test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.45.20150618a.3

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Content and Environment
• Drowned Shore: Subterranean Surge: The encounters should now fully despawn when the heroic encounter is over.
• Lair of Lostmauth: Resolved an issue with collision on the door after the Fire Scorpions.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Content and Environment
    • Drowned Shore: Subterranean Surge: The encounters should now fully despawn when the heroic encounter is over.
    • Lair of Lostmauth: Resolved an issue with collision on the door after the Fire Scorpions.

With the current outrage about the overall difficulty and the huge amount of XP needed for leveling from 61-70, I'm surprised that today's patch didn't address this.
    In case this was only a temporary draft, please ignore my post and/or feel free to delete it.
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    Would like to have seen another tweak to the XP requirements... And perhaps another look at the difficulty (the extra HP onto mobs doesn't help the non dps classes).

I am happy that these are up early - The sooner we get to see patch notes (and additional time we can have a discussion with Strum and the devs) is important for keeping up communication channels with your player base.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    romotheone wrote: »
    Content and Environment

With the current outrage about the overall difficulty and the huge amount of XP needed for leveling from 61-70, I'm surprised that today's patch didn't address this.
    In case this was only a temporary draft, please ignore my post and/or feel free to delete it.

I want to see the devs do a T2 -- with NO god mode and with IL in the low-2k range.

And I want to see it livestreamed so we can count the number of player deaths and see how long it takes compared to the advertized 30 minute play time.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • gom8gom8 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    Content and Environment

this is a joke right??? the cut and paste broke and you lost about 99% of the notes right?? like the "that whole triple the xp to over level was a bug.. sorry fixed now!"

it made no sense to double (some) of the level 70+ quest xp.. but then multiple the level 70 overlevel xp by like 2.5X.... why even raise the 70+ quest xp???

• madnitezzmadnitezz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    Ok.. so we are going to have an extra maintenance today, JUST FOR THESE???
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    It seems they are getting lazy and communcation is getting worse.
    • Nothing about when maintenance will start.
    • Nothing about how long it will take.
    • Nothing about why it is done on Wednesday.
    • Nothing about whether Thursday's maintenance will be done too.
  • filishepfilishep Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I think you devs are kidding us. This patch is just another joke for sure.
    You broke (again) a lot things with the last patch, again the sense of punishment with it. At least you could fix the freaking invoking.
    What a shame... All my friends stopped playing weeks ago, game is more annoying every patch. If you were intended to break the game, congrats, you've made it since mod 6. Months have passed and game is even worse. I think I'm finally done.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    I'm enjoying my OP.

I would like to enjoy my DC, HR, SW that are level 70 and the other 5 I have between level 60 and 70. But the recent changes have made it so that my DC, HR, and SW are only playable in groups or PvP and my other characters are too time intensive for any realistic progress to be made moving them towards 70.

I don't mean the mod 6 change, that I liked. I mean the ones made last update to the PvE HP and damage ranges of enemies. I mean the huge increase in xp required to move levels between 60 and 70 while the only really playable content for most classes between 60 and 70 is the Elemental Evil content, the vast majority of which is a mindless grind. Its ok when you need to do it 2 or 3 times and you are making real progress on your levels. Having to do it 10 times to make progress.. no thanks.

Grind is boring.

Boring is not fun.

Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • bernoullybernoully Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    And where's the fix on the Drow Race Quest at Rothe Valley? Still can't enter the damn door.
  • rowin4010rowin4010 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    hustin1 wrote: »
    I want to see the devs do a T2 -- with NO god mode and with IL in the low-2k range.

And I want to see it livestreamed so we can count the number of player deaths and see how long it takes compared to the advertized 30 minute play time.

I second this.

"I have never considered it polite to comment upon the ravings of the insane, nor profitable to engage in arguments with lunatics." - King Avallach (Taliesin - Stephen Lawhead)
  • romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited July 2015

The problem is that there is a huge difference between 2000 iLvL and 2000 iLvL. This new iLvL system that was supposed to replace GS because of how inaccurate it was, is just as flawed and didn't fix any of the issues it was intended to. Companions still don't contribute to iLvL, my Ioun Stone, which is fully equipped with BiS jewelry is still not contributing to my iLvL. You can get a ton of "free" stats that iLvL does not reflect, or doesn't do it well enough.
  • manfred117manfred117 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    This is a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. But not any s**t. THIS IS THE HUGEST MOUNTAIN OF S**T I´VE EVER SEEN.
    Are you telling us that you´re gonna do a maintenance on wednesday in order to correct to stupid issues that nobody care for, but you don´t solve the problem with the invoking or other big problems like bugged clasess as the SW SB??????? ARE YOU F*CKING SERIOUS. 2250 hours in this game and still waitting any f*cking recognision or reward each time I complete a new level, but instead of that you still are peeing on my face. 2 <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> millions of XP point are needed to each level and you reward it sometimes with 5 rank 5 enchantment... SHAME.

I want to know how many Tiamats were been completed since the mod 6 came up. SHAME
    I want to know how good is elemental elven armor in comparation to the empowered black ice armor and if itis worth to do 100 <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> tier 3 dungeons to get it. I wish 5 devs with 2000 IT (more than the min IT that you estimated as apropiate IT) go in a dungeon. I wish you streaming that. I wish you streaming 40 guys doing heralds of tiamat. I WISH YOU STREAMING THAT LAG, THAT FRUSTRATION. I wish you streaming your faces.

Now you can ban me if you want. It is obvious that you prefer players that accept your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and pay for it to players that don´t pay a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for yours. YOU DAMN SHAMELESS.

I´m out.
  • abspabsp Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Any info about NW.45.20150618a.4 on preview?
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    gom8 wrote: »

this is a joke right??? the cut and paste broke and you lost about 99% of the notes right??

If I had to guess the majority of the team are probably focused on preparing Strongholds , usually the closer we get to a module launch the less live patch notes/fixes we get because they save them all up to add to the module launch .
    manfred117 wrote: »
    This is a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. But not any s**t. THIS IS THE HUGEST MOUNTAIN OF S**T I´VE EVER SEEN.
    Are you telling us that you´re gonna do a maintenance on wednesday in order to correct to stupid issues that nobody care for, but you don´t solve the problem with the invoking or other big problems

Even if maintenance contains bug fixes it is rare for them to acknowledge them in the patch notes .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • mungsumungsu Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    Oh joy - they started maintenance early.
  • flasche23flasche23 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    the extra HP onto mobs doesn't help the non dps classes
    the dmg nerf helped my GF though - only issue now is that it takes an eternity to kill anything.
    manfred117 wrote: »
    It is obvious that you prefer players that accept your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and pay for it to players that don´t pay a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for yours. YOU DAMN SHAMELESS.
    man, PWI is on NASDAQ, the game is a business model, obviously they mainly care for paying customers. free to play gamers are only there so the world doesnt appear so empty.
    do you really believe someone hosts all this and puts effort in maintaining without financial gain? what world you live in?
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    Guys anytime we have a non Thursday patch and very few patch notes... It means they are fixing some big bugs. Either the pally reflect bugs, the invoking bugs they don't wanna take the blame for, the elven battle dot bugs, and so on. They don't wanna say they fixed these because they usually don't fix something, they just put drywall over it and hope it sticks. But they would rather fix things and then act like it was acting WAI, than say hey, we f'd this up we are fixing it. Just how Cryptic works. But who knows, this could be different and they just wasted hours of day fixing two of the dumbest patches I think I have ever seen lol
    romotheone wrote: »
    Content and Environment

I will give my account and donate 500,000 dollars if they set up a live stream with webcams of these guys doing a t2. The best part is, if they trained for weeks... months even... they couldn't do it
  • filishepfilishep Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    They are not fixing anything, they are just punishing us with every patch.
    In this game, money only buys time, and right now, paying and not paying, it is simply unplayable. Can't go into dungeons, can't make skirmishes, can't get AD... what are we playing for??
    I only know that every defender of all this s#@]* of mod 6, smell like covered developers.
    Restore the playability or eat your freaking game.
  • pius10pius10 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Don't Trust them, Don't help them..... Let them die, Captain James T Kirk.
    Lets just hope it isn't another twitter'athon of 1 hour... lord neverember has a cold... 2 hours... Lord Neverember's Imp bit his finger... 1 hour... okay okay fine! double xp!
  • lihin23nihillihin23nihil Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    freshour wrote: »
    Guys anytime we have a non Thursday patch and very few patch notes... It means they are fixing some big bugs.

I thought this at first - namely exploit fixes - but isn't it Independence weekend from Friday? Probably moved it forward to accommodate this.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    group5e wrote: »

Wat lol? that's from last year? xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    lol just noticed you're right! Disregard it then.
This discussion has been closed.