test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Featuring Foundry Quests Again

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Hey guys, I started featuring Foundry quests again since I'm all settled in now. So with that said, start submitting them for featuring and I'll get to it every Tuesday!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    Search the catalog for "Spelljammer" and play mine! ;D One was already featured ('To Infinity, and BEYOND!', Id love it if the updated version(1.2) could replace that featured version(1.0) though- mod6 made enemies much harder)

and the second 'The Black Pearl' has been submitted I think. ;D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    Hey Andy, remember that I submitted two of my own:

NW-DIG5784G9 The Lost Seneschal, act 2

NW-DE2XRW557 The Lost Seneschal, act 3

Thank you in advance!!
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • essentiessenti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 303 Arc User
    This one has been submitted for months, I hope you enjoy playing through it =) I am still working on part 2, someday I will actually finish it too.

NW-DIAAPG3S4 "A Mere Expedition!"
    Campaign - Trail of the Imaskarcana (NWS-DMFG77QOF)
    • A Mere Expedition! (NW-DIAAPG3S4)
    • Work In Progress on Part 2
  • winterswitchwinterswitch Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    Hey Strum.

I finished tweaking "Absolute Zero" a couple of days ago, just as it fell off the New tab. I think it stands alone pretty well, even though it's technically the final part of a campaign.

Thanks. --@Sintered
    The Green Zone (NW-DP66H66F6): Train at a top-secret Goblin military installation.
    Hive Mind (NW-DN9YKEVUS): Get inside a crashed alien ship to discover its purpose.
    Absolute Zero (NW-DOVUXHT8P): Activate a massive teleportation machine to pursue an evil mastermind.
  • melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    Thank you Andy, this is great news for old and new Authors alike.
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • waryurwaryur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    Thank you very much! Going to give a final polish to some of mine and get them submitted!
    Hidden Valley Ranch - NW-DPNGENL6E D&D Adventures Part I
    House of 1000 Corpses - NW-DIEYVLCML D&D Adventures Part II
    Well of Dragons - NW-DTPJEKZCT Third Place Winner CotD Foundry Contest
    It's Just a Flesh Wound Pt. 1 - NW-DM8GHAME2 Monty Python!
    It's Just a Flesh Wound Pt. 2 - NW-DFADOS4EX Monty Python!
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    Everyone make sure you hit the "Submit to Cryptic" button INSIDE Foundry and not just posting a message here.
    Doesn't do any good to post it in the forums. B)

...and TEST it before you submit it -- make sure it's ready, 'cause once it's featured you can't change/fix the featured copy!
    ​​
  • imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    I submitted this one a few months ago. "T1: The Village of Hommlet", an as-complete-as-possible adaptation of the classic AD&D module. Leave some time to poke into all of the corners if you want to experience it all, as there are mini-quests, interacting dialogs, and lots of lore in the first part (the village).
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    NW-DPI2AKV7O is my "prologue: the castle gates" quest. It has gotten pretty high ratings so I hope people will enjoy it.

2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited July 2015
    4ieNS3X.jpg

Version 1.0, Submitted for featuring. =D

Also @strumslinger some of the formatting of the featured quests looks a little messed in the ingame catalog window..

If you see the older ones, they all just say "Foundy fun awaits you!" and they fit.

Your longer descriptions make the text so small it becomes unreadable =X Find some formatting/text size fix? =D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    Your longer descriptions make the text so small it becomes unreadable =X Find some formatting/text size fix? =D

Definitely! A small multi-line sentence would be wonderful to see what someone at Cryptic thought of the quest, but more than a handful of words and it just scales to sub-miniature undreadable text.

​​
  • myrkolithmyrkolith Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    I'm glad to see this has started up again, I have 2 quests I have submitted, one awhile ago and one recently.

Chapter 1 of my new Campaign was the recent submission. The Campaign is entitled "Conduit of Time."

Chapter 1 and 2 are currently finished, and I am currently building Chapter 3.
    Conduit of Time: 7 Chapter Campaign in progress (Currently Chapter 6 Released)
    Search @Longshire for 12 Foundry Quests, all are story driven adventures
    Story -- Medium/Heavy, Combat -- Light/Medium, Lore -- Medium/Heavy
    grats to everyone featured! =D
    Thanks for all the fish.
    So, what happened? There were three new featured quests (finally!)... then nothing... then one featured quest that was filled with construction errors, both in the text and the graphics.
    Please, feature three new quests on a regular basis (every two weeks at maximum). With absolutely no support to the rest of Foundry, featuring is all we have left.
    If you're having trouble finding one to feature, might I suggest choosing any from this thread? And please give my "Village of Hommlet" a try.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    we should get 3 featured quests every week, how hard can it be?
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    Kinda bummed about this. ;D

I saw Strum online yesterday morning, and I asked if he was gonna be featuring new ones, and he said it was on his list of things to do..

Something must have happened later in the day tho.. something that perhaps required Akro's assistance? ;D

Hopefully we'll get new features today. =D
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • zachariah92zachariah92 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    I saw one foundry featured, in the review tab...
    NW - DD69G42V2 - The Stolen Dragon Egg
    NWS - DPVINV31F - La Corona de la Sombra
    NW - DTKMPU3RQ - Contest: Portal - The Forgotten
    NW-DRTBVIVMU - Drowned Shore: Disembark #DS#
    or maybe today? @strumslinger ;D
    Thanks for all the fish.
    So... here we are, with Foundry finally back up.
    Any chance of getting some new featured quests?
    Please consider featuring my "T1: The Village of Hommlet" quest, NW-DBDB7A38M.
    Thanks.

-- @Gruffydd
    Foundry is up. No quests featured yet. Foundry update Tuesday @strumslinger?

Play em on Monday and Feature all these q's on Tuesday
    Thanks for all the fish.
    Thanks for the feature!

Can't wait to see other ones get featured too =D (1 a week works? that's not too demanding of us, is it? =D)

I've got 200+ plays on it already, so people are still playing em (even without rewards!)

The rest of the ones in this thread are great too @strumslinger and I hope you give em a play!

A Mere Expedition
    Castle Gates
    Lost Seneschal
    Villlage of Hommlet

^ I can vouch for these =D I'll try absolute zero when I get a chance
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    I had a couple reviews show up on my quest over the past few days. It's about 2 reviews or so a week, once you get beyond the top 5 or 6 on the Featured Tab. The "Best" tab seems to continuously get plays, even quests that have been around since Beta that none of us will catch up to seem to get more reviews daily than new Featured quests.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    I could use one of my quests getting featured too (like everyone else, right)? :smile:

I think "Dirty Rats" [NW-DGLB37WLW] is the best stat wise, so that's the one I'll highlight for your consideration. ^_^
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • kellnaforiankellnaforian Member Posts: 106 Arc User

I had a couple reviews show up on my quest over the past few days. It's about 2 reviews or so a week, once you get beyond the top 5 or 6 on the Featured Tab. The "Best" tab seems to continuously get plays, even quests that have been around since Beta that none of us will catch up to seem to get more reviews daily than new Featured quests.

I was getting 4-5 a day, being on page 1 of Best. Once a quest was featured this week my quest dropped to the first one on the second page...I've had 2 total since. Sharp drop off. I'm not complaining as I am glad Featuring is still being done.

However, I will never understand why it is necessary to have multiple of the same Foundry's up in the top ones at the same time. I will also never understand why a Foundry that is less than a minute long is allowed to hang out there with over 15000 reviews.
    Campaign: Lands of Mirent Tusk
    NWS-DITF6RXSK - All Daily Qualified

Q1 - Dungeons of Mirent Tusk - 16 minutes Featured
    Q2 - The Legend of Prince Brightblade - 30+m
    Q3 - The Legend of The Lady - 30m
    Q4 - Finding the Way -20m
    Q5 - King Mirent Tusk - 50m
  • madxxxjackmadxxxjack Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Please consider reviewing my combat/defend quest - Drow Retribution - Thanks!
  • sphairesphaire Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hello,... can u please check out my campaign, its called Arkentree. Thank you!