test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This pay model. Really?

I just downloaded this game and started playing it 2 days ago. I think I have a total of maybe 16 hrs play time and hit level 30. I still cannot figure out how to do the big dungeons, but over all I am impressed with the game. Now, I got to thinking, I might invest in paying you for you hard work by ordering some Zen and unlocking a few more features. Now unless I am missing something you want to charge me $200 to play a Dark Elf? Unless I am missing something I have to buy an entire pack that would in most other FTP games offer me basic game features and some character slots I am essentially being charged $200 to play a race. A race that central to the theme of the World in question. $200! Really? I could purchase GTA 5, and pre-order Fallout 4 and still have $100 left.

First off...I said your game was good but it's NEVER going to be THAT good! You seriously need to come off what ever it is your smoking and take a good look at other lucrative pay models and get real with your Zen....because this folks is what they call delusional!

Second - I looked at the reward for the keys that you are charging 125 Zen per box....come on guys you are ally are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> your fan base. Yes I are and not very lovingly with these prices.

I like this game and I think there are a lot of people that would be interested in playing it and paying for it if you only offered something realistic in your Zen market. Don't be the dumb jerks that made Archage and claimed it was free to play only to offer a tiny fraction of the playable game and then charged and arm and a leg just to get what you would normally get if you purchased WoW or something and paid a $15 a month sub fee. From what I can see you do not even have that.

You guys need to really get over yourselves this is insane.

Comments

• iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    You can play a Drow totally for free , the one in the 200 dollar pack is no better than the free one.As for the keys , most free to play games (infact every one I have played ) have some type of gambling system similar to the keys in Neverwinter e.g Eden eternal has the Crystal alter , grand fantasia has Alchemy clay etc etc .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    There is no playable content locked behind a pay wall BTW. All classes and dungeons are entirely accessible without paying and that is not even the stupid you can earn currency argument which I hate as much as any player.

In fact I despise DDO for the exact same pay wall reason.

I don't exactly like some prices in this shop but unlike many other free to play titles at the moment no content is blocked. Only convenience and cosmetics.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Aside from this being in the wrong section, much of it shows you limited experience with the game.

The only race you have to pay to unlock are the Dragonborn. The Drow have a free version as already mentioned.

The best "value for money pack" is the Feywild pack with the 110% mount, a race option, and a reasonable companion for levelling.

No critical content is locked out based on money spent, everything can be obtained by diligence and care in game. Money spent with care will get you to the end faster.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    This game has massive paywalls, but not in the areas you're describing.

Content is not locked and races are optional. What they do is make progression annoying and grind-heavy and sell convenience upgrades. More information can be found here:

http://blog.nwo-uncensored.com/elemental-evil-paywall-explained/

http://blog.nwo-uncensored.com/the-neverwinter-progression-paywall/

Http://blog.nwo-uncensored.com/celebration-of-lliira-event-review/
    Post edited by j0shi82 on
  • szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Yeah but you know developing games (all) isnt a charity. They have to make money on it. NW isnt very fresh player fiendly with grinding tons of things, yes, but its still F2P and you can buy all stuff form Zen Market with AD (thanks to ZAX). I have invested some real money but ZEN price in my country is really high. Still not bad, never bought any illegal AD, grinded all stuff by myself and have nice geared main toon.
    200_s.gif
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    you can buy all stuff form Zen Market with AD (thanks to ZAX)

Not the new legendary mounts.

Also don't forget farming AD in excess of the 24k RAD refinement limit per day is much more difficult as it was in the past. Almost all purchases can be converted to an AD cost, divide it by 24k per day and you can gauge how long it will take to obtain that item. 20M legendary mounts take 2.2 years.

The only real option is to managing an alt farm to feed a main character if you want to get "everything" in the game without paying RL money for it. Regardless of how much farming time you commit in game per day.
  • suldrasuldra Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Thanks for the feedback. Some of you though missed my point. I do not mind paying to play....my issue is excessive pay walls as some have pointed out. I am well aware of the work that goes into game development. However, I am a master at great marketing in the real world (This is what they call a job) and the marketing and priceing for their online store is rediculous. I am absolutly certain that by offering just the simplest cosmetics a reasonable prices will generate more money than the extortionist prices they are asking for here. Anyway for those that gave positive feed back I appreciate it.
  • j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    suldra wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback. Some of you though missed my point. I do not mind paying to play....my issue is excessive pay walls as some have pointed out. I am well aware of the work that goes into game development. However, I am a master at great marketing in the real world (This is what they call a job) and the marketing and priceing for their online store is rediculous. I am absolutly certain that by offering just the simplest cosmetics a reasonable prices will generate more money than the extortionist prices they are asking for here. Anyway for those that gave positive feed back I appreciate it.
    The F2P model currently experiences a cultural change. PWE is still doing what is more and more evidently no longer working: cater to whales. They will have to adjust or go down.

And don't forget Cryptic likes to play it safe, they are going to do what's necessary. At least that's what we hope.