test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anybody else experiencing this?

lootjunkielootjunkie Member Posts: 21 Arc User
Ever since Thursday's patch I can't play the game. Every time I log in, the game goes into file verification mode, verifies 87770 files, then proceeds through the usual loading screens up to the character selection screen. This is where it all falls apart. I select character and while the loading bar at the bottom of the screen is filling up, the game crashes and I am staring at my desktop and I get that "Oops, cryptic loading error" window. At first I thought that it was just an initial glitch with the patch that might be happening to everybody and that it would soon get cleared up. This does not appear to be the case as people are giving their feedback on these forums about the new patch. I am very tech "unsavvy", so any suggestions would be appreciated. I did give a brief description in the cryptic loading error message box but have not gone any further as yet with customer support. Did anyone else have this difficulty? I spent all my available funds on RP commodities and I hope I get to use them up before the double refining event ends :((

Comments

• adisonmakadisonmak Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    happened to me few times yesterday. my case is the client file was ok but my graphic card (gc) driver fails to load properly due to corrupt sector has something to do with it. after i perform clean reinstall for my gc, the game running fine.

But that is my case. yours might be different.
  • lootjunkielootjunkie Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Must have been a corrupted file. I uninstalled/reinstalled and I'm up and running, thanks for the input guys.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    I had exactly that problem. Contact support - in this case they're really helpful.
  • andikttnandikttn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 52 Arc User
    I have this error once in a very great while.. I always go to this file path, and delete the game preferences.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Neverwinter_en\Neverwinter\Live\localdata
    51zWV8f.png
    ńèЪùŁâ 70 acDC
    Nubula, Scrubula, Nutella, Ebola
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Simply select "options" at the top of the start-up window, then check the box next to "safe mode" and hit save. Then start the game. It should load fine.

You will need to expand the game window once it loads, as safe mode causes the game window to be small.

The bad thing about this is that you have to do the things above every time. It does not "save" the "safe mode" setting that you previosuly "saved." That part makes no sense.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • denouncerbastarddenouncerbastard Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I seem to be having the same problem in a way tho I havent never played this game before I still could fix it if I knew what was causing the problem ive tried uninstall delete gamepref. File tried flushing my dns and deleting all the hogg files in the pigg folder tried all the options on the start up on the game it crashes everytime I tried to choose a class when im creating a character I finally just said screw it and created the default class and I finally created it then I hit enter world and the yellow loading bar at the bottom of the screen would go about halfway then the game would crash and bring up the cryptic error reporter with the ticket code 45296323 if anyone has figured this out post the solution cause ive tried everything I could possibly do I really wanna play this game if anyone is wondering about my operating system I have windows 7 professional 32 bit with dual core processor and G33 express chipset family edition grapics card that works fine with any other game I play like world of warcraft diablo conquer online and other mmorpg games with high graphics without any issues so post a solution if you have one plz
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    I seem to be having the same problem in a way tho I havent never played this game before I still could fix it if I knew what was causing the problem ive tried uninstall delete gamepref. File tried flushing my dns and deleting all the hogg files in the pigg folder tried all the options on the start up on the game it crashes everytime I tried to choose a class when im creating a character I finally just said screw it and created the default class and I finally created it then I hit enter world and the yellow loading bar at the bottom of the screen would go about halfway then the game would crash and bring up the cryptic error reporter with the ticket code 45296323 if anyone has figured this out post the solution cause ive tried everything I could possibly do I really wanna play this game if anyone is wondering about my operating system I have windows 7 professional 32 bit with dual core processor and G33 express chipset family edition grapics card that works fine with any other game I play like world of warcraft diablo conquer online and other mmorpg games with high graphics without any issues so post a solution if you have one plz

Do what I instructed in my post right above yours. Worked for me on my laptop.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    Do what myowmyow said , another possible fix is this , on the character select screen press options and at the bottom is a space to enter a command , type d3d9 then save and that sometimes fixes the issue.

YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • denouncerbastarddenouncerbastard Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Nope still nothing game is still crashimg when I trying enter world
  • thehumancodexthehumancodex Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    Have to say nope!