test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HR in tiamat

tsruhtsruh Member Posts: 5 Arc User
ive got my encounter powers down to a rotation i like and it works fine inside of t2 dungeons and such but when im in tiamat or doing the daily campaign missions my cooldowns seem like they are broken and i cant do my normal rotation

im also using trapper build

Comments

• soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    Some of this is because the frame rate drops especially on the heads. All you can do is hit your at wills.

On clerics don't worry so much. Best thing I have found is stay off the clerics and try to root the adds as they spawn. I only zip in with fox shift to draw aggro if necessay. You don't need to kill the adds. Point is even though your encounters may be having issues it's not necessarily important.

Also, our encounters are so buggy right now. Hindering Shot has been bugged. I've noticed hindering strike not working at times now. Fox Cunning isn't working properly either.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • tsruhtsruh Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    i know you dont need to kill the adds but i want to root them to stop them from getting close to the npc or at least stop them from chasing others near me i dont know about others but they hit pretty freakin hard and itd be amazing to keep them still all the time
  • guarana76guarana76 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    I usually have cooldown problems when I face individual or small groups of mobs.
  • pazarkpazark Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Frame rate causes some issues with encounters but works fine enough for me to usually end top 10 in Tiamat. I root the adds during the clerics and still do DoT after they've been blasted away. Roots stay in original spot but adds are rooted elsewhere and suffering DoT.
    I stay away from the clerics and root before the adds get to the clerics. I've been surprised how well Electric shot works on rooted adds.
    I wish that adds would only be blasted when they are crowding the clerics but otherwise let us HRs root them into a nice ball safely away for easy DPS.
    guarana76 wrote: »
    I usually have cooldown problems when I face individual or small groups of mobs.

this is a problem too because it says using a encounter power reduces the cooldown not hitting an enemy which makes no sense
  • arexarex Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    I have found the cooldown thing to be an issue that may be tied to the knocking around issue.....

The other night in a Tiamat instance, all but a handful of players quit and I eded up defending the cleric (can't remember which one it is by the White/Blue) by myself. I found that not only could I keep all of the adds bunched up and rooted away from the cleric, but my cleric actually hit full charge! lol The best part though? I didn't have any cooldown problems because I was able to keep them rooted, change stances and use the encounters at my pace instead of running all over chasing groups of adds to re-root them all.
    arex wrote: »
    I have found the cooldown thing to be an issue that may be tied to the knocking around issue.....

The other night in a Tiamat instance, all but a handful of players quit and I eded up defending the cleric (can't remember which one it is by the White/Blue) by myself. I found that not only could I keep all of the adds bunched up and rooted away from the cleric, but my cleric actually hit full charge! lol The best part though? I didn't have any cooldown problems because I was able to keep them rooted, change stances and use the encounters at my pace instead of running all over chasing groups of adds to re-root them all.

there is no cd problem when im doing something where i can hit multiple enemies but its when its a single enemy like the feat is based off number of enemies hit when it does not say it is
    [

I did this test with same result with a side cleric.

At some point I could draw all the aggro and they simply left the Cleric behind. It´s not so difficult to handle 3-5 adds at once (there was not additional respawn), but you can just instantly die if you got stunned just in the middle of a red circle.

No CD problems, lag, FR drops of rubber banding at all!
    tsruh wrote: »

there is no cd problem when im doing something where i can hit multiple enemies but its when its a single enemy like the feat is based off number of enemies hit when it does not say it is

It´s pretty much clear when in the same instance you don´t have CD problems with the adds, but you have them with the dragon heads.

• soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    Anyone know if it it's worth it to use storm step and disruptive shot to reduce the cool down when facing the heads and other big single targets?
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
    soonergm wrote: »
    Anyone know if it it's worth it to use storm step and disruptive shot to reduce the cool down when facing the heads and other big single targets?

I was thinking about the same yesterday, even because sismic shot is glitched.

The issue is that, If I´m not wrong, storm step cool down reduction decresases 50% if used two times in less than 10s.
  • armwaldarmwald Member Posts: 117 Arc User

I had the same problem and found Frame rate was part of the problem but I was most of the problem ....missed rotation ( includes timing as things are faster in big group fights ). I found when Tiamat is lost pick a cleric work on your rotation get 2,3 4 to chase you and see how many you can handle.

Disruptive shot works great it gives you 1-2 seconds on target and can easily be added to your bow rotation

Just to share my 2 cents with you, I really get mad when I manage to pack a group of mobs, far from the Cleric, than a save-the-day-hero-DC comes and spread them all over the map....
  • arexarex Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    I know! Right? At least the individuals stay rooted (even if the roots stay rooted too). I find that my best bet is to wade right into the center and try to pull some agro so I can kite my mobs away from Dudley DC Dooright.
    I know! Right? At least the individuals stay rooted (even if the roots stay rooted too). I find that my best bet is to wade right into the center and try to pull some agro so I can kite my mobs away from Dudley DC Dooright.

Dudley DC...lol!

Sometimes i´m in position and ready to root the ads, but right when they´re spawning i got stunned by Tiamat for just the time they need to run to the Cleric.
  • usaorganizerusaorganizer Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Just to share my 2 cents with you, I really get mad when I manage to pack a group of mobs, far from the Cleric, than a save-the-day-hero-DC comes and spread them all over the map....

I know exactly what you mean, and that happens just when I'm in the middle of coming at the ad mob with marauders to hit then with snares quick, which I end up wasting mid flight with a quick stop toward them wasting my melee encounter. Also if I've raced over to line up a seismic shock to get them into a nice cluster to prep to root together. BAM clerics blow them all over the place a quarter second later I waste a daily lol..

The only time I saw the DVs helpful with that spell was on the right side cleric I've seen them take the ads back toward the Dragon and knock them off the cliff, I have to hand it to the cleric with the control to do that I was impressed. It's not every time in tiamat you see one able to or know to do this.