test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Epic Contest: Drowned Shore Foundry Style

Comments

• maegmaagmaegmaag Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Oh, that murky 60, right, but that also has no collision at all (and like 100ft height). Well an exception, but wondering why all the other are not like that one (or called differently). Dont know if that one may cause any issues like the other (guess no).

edit: Figured it out: that 60x60x90 should be called Water Volume, which is fx volume with additional "ripple" fx at its top, contrary to Water Plane, which is collision plane with a "ripple" fx above it (there is still some "splash" fx volume).
    Post edited by maegmaag on
    dAuGVxU.png
    A bit nosy NW-DKG7E99X6
    "Hardcore" exploration journey and dungeon crawl. Read its description prior to trying it.
  • waryurwaryur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    Found a path through the invisible walls on the map! Can now connect the top and bottom areas of map. So my frustrations have lessened, now that I have a creative work around that teleporters couldn't manage. Yay!
    Hidden Valley Ranch - NW-DPNGENL6E D&D Adventures Part I
    House of 1000 Corpses - NW-DIEYVLCML D&D Adventures Part II
    Well of Dragons - NW-DTPJEKZCT Third Place Winner CotD Foundry Contest
    It's Just a Flesh Wound Pt. 1 - NW-DM8GHAME2 Monty Python!
    It's Just a Flesh Wound Pt. 2 - NW-DFADOS4EX Monty Python!
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    grats on finding the path! Was it between two peaks? .. Thats where I usually fly over.. haven't found any footpath tho ;D

My teleporter is pretty fun I think though ;D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    waryur wrote: »
    Found a path through the invisible walls on the map! Can now connect the top and bottom areas of map. So my frustrations have lessened, now that I have a creative work around that teleporters couldn't manage. Yay!

Did you find a path all the way into the mine area?? I found a ground path to the gate/wood fence and then made a teleporter through the fence.​​
    edited July 2015
    Toronto - Yes, between the two peaks. No footpath, but it opens to the ground so you'll have to create a footpath from the ground to climb.

Eldarth - Not a ground path to the mine area. But it starts on the ground. It would require creative building to get there, but at least it's a way that doesn't require teleporters.

Below are some pictures. Bear is mind it is not a wide path, and there are other gaps in the invisible walls to the right and left of the path that take you behind them where players can get stuck.

Here's where on the 2D map. The assets you see on the map are flaming haybales.

drown1_zpsemetk0va.png

Starting on the ocean side, here's where on the ground level. Flaming haybales is the path. There's a cave right beneath them that may need to be blocked.

drown2_zpszx3n8bix.png

Straight up the y axis from the previous picture. Can see the path of hay bales leading up the slope to the two peaks. Go between the two peaks to enter the mine area.

drown3_zpshimmdxzw.png

This is a bird's eye view. The right side is where the path of haybales past the gap in the invisible walls. The center is between two peaks, invisible walls on either side. On the left side is the mine area. Seems to me that there are no wonky walls to get through, it's clean and even, essentially, until that gap.

drown4_zpsrd9h6szd.png

So, you can build ramps/debris, or whatever, to get up to that gap in the peaks. Or maybe even teleport up to that peak and they can jump down. But you can get from the ground of one side, to the other, using this path, with some ramp building.
    edited July 2015
    Nice. Here's some of my paths.

Purple - (existing*) Pike Fence blocking mine pass
    Green - Teleporters
    Red - "scout" footpath to mines pass
    Dark Blue - new "troop" path thru "dwarven tunnel" to mines pass
    Light Blue - new post-tidal wave flooded "coastline"

* What Cryptic genius ADDED this to the Foundry map?!? WTH.

a3447fcd073cef5d12dc900f252445d2.jpg
    ​​
    eldarth wrote: »
    * What Cryptic genius ADDED this to the Foundry map?!? WTH.
    ​​

Agreed. Several maps are like this. I'll have to see if the ones I found are on your bug list.

Question though, how are you getting the teleporters to work? I can't get mine placed at ground level for some reason. Changing all the axis, etc. Adjusted in 2D and 3D.
    Hah! Great minds think alike. ;D

My teleporter departs from the wooden fence too, and my thin blue coastline is the same. ;D

@waryur yea those are the peaks I fly over, nice job on the marking of the path tho =D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    Thanks for all the fish.
    Question though, how are you getting the teleporters to work? I can't get mine placed at ground level for some reason. Changing all the axis, etc. Adjusted in 2D and 3D.

did you change em all to zero altitude? [incl the invisible third 'part']? (search the component tree)
    Thanks for all the fish.

did you change em all to zero altitude? [incl the invisible third 'part']? (search the component tree)

No... didn't know there was a third part... no wonder.... thanks!!! Thought it was a problem from all the invisible walls.
    Yes, teleporters you really need to set all three pieces in the component tree to Relative Zero - and then I never, ever adjust them in the 3-d editor, I only edit the x/y/z properties. And I think the rotation is still in radians not degrees.​​
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    was the teleport bug fixed? (I mean the one in testing mode when you use it and it completes all of your objectives)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    reiwulf wrote: »
    was the teleport bug fixed? (I mean the one in testing mode when you use it and it completes all of your objectives)

Nope. Makes testing extremely annoying/tedious as you pretty much need to move spawn position to the teleporter destination if you want to test any story objectives on that side of the teleporter.​​
  • xetmk24xetmk24 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    Do we have to incorporate the upper levels of the map? Because I focused only on the shore part.
    Echo of the Ancient - NW-DT2ABLPD2 - The Wizards forces are pillaging ruins of the ancient, elven kingdom of Illefarn. In order to stop them, you need to lead your party through old, abandoned mines. But beware... you are not alone there...
    xetmk24 wrote: »
    Do we have to incorporate the upper levels of the map? Because I focused only on the shore part.

Nope. Just has to mainly focus on whatever part of that map you'd like. The mines area is just a small portion anyway.​​
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Do you guys want me to sticky this?

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Do you guys want me to sticky this?

Sure -- you could unsticky the Portal contest as well since it's completed.​​
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Doneeeee! Extra e's cause it's too short!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    Last test, 3 maps, 45 min and still a lot of things to do!!
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
    are we allowed to use several copies of the same map with some changes for variation?
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited July 2015
    reiwulf wrote: »
    are we allowed to use several copies of the same map with some changes for variation?

Woot, I hope so! Or I'll need to delete one map. I have 2 copies of "Blackdagger Ruins West", and probably I'll use one more.

Oh dam!!, I just read (again) the requeriments, and I'm wondering if we can only use the outdoor map of "Blackdagger Ruins West", because I'm using another outdoor map AS an indoor map.

To resume:

Maps:

- Black Dagger Ruins West" I will use it 3 times in total.
    - Coast Medium (used as an indoor map, but it's an outdoor map...) :'(

I think I still have time to change it. I would know what do you all think about it.
    You spawn up there:
    23603763_screenshot_2015-06-07-14-19-49.jpg

And going down, down, down, through the rabbit hole:
    23603768_screenshot_2015-07-08-22-08-31.jpg

To a giant underwater cave: (It will be covered with cave assets so the sky is not visible)
    23603774_screenshot_2015-07-10-21-02-38.jpg

23603775_screenshot_2015-07-10-22-02-20.jpg

23603776_screenshot_2015-07-10-22-02-28.jpg
    Post edited by valcontar73 on

Foundry Grand Master.
    ah okay, it's probably allowed then, thanks!
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    Oh dam!!, I just read (again) the requeriments, and I'm wondering if we can only use the outdoor map of "Blackdagger Ruins West", because I'm using another outdoor map AS an indoor map.

Yeah, I'd have to agree that is fine since it's really just using an empty map as an indoor space.
    I'll add an "indoor" exception kind of clause.

​​
    Clarified map requirement:
    • Outdoor Map(s): Blackdagger Ruins West
      (Using an "empty" outdoor map to create a complete "indoor" environment is okay - but Blackdagger Ruins West must be the "only" outdoor environment map - although multiple copies/uses are okay)
    ​​
    Here's a little teaser of what I'm working on.. It's still incomplete. Thanks again for the tip on side-by-side objectives, Eldarth. It really cleaned things up!

ZMCKEHm.jpg
    Thanks for all the fish.
    Here's a little teaser of what I'm working on.. It's still incomplete. Thanks again for the tip on side-by-side objectives, Eldarth. It really cleaned things up!

Guess the only thing that can be said is "Cool!" B)

​​
    just updated mine, im nearing final version..

went to have a look at the competition, and eldarth has an access lock pin code on his! ;D what a tease!

Thanks for all the fish.
    went to have a look at the competition, and eldarth has an access lock pin code on his! ;D what a tease!

That.... is rather brilliant. You can do your live testing (especially with the teleporter bug not fixed) without worrying about trolls and snarky reviews about the quest being incomplete. Think I know how to set that up. Great idea.
    Well if any of you play mine (I don't care) I still have a lot of issues with the water map and patrols, and there are a lot of "bla bla bla" dialogs XD, so well... don't be scared, the final result will be a bit (only a bit) better :wink:

Foundry Grand Master.

D'oh! Forgot to unpublish it! Good thing I installed that pin code! :smiley:

​​