test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are you having fun in the game at this point?

krailovkrailov Member Posts: 302 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
I noticed many were saying that the 'fun' is gone from the game. but saying it does not equate to real numbers, so I started this poll to see if the majority are happy in their playtime - whether it is for 1/2 hour or 4 hours. Maybe another poll on how long you spend in game (time-wise :) )
Note I have not specified PVP or PVE, just your satisfaction of the game at this point.

Might is not always right - the powerful sometimes forget that.

The Small Band
Post edited by zebular on

Are you having fun in the game at this point? 401 votes

The fun is gone completely
30%
lyaiseogariouswimpazoidsamothrace22aspirinasionwarpetquistranachtarbouillekatamaster81899vader6139qxzzrkatbozejziemicolierzwergenschubserabsoultertinead51daisydoclegion10398coldfire1080hexxxtrip 124 votes
I am really having a lot of fun
3%
spideymtdrakhan0013ilithynkreatyvesilvergryphdrkbodhishadows1313cyliorygigarayzorfeileacan1967dragoness10mentinmindmakerpekupekuidurynteskilledxforcecodher0 16 votes
Playing, but not a lot of fun
46%
baocatkaldensabre10entoxxkarakla1dinacioxenio85balorinsockmunkeymot1965xiuhdragonalisi1sasagerucellabonezsoltaswordcyberdinnisckisteflondondaddaxferxohighlyunstable 185 votes
Playing and mostly fun, but could be better
18%
angryspritezetahatateshoyahzdreamhuntressxarandompandakacezetzaikoshendaggon87nemo314versynkvetinstynctivenathanmehew2435championshewolfdefiantone99kolatmasterpraxismirrorsrayrdanmagenubbietamsirlidian 76 votes

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    Frankly, the most fun I get out of this game is from the interactions I have with other players. Soloing get boring, and it can feel like work at time, to get all your dailies done. I'l often get 4 other people from the legit channel, and we'll run a elol or KR, and have a blast doing it. When you're on a team where things just mesh, it's truly a pleasure to play. Time flies by, and the rewards are almost an afterthought. It's just too bad that there's such a dearth of content to run, which isn't too punishing...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If it weren't for my guild I would have been long gone. There's absolutely no content left for me to do other than opening more and more alts. Just not interested in that. I solely play to help others at this point, nothing else.
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Currently I still log in to invoke each day, I may stay logged in a while if there's someone to chat with. Otherwise I go back to playing other games.

I still support the game, like once every few months to buy Zen during charge bonus weekends like the current one, but it's not like I'm spending that Zen. I am hoping the game goes in a better direction but it got too tedious and boring.
  • feralplatypusferalplatypus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    After the most recent change in mobs hp dailies have become a tad too tedious so less fun at the moment, sadly. And less fun in general in this mod since higher level dungeons are not doable unless I manage to join a really good team. If, however, with my wonderful guildies we can set up a nice team, then it's a lot of fun. PVP is enjoyable often and sometimes even very much so.
  • ofnieslafofnieslaf Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    no, honestly.

if anyone knows me from before the forum migration. I was the biggest developper defender ever. now? not so mych. they completley ruined this awesome game, i no longer feel the fun and the joy to support them with my money, they scrwed eveyrthign up

regards
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    ofnieslaf wrote: »
    no, honestly.

if anyone knows me from before the forum migration. I was the biggest developper defender ever. now? not so mych. they completley ruined this awesome game, i no longer feel the fun and the joy to support them with my money, they scrwed eveyrthign up

regards
    took you long enough.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    I don't even bother to log in every day anymore -- for what, invoking? To what end? None of my alts are as well-geared as my main, and trying to do dailies with them is just an exercise in frustration.

The latest patch just shows that they still don't get it. They've taken a game that was fun and turned it into something frustrating and, at times, infuriating. I've started looking for other games to play that are actually (gasp) fun.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm going to have to go with "playing, but not a lot of fun". NWO is more of a habit than anything else at this point.

The reasons why I'm no longer enjoying this game as much as I used to are:
    • Many old dungeons are still missing after almost 3 months. : (
    • There is little actual new content after reaching lvl 70.
    • Many of the current dungeons and skirmishes aren't rewarding. Greater Marks Of Potency seem to be gone from the loot table and only so many dungeons drop artifacts.
    • For a non-Righteous DC, all enemies are depressingly tanky. Any solo content is out of question unless willing to reserve unreasonable amounts of time to do it.
    • NWO has gotten much more unfriendly towards alts. Everything costs so much (to refine) that it might be better to stick to a small number of active characters.
    • If you do happen to level an alt, the low lvl pvp is littered with twinks, the queues are long, and when you reach lvl 70, you're back where you started.
  • googlymoogly22googlymoogly22 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    There's really nothing left for me to do except do my professions daily for AD. It's been made frustratingly clear that these developers don't understand the problems plaguing this game nor do they care; I truly believe they don't play their own game. From class balancing, bug fixing, content development, meh, why bother? Nor bother to understand? I could care less about Strongholds; never cared for pvp, which in part is due to the above issues I stated. Many people here have stated the problems saturating this game and even helped give input on viable fixes. The large portion of it is never looked at and even so it's never fixed. It was fun for a while but you have to understand when something won't change. Unfortunately I was stupid enough to stick around, a lot of my friends quit years ago knowing full well this game was never going anywhere but to a slow grave.
  • reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    We lost like half our guilds members this expansion :/ PVP queues take around 10 mins before a game and we are missing half the old dungeons. Also now only way to get gear upgraded is dragon runs and running around in a circle in IWD. T2 dungeons give nothing of value.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    it rocks, finally there is some challenge in dungeons, guild is more active than ever(though we are a small guild), and pvp is back, much better than mods 3,4,5

now if they could remove linus req from last ToD boons, and add some valuable rp or gmops to dungeons
    Paladin Master Race
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Still having fun, a lot of it due to having an awesome group of people to play with.

But this is typical...about 6-8 weeks after each module, things get slow and people start to drift. However, my little birds are telling me there's a lot of awesome potential coming with the next module, so I'd definitely stay tuned.

Until then, if you're bored or not having fun, go play something else. This isn't a marriage, it's a game. You can walk away whenever you want, and come back when it looks like fun again.

Don't take things so seriously.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    -the lag/latency is so high in some hours that simply palying is not possible
    -the pvp matching system is SO BROKEN that at the moment i am facing 3/5 pre-made ALL the time resulting in teammate afkers/logout of simply GG

1. have u tested that it isnt your isp fault, or it only happens in certain zones ? i havent noticed general lag for a long time

2. then you are reaaaaalllly unlucky or play at some weird times, im around page 5 on NCL and queue seems just fine(ofc there are trash, but that happens in any game)
    Paladin Master Race
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    The technical standard of this game is horrible. Between two sessions of Tiamat we tried one VT Run. We must restart it two times because the lagg was so heavy we couldn't even move and as we tried it the third time some of us had still hard laggs and we couldn't even got to Valindra in time because the next Tiamat started.
    The new invoking system is nice but feels glitchy because most of the time it doesn't reconize i hit the pray button and if i prayed through the whole system it shows me still i could pray but nothing happens.
    On a eLOL run i nearly died on a giant golem without a reason. It seems some effects of our party gave the golem a reflect shield and i duelist flurry nearly myself as i attacked the golem.
    So most of the time you doesn't fight the monsters in PvE, you fight the lagg and bugs you encounter.

The PvP feels totally borked. We have a PvP game which determines the Winner by Gearscore and to compensate this we would need a better matchmaking but because the upper 10% of the PvP List seems to only constist of exploiters most players quit PvP in Neverwinter already. And to explain why i think the upper 10% are Exploiters: They use always exploit able items and they are already maxed out with everything and i am like "Okay, the exploit is known only a couple of days now, how did they manage to get an enchantment already of transcendend level and their exploit artifact on mythic which combined cost around 10-15 million AD or around 20.000 to 30.000 Zen or more likely 200 to 300 bucks?"
    So a part of the game is simply no fun to play and to play the same PvP Maps for around 2 years is neither fun.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    I invoke, do leadership professions and do dailies to get boons for my Paladin. That's about as much as I can stomach for now.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • googlymoogly22googlymoogly22 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Still having fun, a lot of it due to having an awesome group of people to play with.

But this is typical...about 6-8 weeks after each module, things get slow and people start to drift. However, my little birds are telling me there's a lot of awesome potential coming with the next module, so I'd definitely stay tuned.

Until then, if you're bored or not having fun, go play something else. This isn't a marriage, it's a game. You can walk away whenever you want, and come back when it looks like fun again.

Don't take things so seriously.

You can have fun doing many things with the right people, hell you could have fun throwing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> at each other if you were all so inclined.

It IS typical that people start to drift, because the game worsens after each module. Yea where have we heard that before? Everyone's "little birds" seem to say the next module will help improve the game, and each module brings further dissatisfaction and players quitting the game. I think this thread is proof of that.

You're right, this isn't a marriage, and it is just a game. However for those that have invested countless hours and high amounts of cash it's a little harder than just walking away from something you care about, probably more so than the people who are in charge of it. Especially when you know the driver at the wheel are a team of negligent developers/management who fail to see the very things that are wrong with this game, even when pointed out to them. The current situation of this game is indeed very serious.

<Let's not use such insults.>

Post edited by lewstelamon01 on
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You're right, this isn't a marriage, and it is just a game. However for those that have invested countless hours and high amounts of cash it's a little harder than just walking away from something you care about, probably more so than the people who are in charge of it.

It's a game, not an "investment". My 401k is an investment. The only "return" you should get out of investing time and money into a game is fun.

If you're not having fun, why do you keep putting time and money in? Serious question.

If the game has only gotten worse over the last two years, then what do you think is going to change? If you have no faith in the developers to "fix" things you think are broken, why are you sticking around? Seems pretty foolish to me.

There's no shortage of great games out there, including tons of F2P MMOs. If Neverwinter is so terrible, it should be pretty easy to find a game to put your time and money into, and have fun doing it.

But let me answer that question with a single word. Hyperbole.

If it was as bad as people on this forum make it out to be, you'd be gone, wouldn't you? But it's not. You're still here. And so are a lot of people. I wish I had the time to go back through these forums and collect the "This game is dying greatest hits" collection. If you believe what some people have said, this game has been dying since beta, doomed to failure.

Yet more than two years later...here we are :)

EDIT: And yes, I've done the same thing. Since Neverwinter launched I've played Final Fantasy, ESO and Wildstar...and ultimately none of them have grabbed me like Neverwinter, and certainly none of them were worth $15/month for. And even as some of them go free to play, you realize that they have the exact same problems as Neverwinter or any MMO. Go take a swing by their forums and you'll see the exact same complaints about nearly the exact same thing. Here's a picture of threads I pulled off ESO a few months ago, when the same horse was being beaten. Take a look, have a laugh...looks familiar, doesn't it? So I don't get bent out of shape over these things. I play, I have fun. If I'm not having enough fun, I leave. No big deal.

"Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    Voted for playing, but fun gone.

I am just playing for old day's sake and for my friends, got some new ones and some returned to see the disaster called Mod 6 for themseleves, lol seems disaster is attrackting people as in RL, but i know, they will leave soon.

Content zero, PVP is an unbalanced credit card/exploit/bot league, especially DOM, no intention to bring back old Dungeons, ninja nerfs, no honest communication, unfair RNG settings, broken and useless classes, to much grind...

Changes need to happen, is this so hard to understand?
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Only reason I'm still around is I cannot find something similar but better to play. I still log in every day and play (mostly pvp) but the fun is being drained from this game with each new patch. The devs just seem to be from another planet as us when it comes to adjustments for NW. Almost never what we suggested but radical sweeping changes that often $crew the playbase over time and time and time again. Each new Mod is talked up to be the biggest, bestest ever but in truth it is on a downward spiral and I fear Strongholds won't be any different.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    Doesn't change the fact, that more and more people are leaving the game. If you want to see some numbers, check out the Steam Charts for NWO.
    I know that those only count Steam accounts, but it shows, that they lost a lot of players since release of module 6. And you don't have to worry about people complaining here in the forum... you should worry about people, that just leave the game quietly and don't look back, like you suggested it.
    People that complain here, and still log into the game, might be convinced to stay, if the Devs start to take player feedback more serious, and also start to show, that they care about the players with much better patches...
    But people that just leave the game without a word, won't turn around and give NWO another chance that easy.

On topic, i only log into the game to invoke and go through professions with most of my characters, i play my OP for a while, since it's nearly the only class left, that can actually enjoy the game with the current changes, but that is it.

No more real money for ZEN, until there are some major changes around here.

Btw. how many Dev teams are actually left working full time on NWO exclusively?
    Isn't the actual Dev team also working on STO and CO too?
    That would be also a point, you should think about...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    What i want to say additonally, such kind of threads occured now constantly the past 2 years and i most likely have the feeling they are being ignored or have hardly an effect.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    There is so much that could be done to improve this game and make it less like "other MMOs" and more like its own thing.

And they need to quit fixing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that isn't broken.

But.. when it comes down to it, I have some amazing guildies, and we have fun no matter what.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    The only thing im remotly enjoing is pvp atm.. which sounds off.. but its true, Ive pretty much stopped running pve at all.. its all a huge grind fest .. and very little return on playing, which is all kinds of sad.

• matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    lirithiel wrote: »
    Only reason I'm still around is I cannot find something similar but better to play. I still log in every day and play (mostly pvp) but the fun is being drained from this game with each new patch. The devs just seem to be from another planet as us when it comes to adjustments for NW. Almost never what we suggested but radical sweeping changes that often $crew the playbase over time and time and time again. Each new Mod is talked up to be the biggest, bestest ever but in truth it is on a downward spiral and I fear Strongholds won't be any different.

Yeah, i have the feeling it is actually a psychology experiment, how far they can strech our nervs. Every patch introduces the 100% opposite, what the playerbase asks for.

Yes, if something similar with a tiny bit of DnD or old school fantasy sytle and similair action combat would contest NWO, i think most of us wouldn't be here after Mod 6.

But the most funny thing, what surprises me, that Devs still think they have done a perfect job.

The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    I am really having a lot of fun
    I will grab enjoyment anywhere that I can.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    Game has become a blatant grindfest. It was bad before but it's 100 times worse now with the new XP to level increased. At one point I got tired of collecting protectors seals. Armor and boots are my last two pieces and thinking I needed 1,000 protectors seals was just... crushing.

On top of that, overflow XP increase to possibly get a power point is just nuts now (at least make it guaranteed!!). It's even worse now that my main is done with her boons and in order for me to get additional power points, I have to grind the same content over and over. It was a nice gesture that refinement rewards were put into DR/Sharandar but otherwise there is nothing really rewarding after boons are completed, no new content.

Adding 50% HP increase to mobs is ridiculous. The mob damage reduction was needed but they didn't need extra HP. Well maybe the trash in dungeons but not in boss fights OR in the open world. People want to get their dailies done asap. Slowing it down doesn't mean "more rewarding". My main is a justice OP, prior to the changes, I did just fine, no complaints. Now depending on what I fight, it can quickly become "omg die already". I'd hate to see what it's like for other non justice OP builds.

All in all, I came into Mod 6 with high tolerance and an open mind. It was the last patch that has finally made me annoyed and disgusted.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
This discussion has been closed.