test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

are you happy with neverwinter

Comments

• soditalloversoditallover Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Unhappy
    Even then you can be civil about it. There's no harm done talking in party chat saying that you're waiting for a guildy who disconnected or whatever excuse you have for not accepting a pugger before he wishes you good luck and leaves voluntary.

and in most of the cases that is true and we always tried to be civil and then you get the odd pug thats having a bad day and has tried to get into a party only to get hit by not a dirty pug but it would be nice not to have to enter that system to run a guild run in the first place but hey we all have bad days somtimes.

for my guild we would always run with pugs and never kick on loot drops the only time this would change is on pk runs that a pug would jump in 3 second before the final boss and go for the drop if they said ill pass and did then we would just let them be and if they talked we would run the next round with them.

however i was in a guild that would grab two pugs get into the dungeon then kick the pugs and solo the dungeon and kick anyone who joined this was not somthing i did and would not run and in the end got kicked from that guild for not voting in that way.

• soditalloversoditallover Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
    Unhappy
    ok so was this out of left field or did i miss somthing, double ad and exp for the next few days nice but whats the long term plan is this just another case give them hope then back to the old ways.

anyone have links to whats the aims or just somthing to keep us going till the next mod
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Unhappy
    The "goal" might be, to motivated you just enough to buy XP boosters for every character.
    Double XP event and the XP booster is on sale...
    And now would be the best time, to join a guild to get better boons, equipment and XP rewards from Strongholds opening in less then two weeks.
    Just keep in mind, with Underdark there might be even better equipment coming at the end of this year.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • caewincaewin Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Uncertain for the future
    The potential this game has is amazing. The story lines in levels 1-60 are (mostly) interesting to play time and again as people create and level new characters and find different ways to approach them. Even Sharandar, the Dread Ring, and, to a somewhat lesser extent, Icewind Dale and the Well of Dragons, had some good story content, although, looking back, they foreshadowed the repetitiveness that is mod 6. And the game is failing.

There are threads upon threads throughout the Neverwinter forums of issues people have with the game, from game-breaking issues that should have been fixed when the game first opened, the growing disregard for solo players. And the new mod will make it worse. The mod 6 issues haven't been addressed. Now the devs (and/or the powers-that-be) are saying "you need to find a guild ASAP or you are out of luck". I've played this game since open beta. I've only recently found a guild I'm good with. How many players are just going to jump into guilds and end up unhappy because otherwise they'd miss the new content? Poorly played, Arc Games.

I'd like to see this game be what it could be, an awesome MMO experience interwoven with D&D lore, and not the money-happy grind fest product it's become. Well, unless someone buys one of those handy tokens Arc so thoughtfully placed in the Zen Market that let people completely unlock Sharandar, the Dread Ring, and Icewind Dale without putting in actual effort. Then I suppose it's not so much a grind fest for them anyway.
  • feralplatypusferalplatypus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    Happy
    Happy enough.

My life doesn't revolve around NW or any other video game. I don't spend my days worrying about refinement points or being able to finish a dungeon. What I want is an opportunity to have some fun doing stuff in a world that pleases my eyes with friends who have similar sense of humor. So I do some quests, run a dungeon, sometimes I finish, sometimes I don't. I kill some mobs and find it relaxing. Test a different class. And I'm having fun. When I'm not having fun, I log off and do something else.

Of course, there are tons of problems and I would enjoy the game more if they were solved in a good way. I would love to run CN again. There are many things I would love to do in game but can't. But it doesn't prevent me from having fun with what I can do.

But I am a casual player. Had I been really terribly invested, wanted to have all BiS, I would have gone completely nuts and the game would change into a full time job of grinding.
  • oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    Uncertain for the future
    I'm a huge forgotten realms fan. I've read so many of the books, and played all the WoTC games. That's the reason i'm here. When i started this game about 3 months ago i have added a total 74 friends, almost of them just started playing the same time as me. None of them are ever online now.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • caewincaewin Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Uncertain for the future
    This game has so much potential. I'm one of the "faithful" still hanging on, hoping for that potential to be fulfilled. Levels 1-59 were--and are--fantastic. As many have pointed out, levels 60-70 are a grind fest. At level 70, you need the T2 equipment to complete the T2 dungeons you're running to get the T2 equipment you need to complete the T2 dungeons. I think we've reached Inception levels of playing here. Want to run Tiamat? Forget it unless your fellow players judge you worthy on a specific channel. See previous point about getting gear good enough.

Edit 2: I did not mean to double-comment on this thread. The internet went wonky on my end last night, apparently, and my original post disappeared from my view!
    Post edited by caewin on
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Uncertain for the future
    caewin wrote: »
    I think we've reached Inception levels of playing here.

Best comment in the entire thread. I approve and you win. Someone give that one a giant cookie, STAT!
    Unhappy
    regenerde wrote: »
    The "goal" might be, to motivated you just enough to buy XP boosters for every character.
    Double XP event and the XP booster is on sale...
    And now would be the best time, to join a guild to get better boons, equipment and XP rewards from Strongholds opening in less then two weeks.
    Just keep in mind, with Underdark there might be even better equipment coming at the end of this year.

As far as I know boosters do not work during 2x events.
    And i wouldn't be surprised, if the XP booster is used up, but isn't providing anything to the XP gain then...
    Want to know why?
  • goblinman32goblinman32 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Unhappy
    I love so many things about this game. I'ma D&D fan, so seeing the world come to life is great. The 1-60 experience is fantastic (even without the dungeons). And the combat system is fun. I'm even cautiously optimistic about Strongholds.

But it's very clear that the good parts of the game are being increasingly strangled out by PWE's business model. Sadly, I'm not seeing a bright future for the game, and I feel like I'm inevitably going to reach a point where I need to drop out.

The reason I chose "Unhappy" rather than "Uncertain for the future" is that I AM pretty certain it's just going to keep getting worse.
  • d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    Unhappy
    Fell in love with neverwinter back during the beta when the P2W elements were far fewer, it was fresh and the various mods hadn't gotten things so far off track from what made the game special.

These days with the gear gap the way it is I feel this was orchestrated to get more folks partaking of the P2W stuff to get their toons on par with the OG players.

I miss story based campaigns and the actual dungeoneering part of D&D.

I think the PVP players have been shafted since beta. Seriously, 7 mods and over 2 years and they haven't added a single PVP map or mode. GG and Strongholds are different animals and don't really count for what the PVP base has been wanting. Funny way to handle the only real end game content the game has by alienating your most devoted players.

PWE/Cryptic also has a lousy way of handling problems. Generally their "fixes" are highly unpopular, anti-player and ineffective at what they are trying to do. The art of the stealth nerf for things we come to depend on is really the wrong way to go for a game the company wants folks to invest in.

RP was wrong. So very very wrong. XP based progression for weapons and equipment provides a much more satisfying method for advancement and keeps players on a more or less even keel. Unfortunately its harder to monetize and evidently PWE thinks that is where their money will be made. I couldn't disagree more with this method.

Bait and switch tactics as well as flat out taking things away from us has become the norm. Hell Mod6 was ONLY about taking away everything we had worked so hard for, making us work for it all over again and making that process way more painful than it should have been.

Unrewarding quests and dungeons. I was so disappointed when dungeons like MC and VT came out and had pathetic drop schemes and no guaranteed loot to either upgrade yourself or make some AD to advance your toon. Rewards have continued to get worse to the point that many folks only do the current dungeons just enough to get geared, then basically stop playing the game. Pretty sure that doesn't lead to increased revenue for anyone. Not to mention we only have 1 playable epic dungeon now. Knowing that the other 2 were broken and not doing anything to fix them is inexcusable. If you don't have enough manpower to keep your mod schedule as well as fix your broken product then go back to using interns, they cost little to nothing and give fresh talent a start in the industry.

OK I really could go on and on here but I'm tired and rehashing all this doesn't help anyone. That said, I'm pretty sure you can tell which way I lean in the poll.
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    Uncertain for the future
    kalindra wrote: »
    We shouldn't mix up PWI and Cryptic in this issues - I don't have that issues with other PWE titles like PWI, FW or Swordsman.
    Maybe the problem is that PWE gives Cryptic too much leeway in management and game design.
    I've never played PWI and I've only spent a few fours in FW (it just wan't very attractive for me, Idk), so I'm not sure how those games are. Swordsman seemed pathetic from the start. Nothing worth noting about that game - just another mediocre MMO. My experience with PWE has been a horrible one and, event at this point, NW is not as bad as other PWE titles I've played.

I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Uncertain for the future
    Unhappy: They are F2P, they show me something to buy, I buy it, then they take it away. Very pissed/unhappy.

I feel the same way as the post above me...

I paid for a corvette ... woke up with a scooter....

It's not fair that core mechanics change on us so far out of beta mode...

If we pay for a specific item, and you change how that item works (regen / lifesteal), that makes people lose faith in you.

Even if players do not pay in cash for their items, they pay in time for their items. Time is money!

The game grows stale every so often due to players being too strong or too weak in pve and pvp.

We need a pvp gametype where players that do not have gear can go in vs others without gear.

Perhaps make a flat PVP mode where everyone enters with the same items regardless of what they are wearing in game.
    (problem solved)

Create a gladiator arena.. and have NPC's near the battle entrance gate for each team.
    A 5 minute timer starts counting down.
    You pick your weapon / armor enchantments here.. and they only last for the duration of the battle.
    Once the battle ends... you go back to wearing your real gear in game.
    Battle ends when all enemy players are dead.
    Like Team Last Man Standing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • klzfcklzfc Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Uncertain for the future
    I started a couple of weeks before M6 hit (right after Pax East) and thought it was incredibly fun. I got two or three days at level 60 when M6 hit and the difference was starting to show up, but wasn't too bad right then, but I was still several quests behind and got the full force of M6 once I got to the Vigilance Tasks.

Watching the XP nerf and the hp boost for mobs has been disastrous for a relatively new L70 player, and in the last two weeks, the amount of times I've died from even the "easier" dragon HEs has cooled off my interest in the game now. I can't even get into the T1 dungeons or Teurn, and no way to get the eq to get into them.

While the community managers might be partly dismissing the long time players griping here, as a relatively new endgame player, I have to say that the hypotheticals about pushing away new players is very real. Many of my friends who came in with me stopped playing altogether because it has gone from a fun series of fights with a good story to a grindfest that seems to punish players for trying to play more.

Since my friends have mostly left, Strongholds is useless to me, and I'm looking at Underdark as the last straw, however, if the devs keep nerfing the fun pars of the game, I may not even stick around long enough for that. Disappointing how drastically the game has changed in just these last couple of months, and for the worse.
  • blanndeblannde Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    Unhappy
    Before Mod 6 very happy, after mod 6 long story short I deleted my characters and quit for a while in disgust. Eventually came back, created a paladin and went from there, now have 8 characters one of each class and up to level 60 its still a great game, but... the grind from 60 to 70 is depressing ( and takes way too long). And what makes it worse.. is there are 4 area's which were fantastic fun but I cant go there until 70 now.... yes devs the artificial level boosting do'snt work very well(or put another way sucks badly).
    I knew the fun was going to trail off after getting past Boo and his weird owner, but it wasn't always this way...

and yes I spent real money on my characters getting them to 60, mounts companions, packs quite a bit so I made the most of the first 60 levels. Was considering spending a bit more but decided to play a few days in drowned shores first to see if it had changed any... not enough to inspire putting the time in to make buying any thing else worth while. So back to casual play again (read that as a couple of hours on the weekend perhaps slowly getting them up) So the first part of this game is still fun, the new part sadly still grindy and way more effort than a game should be, I play to relax after work not to get agro enough to rage quit (there are still things that are not balanced, not going into details as pretty much other people have pointed them out already. This game could be great, it deserves to be but level 60 to 70 is not fun, games should be fun. That my 20 cents worth. And the future direction of this game is not certain.. I am mainly a solo player so strongholds is'nt likely to have anything to offer me, and if this underdark is only available at the end of 70 , well I for one won't be seeing any of it anytime soon. This game has turned into a real love /hate relationship for me
  • balorinbalorin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
    Unhappy
    Not really happy since mod 6 and even if i m quiet happy with what they add with strongholds, there is still a huge lack of focus on the PVE content in this game.
    Our last 5 people dungeons is from mod 4, too far away to be happy for someone who want to play Dungeons and Dragons.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    Unhappy
    I?m playing at the 2x exp event and I still feel it's slow as hell.
    I'm not going to try levelling again untill this changes, or SH has quests that give more exp.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    Uncertain for the future
    reiwulf wrote: »
    I?m playing at the 2x exp event and I still feel it's slow as hell.
    I'm not going to try levelling again untill this changes, or SH has quests that give more exp.
    Yeah. I did some levelling during the 2 x XP they had right after the XP nerf and still couldn't get to 70 by the end of Spinward Rise. This time around I simply couldn't muster enough enthusiasm to log on - not even for 2 x XP and 2 x AD combined. I'm looking at Mod 7 and seeing nothing for me, so why bother at the moment?

Maybe Mod 8 will bring back the fun experience I remember prior to Mod 6.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Uncertain for the future
    Alot of us are feeling the same way.. they have the game so mind numbing in terms of grind and unenjoyable gating, that its hard to be motivated to play.

Once upon a time, you logged in to progress a toon, now .. meh.

• meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Uncertain for the future
    The things I have liked about NW in the past are still there (all my favorite dungeons not included), but I don't think my NW quality of life will ever go back to what it was before mod 6. Nowadays, I'm mostly doing just pvp and no longer enjoy pve at all, thanks to all the missing content and the changes to enemy health and damage.

Although all of them will probably be added back at some point, I am getting increasingly unhappy to see most old dungeons still missing after 4 months. That's a long wait for old content to be added back, I think, especially when the content never seemed broken in the first place.

I also don't understand why NW doesn't offer much more fashion sets, dye packs and other cosmetics in their cash shop than the small handful we got currently. I'd like to customise my characters much more than this, especially the paladin who's stuck wearing mostly outgrown stuff from other fighters and the DC.

Other gripes I have are the amount of exp needed at lvl 70 for the overflow reward, especially considering it doesn't automatically net a power point, and artifact equipment and losing rp progress when upgrading them into different ones. The EE zones from lvl 60 to 70 are also very repetitive and there is barely a story there. I've done EE three times with my DC, CW, and HR, and I can't even remember the names of the 4 main baddies, let alone their motivations.
    Unhappy
    Unhappy: They are F2P, they show me something to buy, I buy it, then they take it away. Very pissed/unhappy.

I feel the same way as the post above me...

I paid for a corvette ... woke up with a scooter....

It's not fair that core mechanics change on us so far out of beta mode...

If we pay for a specific item, and you change how that item works (regen / lifesteal), that makes people lose faith in you.

Even if players do not pay in cash for their items, they pay in time for their items. Time is money!

The game grows stale every so often due to players being too strong or too weak in pve and pvp.

We need a pvp gametype where players that do not have gear can go in vs others without gear.

Perhaps make a flat PVP mode where everyone enters with the same items regardless of what they are wearing in game.
    (problem solved)

Create a gladiator arena.. and have NPC's near the battle entrance gate for each team.
    A 5 minute timer starts counting down.
    You pick your weapon / armor enchantments here.. and they only last for the duration of the battle.
    Once the battle ends... you go back to wearing your real gear in game.
    Battle ends when all enemy players are dead.
    Like Team Last Man Standing

That is how NW PVP should always have been. Skill v. Skill. Not this rank 12 v. rank ~8 thing they call PVP.
    If there was a working matchmaking system, do your really think that so many players would still upgrade their equipment that far?
    Most of those players would suddenly have to wait for hours to get into a PvP match from some point on, while any regular player would find some fun PvP matches probably all the time.
    Want to know why?
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    Unhappy
    In other MMOs PVP matches forces players to change their equipment so they all wear the same thing (stats wise)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
This discussion has been closed.