test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

eLOL chest 'Inventory is Full'

deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
Anyone else can't open the eLOL chest because of a bogus inventory full error?
I've ran eLOL alot, no issues. Then this weekend, started getting inventory full when opening the final boss chest.
The contents are the same every time, it's happened about 5 times now. Cleaned out bags, moved inventory, force verify. Same issue, same chest contents, every time. I opened in-game bugs cases and a support ticket that have gone nowhere.

The chest contents are always:
Alliance Ward Gauntlets
or
Alliance Assault Gauntlets
OR
50 ele seals
or
Rank 5 Dark Enchant
or
Breyer's Draconic Investigations

Tried picking each one, the error is the same. Picking seals is currency, not an item, and I still get inventory full.

Comments

• sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User
    You might have reached 1200 seal limit.
  • dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    nope there is no warning for seals.You pick them up even if you have 1200.They just get disregarded by the system
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    I threw away all the old seals like from Black Dagger Ruins and things like that. A ton from Dread Ring.
    The thing that's strange is the box contents are always the same, like it's stuck.
    Tried eLOL on a different PC 3,000 miles away. Got the same error, tons of inventory space. Dumped most of my noobie seals.
    Awesome. Support case got locked 2 or 3 weeks ago to get forgotten about like the "Ark" in the first Indiana Jones movie.
    I really liked eLOL too. Some-what difficult, but doable w/ PUGS.
  • hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    Check your professions to see if they are full even if there is nothing profession related in it. It will show the same thing as it is holding it until you have free space.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    deathbeez wrote: »
    Tried eLOL on a different PC 3,000 miles away. Got the same error, tons of inventory space. Dumped most of my noobie seals.
    Awesome. Support case got locked 2 or 3 weeks ago to get forgotten about like the "Ark" in the first Indiana Jones movie.
    I really liked eLOL too. Some-what difficult, but doable w/ PUGS.

Seals caps are per type, so junking Lion seals doesn't let you pick up more Elemental ones, and dumping bounty items has no effect whatsoever (you can't even run out of room for those because the bag expands to fit), but the counter mechanism does just disregard anything over individual currency caps, as far as I know. It certainly does with campaign currencies.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    Thank you for reporting this, and I apologize for any inconvenience this issue has been causing you. We're investigating this issue, but I have a few questions that could assist with the investigation:
    • When you say you tried it again, do you mean opening the chest in the same instance of Lair of Lostmauth, or you ran it again from scratch and had the same issue?
    • Are you currently having a similar issue in any other dungeons?
    edited August 2015
    asterdahl wrote: »
    Thank you for reporting this, and I apologize for any inconvenience this issue has been causing you. We're investigating this issue, but I have a few questions that could assist with the investigation:
    • When you say you tried it again, do you mean opening the chest in the same instance of Lair of Lostmauth, or you ran it again from scratch and had the same issue?
    • Are you currently having a similar issue in any other dungeons?

Ran about 5-7 times after (edit: Yes, different instances. Days apart), same character. Different PCs.
    No other chest issues in other dungeons, tested in grey wolf den, temple of the spider, skirmishes: kessels' retreat, dread ring, and master of the hunt. Only in eLOL have I seen this.
    The chest contents are always the same. Picking any options gives the same "Inventory Full." Seals or no seals.

• hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    Just to double check, did you make sure that your profession had room (this bug affects many areas even though no profession is involved)? Also I remember this as an old bug back when the chests first came into use -- it is long enough that I have forgotten the particulars but I do know that it plagued many players for a very long time.
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    I got the free daily dungeon chest and got the same error, im going to try later with only the epic dungeon key from store
    I bought the epic dungeon key and started the dungeon, after killing lostmauth i had the error, so i move the items on bag and the error didnt show up. i tried to do this with the free daily key and it didnt work. Hope this help!!
    I have a epic dungeon key. I might try just deleting the key and getting another one. See if that makes a difference.
    Yes, I have free space in the crafting assets area.
    Looks like epic keys can't be sold and discarded. So much for that plan.
    edited August 2015
    deathbeez wrote: »
    Looks like epic keys can't be sold and discarded. So much for that plan.

You can post it on the AH, trade it away, or simply stash it on an alt. "Cannot sell" specifically refers to selling to a vendor.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    I think the bug was fixed, can someone else confirm this!!
    solbergx wrote: »
    I think the bug was fixed, can someone else confirm this!!

Oh really? I'll have to give this a shot.
    I got the same thing in eCC last night.
    The issue is if you pick a type of seals and don't click on the top item on the right (only on the right), you get the error, even if the blue check box on the right is selected showing this is what you would get.
    But if you click on the right side of the top item, it resets it and you can get the items. Wow, such bad design, but I got around it.