test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I see him in my nightmares

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
6976f6f540b754cea87a514e5a7974ba1438890215.jpg

Always watching me. Always. Send help.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• locksanpocketslocksanpockets Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    "Me help you fight evil airs!"
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    Decrease the XP requirement. Then, soon, you will not need to see him again.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    No having fun allowed, get back to addressing the community's greviances in an unrealistically expedient manner! Rabble rabble rabble!

Also, if this guy's scaring you, it's a good thing that NWO didn't add all the Elemental Evil races from 5E as part of the mod. Can you imagine what Neverwinter would be like with a bunch of Aakarocra running around?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    6057999986_80f549f5d9_b.jpg

What... I am sure he is perfectly friendly.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    You are such a whiner... lol.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Also, if this guy's scaring you, it's a good thing that NWO didn't add all the Elemental Evil races from 5E as part of the mod. Can you imagine what Neverwinter would be like with a bunch of Aakarocra running around?

Do I even want to google Aakarocra?

Also, @beckylunatic, I won't sleep tonight. Thank you. :(

Honestly, the classical 2E Aarakrocra were pretty tame in comparison. I wouldn't worry about google.

But, I mean, as someone working on a D&D related project, I do recommend that everyone on the staff at least keep up to date on the most recent D&D products. Like, make sure to be familiar with the PHB races, as well as the player's option stuff. The following races were released as PC races with the Elemental Evil Players Companion:

Aarakrocra
    Deep Gnome
    Genasi
    Goliath

Man, dev team should DEFINITELY get to work on making those as new race options. I mean, who wouldn't want to play as a creepy birdman, or perhaps someone brimming with flames wreathing off their body, taxing everyone's graphics cards to their absolute limit?
    Genasi... lol.

Imagine having 5 in a party. Anywhere they go would be more laggy than MC... lol. Water, fire, earth or air​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    SYNERGY Alliance
    edited August 2015
    "Earth!" "Fire!" "Wind!" "Water!" "Void!"

::Captain planet shows up, but as a giant vortex of abyssal darkness::
    The fifth element is pizza. *Everyone* knows that.

Neverwinter Census 2017

The fifth element is pizza. *Everyone* knows that.

Oh! You mean Linu's Favor.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    Quest for Glory reference? Nice.
  • suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    The first time I saw this guy, I laughed hard.
    I would send my Greykitty to protect @strumslinger from the terrifying birdman, but he's got his head shoved in my armpit and I don't think he wants to move.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Send, please! I'm scared of the birdman, but his gaze is so mesmerizing.....

edited August 2015
    Deal with it™

Birdman.jpg

(God that meme is old ... I feel ancient!)
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    He's just a man in a wererat costume that had some feathers added to it.

Sleep easy, I'll find the proof for you tomorrow. ;D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    You do good work Aakarocra-man, keep it up!
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
    All I have handy is an old photo from when he was just the grey kitty that hung out in our yard (hence the name... not my fault he started answering to it)

3670975076_217fb98121_z.jpg?zz=1garden 008 (2) by beckylunatic, on Flickr

Neverwinter Census 2017

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    6976f6f540b754cea87a514e5a7974ba1438890215.jpg

Always watching me. Always. Send help.

1. Make friends with some redcaps.
    2. Tell them that he is helping the elves.
    3. Problem solved.

Narf might be willing to eliminate your problem for you (see my sig).
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • dwarf75dwarf75 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    lol seems like only the devs having fun in NW. Players are always in distress and sorrow :smiley:
    Strum's the community manager, which as far as I'm aware isn't the same thing as being a dev.

It's basically just a form of localized PR. Unless I'm wildly misreading his job title, he has little impact on actual decisions in regards to how the game is made/adjusted/etc (though probably some input on things like 2x RP weekends, since those are promotional events, but again, ALL SPECULATION).

So, don't be toooooooo hard on him for just being silly. It's kind of his job.
    He is the liaison between us and the devs. He is the connection and he has been doing a bang-up job, TBH ​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
    Yeah, everyone be nice to Strum. Like, overly nice. He's our only way of convincing the Devs to, like, not make the game terrible in such and such ways.

Though, I still think that "keeping the leadership changes in perspective" post was ... ill conceived.
    I think Strum is part of the game. Like a game genie. When the game is nerf'ed, his power is also nerf'ed at the same time.
    Yeah, everyone be nice to Strum. Like, overly nice. He's our only way of convincing the Devs to, like, not make the game terrible in such and such ways.

Though, I still think that "keeping the leadership changes in perspective" post was ... ill conceived.

I agree. I read it back the next day and realized it was not what I wanted to say at all, but what's done is done.

• zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    Don't let the Bird-man freak you out too much Strum, you'll be out of there, eventually :)
    And thanks for the communication. I do hope you'll keep it up and not let all our, uhm ,how can I put this, sometimes ill-tempered,cynical and sarcastic comments put you off. We only get angry because we care.
    Glad to hear it. The title of it was kind of "You're all scrubs, listen to THE SENSIBLE PEOPLE IN THE ROOM!" And then the moderation was all like "WE SHALL ONLY HAVE ONE THREAD TO DISCUSS THIS TOPIC" and it sort of came off as a "Well, they only want people talking about the change if it's under the perspective "keep things in perspective?"

Personally, I'd prefer the thread name to be changed to something a little more neutral, but honestly, the thread has actually died down a bit, so it's not a big deal. Everyone was super emotional about it, but now everyone's talking about the VIP system.

Which is, incidentally, a pretty good sign; first change in a long time that the majority of the forum seems to be on board with.
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    Yep, it's a step in the right direction. But a very small one. There are still too many glaring issues with the game that are not being addressed. Stuff that should be taking a priority but are not.
    Well, I mean, in an ideal universe, the VIP pass thing will generate revenue, which will improve the budget, and maybe they can do things easier under those circumstances.