test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is it worth to lvl up and main a HR?

mistsenseimistsensei Member Posts: 30 Arc User
Hello, I 've always liked archer/ranger type of class in games and I 'd like to main my HR and maybe try the Archery spec over Trapper but i see that the classs now is nothing like what it used to be and has many problems regarding survivability and dps , so is it worth to go ahead and main a HR? (Btw I 'm only concerned about PvE).

Best Answer

• lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    Get a healing companion and once you unlock Cordon of Arrow/Plant Growth things start looking up. I have always played Archers/Hunters in pc games and even with all the bugs present in the HR class I would still choose it over every other class in this game. I have 2 HRs so I keep very busy :)
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.

Answers

• mahgnilligmahgnillig Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    This is coming from a new player so take it with a grain of salt, but I find the archery ranger to be a blast :) That said, my hubby plays a paladin as his main and we usually group together, so PvE content is easy for us. I'm not so sure it would be as fun if I had to solo everything though... survivability really started being a problem for me solo once I got to 60.
  • mistsenseimistsensei Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yeah, I 've been away from the game for a couple of months and it's been even more months since i last played my HR and i noticed the same, after 60 survivability goes down the drain compared to how it was before with HR but i guess I 'll be one of those stubborn HRs that play for the fun of the class after all that 's the point in playing the game, to have fun! :p
  • mistsenseimistsensei Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yeah I'll do just that lirithiel, I also have 2 HRs one trapper and one archery i'm making atm and i think I 'll main the archery one and see where it goes, let's hope in the future they 'll improve our class regarding bugs, gameplay etc.
  • noetic2noetic2 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I'd keep away from HRs. Gets you kicked from dungeon runs. Gets you cursed at in PvP. Problem is that they don't have any decent buffs for your group. Inferior damage. Inferior control. Slow. Dodge is hard to time. With the lag that way it is, half the time I don't know whether I'm at ranged or melee. There are a few HRs at the top of the leader board, but with all the bugs, I expect they get there by means of some exploit.
    Post edited by noetic2 on
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    find a friend to play with, otherwise all will be hardcore for you in this game with a bit mindless grinding (peridots)