test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unbinding campanions/mounts must be possible, how do I do this?

ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 28 Arc User
After much grinding for a pig companion, I finally have one, yet I was poleaxed when i saw that it had bound to my character, when I wanted the pig for another alt of mine. What is strange is that it is still giving me the option to "bind" in the options (as I have not yet used/activated the pig).

I've seen pig companions, blue ribbon pigs etc on the auction house and these only come from the summer event, so one can assume that there is a way to unbind these items from a character. How is this done?

If it can be done, i'm sure it will sting me for 'X' amount of astral diamonds, but thats not a worry.

Any advice will be welcome.

Comments

• Options
    ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Ok Nevermind, the ones in the AH are all won from the events (1sst place) so they seem to have different rules than the petal store....
  • Options
    rooirusdrooirusd Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I'm sitting with the same Please somebody there must be away to unbind Help Please
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    You cannot unbind it.
    The one you get it from Petal store states "Bind on Pick up".
    The one you get it from "drop" is "Bind on Equip" which is the one you can sell/trade/etc.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Companion "bind" UI is also where you name it, which changes it from an inventory item to an equipped companion (active or idle). Even BoP companions start as inventory items.

All mounts are inventory items except when equipped. The only real difference with BoP ones is there's no warning before you use them since they're already bound.

And nope, there is no way to unbind anything.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    ye poor souls :/
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────