test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bugged coupons

metalsabrwolfmetalsabrwolf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 59 Arc User
edited July 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I am not sure if I am the only one that is having this issue but when I try to use the coupon for 40% an enchanted key it was state at first 75 zen but when I try to finalize the purchase it goes back to the normal price and the coupon cannot be selected in the box for coupon.

disregard this. it now seems to be working not sure why

Comments

• wlinazwlinaz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    I have run into this occasionally...
    Next time try moving the coupon to another open inventory slot. I don't know why this works
    but it does seem to sync things up.
  • metalsabrwolfmetalsabrwolf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 59 Arc User
    thanks for the help. i'll try that next time.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Go to the zen store, start the process of buying the item, and then select the coupon in the drop down. Don't double click the coupons or it bugs. I've done this and it works every time (30+ keys). So go straight to the store and then use the coupon, instead of double clicking it.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    jimmyhar wrote: »
    Not sure whether you'd call it a bug or a quirk or a sneaky/cynical ploy but the way it works is this:

1. Double-click the coupon. The Zen store opens showing you the key at the reduced price.

2. Click the buy button. The screen shows the buy dialog with the *full* price and with a coupon pull-down list that has no coupon selected.

3. Select the copuon in that list and the price is reduced to what you expected

4. Click buy.

So you still have to select the coupon at the "checkout" despite having kicked off by using it. It's caught a few folk out.

That is what I have been doing and I have not seen the bug (yet).

An additional way to protect yourself from overpaying is:
    if you use Zxchg to get Zen, leave the Zen in Zxchg. Withdraw the exact amount for the purchase before gong to Zen store (directly or indirectly). If the coupon is not applied, you cannot buy the item and you cannot overpay.

However, if you buy the Zen using money, it is not applicable.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • bumfluffbobbumfluffbob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User

plasticbat wrote: »
    if you use Zxchg to get Zen, leave the Zen in Zxchg. Withdraw the exact amount for the purchase before gong to Zen store (directly or indirectly). If the coupon is not applied, you cannot buy the item and you cannot overpay.

Does this work? AFAIK, you need to have enough zen to pay the full amount before you can apply a coupon. ICBW.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    plasticbat wrote: »

Does this work? AFAIK, you need to have enough zen to pay the full amount before you can apply a coupon. ICBW.

It should. ZEN not booked to your characters account, but on the ZAX balance, simply cannot be spent. Probably an anti-botting sry -fraud feature.
  • samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    wlinaz wrote: »
    I have run into this occasionally...
    Next time try moving the coupon to another open inventory slot. I don't know why this works
    but it does seem to sync things up.

This worked for me, thanks
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited July 2015

It works. I was doing that almost everyday when the coupon dropped from every bag. My char keeps 0 Zen. All the zen are store in ZAX. To get a 40% off key, I withdraw 75 Zen.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***