test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

are you happy with neverwinter

Comments

• khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    Uncertain for the future
    It's never a good idea to remove content, and that's all they do, one way or another. This game is slowly going down the drain. Yeah I can jump in game and stab a few mobs in the face and have fun with that, but the overall experience is unrewarding and unsatisfying.
    I wanna know what the people that are happy with the game are on, and where I can get some. But seriously, Cryptic is trying to give you less and less, while demanding more and more. How are you happy? Is mediocrity acceptable to you? I get combat is fun, but by now that's all that's left. I don't want to hear none of that ignorant "well, the game is fee, so it's ok to be mrdiocre" cr@p.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Happy
    I think it all depends on what people want out of the game, that makes them happy or not. Honestly all I care about in the game are the campaign zones and getting my boons. I do not care about dungeons, skirmishes, and especially not about PvP. So I get my enjoyment in game by doing quests in Dread Ring and Sharandar.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    Unhappy
    I like AEs. As I said before, the nice thing about artifact equipment is that your investment in it is never rendered completely irrelevant. If they add a new artifact weapon, then you wait for double RP weekend (which, let's be frank, should be 24/7/365) and you're pretty close to where your artifact weapon was before.

Compare with, say, super rare weapon drops, that just became outright obsolete.

Don't get me wrong, I agree the refining process is pretty ridiculous in terms of how much RP you need. But conceptually I like artifact equipment.
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Uncertain for the future
    I've seen some great updates on preview, such as indomitable runestones getting fixed. Adding new incentives to play content, new pvp gameplay among other things.

And on the other hand there's the EXP nerf, the dragons hoard nerf, the leadership gateway removal and alot of things

So i really can't say the future, I'm kinda laid back at the moment. I'm kinda in a transition stage where I play a little bit everyday with my guild in dungeons, an occasional pvp or two, level up some alts and do leadership everyday without actually trying to develop my main character and stacking resources...

The truth is I'm waiting for the monk class, this is where my epic journey will begin ;)
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
    Unhappy
    Just wait for a double RP weekend. If you refine an artifact belt into an artifact belt during a double RP weekend, the outcome is about as high rank (maybe 3 levels lower) as the original belt. Same with a cloak into a cloak or a weapon into a weapon.

Reason why it was painful for this mod was because people hadn't had artifact belts/cloaks/off-hand weapons laying around.

That and some people probably didn't consider double RP weekend.

What's really trying is getting the armor sets. I'm stuck with iLevel 122 gear for those.
  • dwarf75dwarf75 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    Unhappy
    unhappy...
    before mod 5 u don't really have to pay real money that much. just epic mount and companion. with mod 5 u can earn AD in legit ways doing DD in 1 hour u can easily get70-80 k AD. Now with mod 6 i can't find a way to make AD. they closed all the ways. the only option is to pay real money.
  • reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    Unhappy
    The game used to be fun to casually play now it feels as grindy as a generic Korean mmo.
    The few fun things give no rewards and the hardest things T2's give no rewards.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Unhappy
    To be honest, i would be just fine, if they would change a few things before Strongholds add even more problems to the game:
    + being able to run Dread Ring and Sharandar with any class and any path on level 70 with rare gear on it, without the need to group up for anything
    + getting the equipment "sets" from the campaigns, without having to grind days for a single item
    + receiving a reasonable amount of xp from any daily quest, and not just the vigilance quests and/or in the future the Stronghold quests
    + bringing the damage and hitpoints from all NPCs back to a more reasonable level
    + last but not least, giving companions a reasonable amount of hitpoints
    ... and all of these small changes should not take weeks or even months to be patched. If the Devs have enough free time on their hands to mess with things, that were working fine, it should not be a problem for them to clean up the mess they created this far too.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    Happy
    There is alot of thing I can't stand in Neverwinter, but as things stand now I really do still enjoy playing it and thus I have to say happy. If Stronghold fails that might change, I have taken alook on the preview and think they are going in the right direction.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    Unhappy
    I think it all depends on what people want out of the game, that makes them happy or not. Honestly all I care about in the game are the campaign zones and getting my boons. I do not care about dungeons, skirmishes, and especially not about PvP. So I get my enjoyment in game by doing quests in Dread Ring and Sharandar.

Let me reword this to clearspeak in the context of this poll:

"I'm perfectly happy with the game as it was a year ago."
  • arbuz1arbuz1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Unhappy
    regenerde wrote: »
    To be honest, i would be just fine, if they would chance a few things before Strongholds add even more problems to the game:
    + being able to run Dread Ring and Sharandar with any class and any path on level 70 with rare gear on it, without the need to group up for anything
    + getting the equipment "sets" from the campaigns, without having to grinding days for a single item
    + receiving a reasonable amount of xp from any daily quest, and not just the vigilance quests and/or in the future the Stronghold quests
    + bringing the damage and hitpoints from all NPCs back to a more reasonable level
    + last but not least, giving companions a reasonable amount of hitpoints
    ... and all of these small changes should not take weeks or even months to be patched. If the Devs have enough free time on their hands to mess with things, that were working fine, it should not be a problem for them to clean up the mess they created this far too.

Same here...
  • locksanpocketslocksanpockets Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    Unhappy
    Unhappy because the game is exceedingly difficult for just one main character to get their boons and get the refinements, and outright hostile towards alternate characters.

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Uncertain for the future

You simply cant say you listened to feedback and then implement 100% reverse direction of said feedback (FEEDback: vigilance quests are boring and grind from 60-70 is extremely repetitive)
    Then they said, they listened and GAVE us more experience per quest.. BUT they failed to mention they were INCREASING the amount of required experience to ABOVE the original amount and the addition experience per quest WOULD make up less of a percentage then before the change!

In fact it may be the most important feedback of all, as its a extremely important item to discuss with the team.
    Post edited by lewstelamon01 on
  • linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Unhappy
    Totally unhappy. I am having a blast playing other games ATM and will likely stay that way. I find I spend 99% of my NWO time in these forums trying to make sense of what this game has/is become rather than actually playing the game. As for spending money.... not going to happen here ever again. I don't like having things I pay for taken away by the one who sold it to me. I have no respect for con artists and really, that is what I see going on here.

Pretty much ditto...

Additionally, NW offers very good reference points. The main positive of NW is the base engine and graphics, and that has raised the bar for me when hunting for other games both mmo and solo which has saved me a lot of time and fuss. Also, when I have and continue to find games that are alike NW and in some cases better engine wise, NW's management and use of the base engine via policies and the things many are up in arms about here, offer VERY good contrast medium for appreciation of those games that are sanely run and presented (ie solo games)

New MMO owners...come here, observe and simply do the REVERSE, and youll be up to your ears with an endlessly loyal player base.
    Post edited by linoge63 on
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Uncertain for the future
    silverkelt wrote: »
    -SNIP-You simply cant say you listened to feedback and then implement 100% reverse direction of said feedback (FEEDback: vigilance quests are boring and grind from 60-70 is extremely repetitive) -SNIP-

I concur with this.
    In the same breath, however, I also want to point out that the actual Developers at coding keyboards also must answer to bosses. And those bosses can and will and often override player feedback all the time.

It is a basic rule of thumb that feedback coming through forums is feedback you don;t want to put too much weight into because those are more often than not you elite players, etc. Rather you return to the data you have, and Cryptic has a lot of that which we just are not privy to.

Unfortunately it appears that they (Cryptic Devs/Managers/whomever) actually HAS listened to feedback: that feedback that the game was too easy, that it has become boring because; NO CHALLENGE ... and whatnot. Of course this feedback was coming from the elitist crowd who apparently don't have lives who sit around playing games for eight hours a day and likely have invested in that expensive gaming gear like 20-button mice, etc.

As for bugs and other requests (kill the farking armor enchantment visuals please!): I know better than to hold my breath on that. The problem: the development schedule is too vigorous. Three or four mods a year? Are you crazy? No wonder bugs are never getting fixed: the Devs just don;t have the time and anyone familiar with running a business already knows that just hiring more people is a really stupid suggestion.

So all we can do is to keep giving the feedback. If the Devs can implement it AND it meshes with the mountain of data they have AND it fits into the big picture AND some producer doesn't shoot the idea down then it will happen.

The simple fact of the matter is: this game is worth every penny you paid to create an account and it's Cryptic's house; their rules. We are only guests here. If the temperature is too hot or too cold we can deal with it for bid adieu.

No, I am not an apologist for Cryptic. They run their business the way they choose. For now: it's still just a little more fun for me than it is painful. But that giant pendulum keeps swinging away from the fun side over to the painful side, slowly, deliberately, menacingly. It's almost at the halfway mark for me right now.
  • cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Unhappy
    Unhappy, leadership must be returned to the gateway.

If they really thinks this affects any bot situation, update leadership tasks at a later date to adds incentives for longer running tasks that make players less likely to feel thr need or gain advantage from botting it.

There's also no reason the best tasks sould take 4 or 8 hours. The 14-16 hour tasksare very annoying since it interferes with a normal schedule. Re balancing the tasks based on 18 hour times seems like it could be more effective.

Their current approach is completely ignorant of history and every mmo ever.
  • linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Unhappy
    I am super sure that soon after the release of module 6 Cryptic saw a HUGE expansion on its sales, but now the depression is already comming. Does anyone here have the guts to recomend neverwinter for anyone nowadays? Anyone that is not disposed to buy his/her way to the top is already leaving and even the P2W players have no reason to play as they will soon have no one to pay to win over anymore. If you spend hundreds or even thousands of dolars to win and everything you receive is "being like the other guys" the formula is wrong.

and i am not entirely against selling power per se. But there is a limit on how much advantage it should give. If it gives no advantage those players will not want to spend in the game and if the advantage is too much the other players will not want to stay.

Now the advantage is too much. And its a sad day when everytime you see a full BiS player the first thing you think is "poket warrior" cause ALL of then are. Oh there are some that just use 50 alts to farm AD, that in gameplay sense is the same thing. [/quote]

I think pay to play is fine and in fact i enjoy that option, and will spend my coin on games that dont steal my gains back by changing content that i already conquored and making the gear i paid for useless. (leave alone selling items that say they do one thing and dont, and nothing is done to correct it)
    When game managers do what they have done in mod 6 to those willing to spend money and lots of it, that when the game has set into motion some very blue mondays ahead, for these players have connections and yes...money talks.
  • sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    Uncertain for the future
    I love this game, but voted uncertain for the future.

What I see on preview is great. There is clearly a lot of work having gone into it, and kudos to the dev team for it.
    However, the feedback on themes such as the XP change is near unanimous from those that have posted in the forums and yet remains the same.

The XP rewarded from quest in strongholds is claimed to go some way towards balancing this issue out, but I'm suspicious that they will be adjusted before release. Maybe that'll make it "more rewarding".

Whilst I appreciate the decent amount of XP in SH, I cannot fathom why the company think this will fix the issue rather than changing elemental evil XP back to an appropriate level which would arguably be
    a) Easier,
    b) give the playerbase the feeling they're not just talking to a wall, and
    c) retain more players to spend money on the game when SH is released

I feel uncertain because at times the company looks like its trying to drive players away and kill it's own game
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    Unhappy
    Sigh . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • duryntedurynte Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    Happy
    Happy.
    When there is no lag, I very much enjoy playing my HRs. Then, they are not rubberbanded back into the reds, and it is fun to unleash all of what they have in quiver, do a dance all around the mobs.
    Then, it is fun to pug in zone and help each other.

Today I’ve had a lucky no lag playing hour.
    My rating is, I feel, a little bit biased therefore, and there are days I’m a bit of the opposite opinion. But since I know sometimes all is smooth like today, I’d still rate happy overall.
    Even if I very much do not like the vigilance wall.
    I have seen two foundries already, and enjoyed those too.

As for strongsholds, I’m not sure about it yet.
    Maybe some guilds could make use of a mercenary once in a while.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Uncertain for the future
    silverkelt wrote: »
    It is a basic rule of thumb that feedback coming through forums is feedback you don;t want to put too much weight into because those are more often than not you elite players, etc. Rather you return to the data you have, and Cryptic has a lot of that which we just are not privy to.

Unfortunately it appears that they (Cryptic Devs/Managers/whomever) actually HAS listened to feedback: that feedback that the game was too easy, that it has become boring because; NO CHALLENGE ... and whatnot. Of course this feedback was coming from the elitist crowd who apparently don't have lives who sit around playing games for eight hours a day and likely have invested in that expensive gaming gear like 20-button mice, etc.[/i][/b]

+/-. take ALL the solo adventure for example: for some classes/trees+moderate/top gear, the game still easy. so, for that players, the difference is 0. no one, elitist or casual, is more or less happy because of that.

the problem is: instead to create difficult selections (mini dungeons/foundrys), que improviments for the epic dungeons, etc - note: iam not sure if is possible, but is the necessary - they made everthing a general balance decision.

GOOD THINGS COME TO THAT, and you have now a chance to do a lot of omelets (like AC improvements against monsters for main defenders/Anointed Champions) but, for good or bad, the demand - difficult selection - stay.
  • lizicslizics Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Uncertain for the future
    Uncertain leaning to Unhappy

For me a lot will come down to the leadership changes if they remain permanent or evolve someway. And how well I like Stronghold pve. My guild is too small to be effective in SH pvp.

I see no path right now for a casual player to upgrade enchants without spending real $ and a lot of it. Sure you can make some AD everyday in game but you need millions and millions. With ~26 enchant slots the amount of AD required is substantial! There are very few options for casual or even serious players to make the millions of AD required to progress.
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    Uncertain for the future
    magenubbie wrote: »
    khimera906 wrote: »
    It's never a good idea to remove content, and that's all they do, one way or another. This game is slowly going down the drain. Yeah I can jump in game and stab a few mobs in the face and have fun with that, but the overall experience is unrewarding and unsatisfying.
    I wanna know what the people that are happy with the game are on, and where I can get some. But seriously, Cryptic is trying to give you less and less, while demanding more and more. How are you happy? Is mediocrity acceptable to you? I get combat is fun, but by now that's all that's left. I don't want to hear none of that ignorant "well, the game is fee, so it's ok to be mrdiocre" cr@p.
    How are people happy? It's not that hard to be honest.

Sure, Lostmeal often cheats his way into eating you, but that only increases the fun when you made it.

Just tonight my guild's OP OP took a few new-but-ready-gearwise people into EToS, just to prepare them for what's ahead, but with no we-must-finish-or-we-will-be-upset-like intentions. They made it to the boss with surprisingly few issues. A few deaths here and there, but so far a fun test run for the people involved. Yes, the boss required a bit more discipline from the team than they had expected and eventually they gave up for the day after reaching the second stage, but they learned something and did something new. Not too shabby for a bunch of "new" players. They have set a new goal for themselves that is within reaching distance, unlike refining. With a little more practice, they will be able to finish the run. How's that not fun?

It's thinking about the people behind the game that makes you worry. Not everything is purely about getting seals or that next piece of equipment and refinement. You'll get there eventually. Enjoy the road that leads to it.

That's not really being happy with the state of the game, as a whole. It's just having some fun, and I can admit there's fun to be had here and there. But the game ... the game is a mess. I can't be happy because I used to love this game and I had high expectations from it. We're at a point where the devs compare the game to worst MMOs just to make it look good by comparisons. That's laughable. I hold Neverwinter to a higher standard than this.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
    edited July 2015
    Unhappy
    I'm just waiting for Underdark. Allegedly written by RA Salvatore or something, meaning that someone at WotC probably decided "Hey, remember that crappy MMO that is using our IP? No, the other one. Yeah, why don't we try and link our content to that thing as a cross promotional thing? What's that? It's being torn apart from the inside by players hating how it's being managed? PFFT, not our problem, if the effort that goes into it turns out to be nothing, it'll be Salvatore that's on the line!"

Post edited by lewstelamon01 on
This discussion has been closed.