What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.45.20150618a.2

Comments

• jim9311jim9311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    rghbrghbj wrote: »
    magenubbie wrote: »
    rghbrghbj wrote: »
    Management to shareholders*-> " Look how much longer people are playing, We're obviously on the right track."
    Fixed that for you. Any dev worth his salary knows this is not the answer to the storm that's raging across this game.

Nope, I'm starting to think I'm right on this one. You said it yourself "Any dev worth his salary...."

Unless there is serious micromanagement going on, management and shareholders only care about the money coming in. It's up to the worker bees, in this case developers, to provide a good product that that people want to support.

i suspect the devs can only do what they are allowed. I tried to give them some leniency when lag was so bad, Inhouse testing on a closed server didn't represent real world connection issues.

This game has received 20 US$ from me. I bought a character slot, a bag and a lock box key. the lockbox gave me two trade bars that i need 198 more of to purchase anything. The bag is obsolete now with all the excess <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> i have to carry in way of refining points.

Unless, they show a real interest in listening and fixing, I will not spend more. If they want a profitable game make it a game worth spending money to play

• scammerzascammerza Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    nosimo wrote: »
    I just love this change, now the greatest risk of death while in combat with a healer or tank will be falling asleep while trying to kill a mob....

Learn to reduce the damage your taking with good dodges and cc powers.
  • flasche23flasche23 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    jim9311 wrote: »
    anyone has idea when servers are back online?

Should have been 45 miutes ago my time
    on the german forums a moderator said 23:00 CEST (thats 21 UTC - about 1h from this post)

rough translation
    "sadly i got bad news for you, new eta is 23:00. id really like to play again myself, but hey, theres days like that"
    http://nw-forum.de.perfectworld.eu/showthread.php/99492-Nächste-Wartung-25-06-2015?p=847592&amp;viewfull=1#post847592
    scammerza wrote: »
    I just love this change, now the greatest risk of death while in combat with a healer or tank will be falling asleep while trying to kill a mob....

His point is we will not need to dodge. The decreased damage and increased hp, means we will fall asleep because they cannot kill us and our dps will take forever to kill them. Thus we fall sleep and let our guard down.
    Undefined wrote: »
    On top of my bugged Transcendent Vorpal, enemies now take 50% longer to kill. This and you just nerfed Storm Spell. Wonderful. More reason not to play.

Cant imagine why you would still use the trans vorpal, except to debuff your crits and buff enemies on purpose? :)
  • palad1n2palad1n2 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I thought I had read somewhere that they had fixed Trans Vorpal, is that not true? If it's still bugged I'm gonna be a little irritated.
    Not seeing any fixes to negation or vorpal listed i patch notes
    The decreased damage and increased hp, means we will fall asleep because they cannot kill us and our dps will take forever to kill them. Thus we fall sleep and let our guard down.

I think this can give DC's more opportunity to use encounters powers that buff the team and maybe more GFs to spec to tactician for buffs and TRs can use wicked reminder without worrying about death trying to stack it on big adds. Hopefully if the changes relieve enough pressure on defensive capability then there is more opportunity for buffing and moving some defensive builds/stats to slightly more offensive.
  • shobanatorshobanator Member Posts: 17
    Shouldn't the servers be up by now? I've been reading twitter and it said one more hour...
  • wuweilunwuweilun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    scammerza wrote: »

*IMMUNE* Well, there goes my strategy. :neutral:
    I have a Great Weapon Fighter, Guardian Fighter, Oathbound Paladin, and a Control Wizard on Neverwinter. I've also tried a Devoted Cleric and Trickster Rogue. Let's just say that I can't find the motivation to cap any of them.
    So my window of playing time for the day has been wasted by a patch that fixes none of players main concerns
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    <snip>
    <snip>
    <snip>

Thank you. :-)
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    hAS THE LATEST PATCH COMPLETED ?? CAUSE I'M DEFINITELY STILL UNABLE TO PLAY ??

ANYBODY ??
    edited June 2015
    So my window of playing time for the day has been wasted by a patch that fixes none of players main concerns

Correct and they will keep delaying as much as they wish. I feel why be lied too? Why not listen to US the people who are giving you money? Oh I don't know because we get addicted. We can end them just like America run by Zionist printing money like wild fire.
  • thepcgeneralthepcgeneral Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    They just extended maintenance until 3:00 PDT.
  • fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    They just extended maintenance until 3:00 PDT.

THX :)

OOH WELL GOOD NIGHT FROM SOUTH AFRICA .... TODAY IS A GONNER
  • lividrnbwlividrnbw Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    ANOTHER hour extend? Because I haven't been waiting around on it since this morning? Oh but you're done with xbox now and they can play? I'm about to delete this game. This is ridiculous. It fixes NOTHING but here I am waiting 9 hours now for something I don't even like to begin with.
  • finchinferno1finchinferno1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    can we get an update as to when we will have our neverwinter back?
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    Classes and Balance
    • Difficulty
    o We are adjusting difficulty for all critters that are 6-~70 using some general guidelines:
    o All enemies now have roughly 50% more Hit Points.
    o All enemies deal roughly 25% less damage.
    You cannot be serious. Grinding 60-70 is mind-numbing enough already and now you made it last even longer?

Also - one-shotting is not a thing in that level range. It's a thing with L70+ mobs and specifically L73 mobs. Players facing L60-70 mobs will actually take MORE damage after this fix as TTK has increased by 50% but incoming DPS has only decreased by 25%

This is combat design 101 guys. Did you all miss that class?
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    lirithiel wrote: »
    I think many people here are misinterpreting the adjustments to mobs. Shar, DR, WoD and IWD will NOT be affected. This was done to make lvling to cap easier. No change to max lvl/end-game content, which is where this change was sorely needed.
    It won't make levelling to cap easier. It'll make it more difficult. This is an overall damage BUFF to mobs in that level range.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    All of you people saying you hate this game.
    You are addicted to neverwinter.
    Look how you hover over the forums like vultures!
    No matter what you will play and one way or another you will pay!
    (Devious laugh)
    If you really didn't care for this game, you would not take time to speak on the forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    edited June 2015
    All of you people saying you hate this game.
    You are addicted to neverwinter.
    Look how you hover over the forums like vultures!
    No matter what you will play and one way or another you will pay!
    (Devious laugh)
    If you really didn't care for this game, you would not take time to speak on the forums.

We've already established this, thanks captain obvious. Meanwhile, those of us who live in America aren't doing anything to stop the Zionist agenda.
  • avengingangel36avengingangel36 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    ahhh demonmonger is right.. *Raises her fist in anger.. damn nw addicts..
  • xreverusxxreverusx Member Posts: 72 Arc User

So uhhhhh yeah. Why change 6-70 content difficulty?!?! When it is IWD, WoD, and 2000 ilvl dungeons that are the issue????

I metered Barakas last night in elol with advanced combat tracker... his AURA hits for 133k every couple seconds?!@?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Yea... maybe this isn't something for wizards to be playing? I feel like all the endgame stuff is designed for super armored dps fighters.
  • alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    You guys need to check out skyforge. No seriously youtube it.
  • lividrnbwlividrnbw Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    magenubbie wrote: »
    lividrnbw wrote: »
    ANOTHER hour extend? Because I haven't been waiting around on it since this morning? Oh but you're done with xbox now and they can play? I'm about to delete this game. This is ridiculous. It fixes NOTHING but here I am waiting 9 hours now for something I don't even like to begin with.
    quit yer bishing. XBox is down as well, so quit spewing nonsense.
    Nobody forces you to wait 9 hours at a computer while you could have been at the beach. You're free to have a life, and it sounds like you're returning to it. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    It's down now. I just watched my friend sit around and play it for a good hour. I do have a life, When I'm off work though? I'd really enjoy playing a game I enjoy(ed) on my downtime. But Updates all week? for stupid <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> obviously no one even wants? Don't like my nonsense? Don't read it. <3
  • xreverusxxreverusx Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    btw: I have NEVER played an MMO before this, and my experience thus far is that the many laments of the players in these forums are futile; the developers do not listen to what you have to say. In fact I feel like they are working against what myself as a player would hope for them to change. When I hear players suggest that the developers are not playing the game, I can not help but wonder, could that be true? Could the people tasked with ensuring that a this game satisfies its player base simply not play the game like we do? Not running a dozen characters from start to endgame without pushing a "godmode" button or just getting BiS items without earning them? I hope not. But Cryptic, prove me wrong!
  • herpnderp2herpnderp2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Haven't played the game since 1 month after Mod 6 hit and still am not going to. The patches since mod 6 were nothing but bug fixes and a big CW nerf (lol?) before even adjusting endgame content. Everyone I have played with in this game says the same thing: there is nothing to do at lvl 70 anymore unless your into wallet warrior pvp. Games population is way deader then ever, this patch doesn't change anything besides making leveling easier, but what happens when that new player gets to lvl 70 and realizes it's impossible to play without spending $$.
    xreverusx wrote: »
    btw: I have NEVER played an MMO before this, and my experience thus far is that the many laments of the players in these forums are futile; the developers do not listen to what you have to say. In fact I feel like they are working against what myself as a player would hope for them to change. When I hear players suggest that the developers are not playing the game, I can not help but wonder, could that be true? Could the people tasked with ensuring that a this game satisfies its player base simply not play the game like we do? Not running a dozen characters from start to endgame without pushing a "godmode" button or just getting BiS items without earning them? I hope not. But Cryptic, prove me wrong!

+1
This discussion has been closed.