: »
    So are they pretty much walling off Moonstone Mask for free players? Glad to see they can cut content and charge people for what use to be in the base game.

That's always been there. It's a special room where the hard core role players go to do COSPLAY or FURRY play or something. It's a scary place, don't go there alone. It was supposed to be reserved for purchasers of the Hero of the North Pack or the Guardian of Neverwinter Pack. I'm sure they will be excited that this is being made available for 1000 zen.

Here is some guys vid of the place:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3NJOPL21qA
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    To add to what I said before - even if you ignore everything else, you are basically getting 28-31 enchanted keys for $10 a month, (all you would have to do additional is to log in once a day and claim said key).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    alleykatealleykate Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    And this is your solution to fixing the problem with inadequate healing potions, missing dungeons and dungeon difficulty and taking access to leadership away from the working person??????...more divide between the haves and have nots...personally if I could have the option of spending zen on reasonably priced training for mounts, I would as the price is too much in AD..it is just cheaper to buy a zen mount. I would spend zen on transmutes if they worked out to be cheaper than the AD cost..then I could save my AD for the endless refining required for artifacts (and the rumoured AD requirement for the next module).......

Please fix healing potions (why should there be the haves and have nots, and the changes were in healing potions was to make it fair for the bad guys initially..so we were told).

Please fix the difficulty and one shots that are still happening because healing potions are useless

Please bring back our dungeons.

Please actually do something when you ask our opinion on what needs fixing....not this
    Guild - Fair Dinkum 2.0
    Part of Team Tredecim of the Cloaks Alliance website
    https://cloakalliance.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    locksanpocketslocksanpockets Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    So basically, for 5m AD initial investment and then 500k per month after, you can get:

25% discount on WB

So now it will only cost the VIP 1.5 million AD to upgrade 1 mount to rank 3?
    Just slash the price of Mount Training Manuals 90% and watch the sales skyrocket.
    Then you'll have the diamond dump you're trying to get. How hard was that?
    How much time and resources were put into this VIP Pack compared to what was just suggested?

• Options
    eocrooseocroos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User
    I like the VIP program because we don't have to use real life money to get it. Count me in!
  • Options
    theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Ithink the "system" is needlessly obtuse and complicated. i mean its not a bad way to generate revenue because some will find value in it once they figure out how the damn thing works but as I have said before they are negelecting an overly plump unsquozen teat in the cosmetic appearance department right now you have everyone in the game pretty much looking the same due to limited dyes and most of the armors looking like someone threw up filigree on you then duct taped some chunks of ether black ice, bits of wood or bone on them and called it a day. cryptic overlooks the overwhelming desire for MMO players to "look cool"

how many players do you know that bought the scourge warlock pack just for the skull hood?
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    If I get another set of Illithid Robes, I should transmute my fugly Elemental Black Ice gear, since those robes looked cool, and this stuff just looks ridiculous.