test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 7 Dungeons?

balorinbalorin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
Ok the last update on the preview is just launched. but there are still no new or old dungeons at the horizon.

We lost a ton of fun with mod 6 considering all the dungeons missing.

I sincerly hope this module is not again a module without dungeons ! our "true" last dungeon is from the module 4 with The Lair of Losmauth.

The name of that licence is Dungeons and Dragons and not "Heroic encounters and Dragons"

So the Guild stronghold is welcome, of course, but i hope mod 7 is not only this big map full of brainless heroic encounters.

Heroic encounters don't bring any enjoyement on the table due to a big lack of designr-strategy, they are stomped by a crowd or they are ignored.

I m not fond about heroic encounters i understand it's an intresting feature to crowd open aera, but you guys tend to use that a lot as "PVE feature" since mod 3 until today with an extremly poor focus about "true dungeons"

To resume in two years we had only 3 "true new dungeons" Malabog, Valindra and Lair of Lostmauth. (i don't count tiamat it's not a dungeon it's a Random people Gigantic Heroic encounter, clearly not a raid in a consensual way)

So my question is short.

When we can expect to have (old or new) dungeons? in Neverwinter online?
Thank you.

Comments

• clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I doubt they will be back in mod 7, this new stronghold feature will probably consume all their time.

I also have to add, if they do manage to bring them back and they have boss battles like in ToS or Grey Wolf, then nobody will do them anyway, most will likely just keep on doing Cragmire (for reasons one cannot openly mention here).
    Post edited by clericalist on
  • reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    The devs said they are not back for mod 7.
  • gom8gom8 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    really? they are not going to be back??? that is... well fairly pathetic, but not unexpected simply by looking at the history of "unfixed" bugs, that have lasted months or years, and often only get fixed when it begins to cause "problems"
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    no castle never was the best!
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    I think it has something to do with queues
  • skitzopyroskitzopyro Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    General laziness and lack of foresight. Could have put the dungeons back weeks ago, unchanged and players would be happy. Instead they are pigeonholing us into playing minimal dungeons/skirmishes/daily quests.
  • cambo1682cambo1682 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 164 Arc User
    It would be extremely disappointing if they do not bring the dungeons back. The heart of the game was dungeon crawls. Good fun with 4 of your friends and the hope of a super rare drop...basically treasure seeking, gearing up or finally beating the ellusive boss that you never could defeat. I know for many, myself included, I've hung on in the hopes they return to that play style, the forumla that was actually successful and working, or so we thought. This game did not need many of the changes they have introduced (or reintroduced and passed off as new content). They could have left it well enough alone and added an epic, CN style dungeon every four to six months instead of what they have turned this into. Making it more challenging would have been fine with new level stat curves, imho they bit off way more than they could chew with mod 6 and threw out a ton of what was good about this game in the process.
  • beck54beck54 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    There were loads of great dungeons. When/if they do come back we all know the Dread Vault will be first lol
  • skitzopyroskitzopyro Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    Dungeon crawl and skirmishes are now pretty much reduced down to only during the events. There's no reason to run dungeons at any other time. The queue times reflect this too at how it takes FOREVER to get into a group even during the events.
  • matiagronxmatiagronx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 251 Arc User
    I m sure they have a perfectly good explanation, as with every absurd change this game has seen. The point though is that these "beyond ANY reason" changes keep pushing people away from game. Its impossible to do something about it so you either wait it out while cursing them for ruining your entertainment which they initially provided or you just forget about NW and give your precious time and money elsewhere, which doesnt have to be the online gaming industry of course.
  • feralplatypusferalplatypus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    I've been thinking about the very same question - when, if ever, will all the old dungeons be back? re-worked to mod 6? can we hope they'll be back?

Farming those blasted seals of protector is such a drag when there are so few dungeons to run. And we're gonna need still more seals, if I understand it right.

Give us back our dungeons, please :(
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    Honestly... there is a ton of stuff to do in the SH map, now. Tons of orcs, orogs, ogres and other mobs and smaller easier HE's. When I first entered there were only 3 major HE's, now there are about 10 minor HE's as well. There are quests that make you head to all of the old campaign areas and runs DD content. There are also farming quests, like the kill 100 monsters in the area, kill some owlbears and kill 10 orcs on maiden lane.

I will be spending a lot more time in there... now.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    drkbodhi wrote: »
    Honestly... there is a ton of stuff to do in the SH map, now. Tons of orcs, orogs, ogres and other mobs and smaller easier HE's. When I first entered there were only 3 major HE's, now there are about 10 minor HE's as well. There are quests that make you head to all of the old campaign areas and runs DD content. There are also farming quests, like the kill 100 monsters in the area, kill some owlbears and kill 10 orcs on maiden lane.

I will be spending a lot more time in there... now.

More ecounters and easy mobs? thats not a D&D game, gimme dungeons >.<
  • suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    One of the biggest surprises awaiting me when I returned to the game after long time away (left just before mod 2 was released) was the lack of dungeons. Not only are there fewer dungeons, everyone is just running ONE all the time, for reasons that I won't go into.

Thankfully a lot of other content had been released since I left, which has kept me busy so far, but without that the lack of dungeons would see my interest in game fade quickly.
  • mok33mok33 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    Heroic encounters and Dragons has a nice ring to it...
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    I thought they would come back sooner.

Its increasingly hard to keep people with limited endgame content. There are the other reasons doing that is hard but lacking a carrot its kind of rough.
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    suxip01111 wrote: »
    Thankfully a lot of other content had been released since I left, which has kept me busy so far, but without that the lack of dungeons would see my interest in game fade quickly.

Hence... That is only one of the reasons why there has been an all-inclusive Exodus of long time players... away from Egypt.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    Most players wont touch new dungeon unless:

1. they're lag free
    2. they're short (like eLoL)
    3. they have a chance to drop some unique or powerful items that can be sold for lot's of AD

• commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Really miss CN and epic DV.
    They were good challenge.

Even PK farm was better than circling in IWD/WOD or Dreadring mini lair farm.

Adding Refine to HEs was nice move in mod6 and I appreciate the normalized peridot prices.
    But come on it should be added to dungeons too!

I really like eCC/TOS/GWD but after farming the set there is no point.
    Really love to farm instance if there were some peridot/aquamarine(/something to sell) in loot/chest. And not just one peridot...!

Stronghold is nice and all and I appreciate the new pvp mode and the guilds will be more bonded which will be a good thing but I really want to test those Stronghold boons on new hard dungeons.(and not just on short Lol type dungeons)

And yes its D&D not HE&D
    stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • darwinsradiodarwinsradio Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    lets just be honest in a game this size and age there should be 50 dungeons not 3.

But it seems to me the Devs have a different idea for how to build the game content and dungeons don't seem to be in their plans. Cant for the life of me understand that. Most of my friends don't like the game because there are no dungeon crawls, not all dungeons should be short some of them should be a session long endeavor taking several hours to complete. Longer dungeons would have to have better treasure to make them worthwhile as well.
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    Can't believe we're going to run the same dungeons over and over again for zillion more months. I just feel like screaming.
  • dulcemadulcema Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I doubt they will be back in mod 7, this new stronghold feature will probably consume all their time.

I also have to add, if they do manage to bring them back and they have boss battles like in ToS or Grey Wolf, then nobody will do them anyway, most will likely just keep on doing Cragmire (for reasons one cannot openly mention here).

Hmmn my guild does ETOS every day to get protector seals for the Elven gear. No need to exploit in other dungeons just make sure you have a good cleric, a good tank and some ranged classes to control the adds.

35923643-f9fe-4545-86b5-64c8335094bb.jpg
  • balorinbalorin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Mod 4 8 august 2014.
    Mod 7 11 august 2015.

Mod 6 2/3 dungeons off.

One year and may be more, without a new 5 people dungeon.

Can we have an official explanation about this lack of 5 people dungeons, for a DnD game plz?
  • ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    The new development team doesn't spend any time on new content. Only on new grind. It's easy to make people redo existing junk over and over, rather than introduce new content.
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    Not in Preview. Mod 7 has actually nothing to do with Dungeons and Dragons or Neverwinter. It is simply there to make you donate everything you have, including your time.
  • reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    healary wrote: »
    Not in Preview. Mod 7 has actually nothing to do with Dungeons and Dragons or Neverwinter. It is simply there to make you donate everything you have, including your time.

Makes me wonder if after we have emptied our pockets they will add new ranks to the current campaign trees.
  • reposterzreposterz Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    The devs promised to bring back old dungeons in an earlier dev notice during June. It is almost time for the New Mod. A lot of my friends and family say if old dungeons make it back the ideal scenario would be there for them to come back. My low level 40+ scourge warlock is still looking for old dungeons to come back to help me level up and learn about my character properly and encouraging newer players to coop with me in dungeons... so please devs try to live up to your word.

Thanks for reading.
  • kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    dungeons and dragons without dungeons,so sad
    and there they go again giving the players old things again
    its like they take away your old car and after a couple of weeks they give it back to you with aire freshener,and say o look you get a new car with upgrades and its better now