Install Arc

Neverwinter Scheduled Maintenance: 6/25 at 6AM

Comments

• xuhnxuhn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    neverwinter is the only mmo in which maintenance lags more than the game
  • delitusdelitus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    elgoruk wrote: »
    Has anyone asked why when you have an event that's due to finish at a given time, they take the server down 6 hours before the end of the event? Seems a bit stupid to me.

you should know by now they always screw you out of the last couple of hours of events
  • ionshereionshere Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    You would think that Cryptic Would expect the Spanish Inquisition on Patch day

NO ONE expects the Spanish Inquisition!
    Hey I found Mini's for PnP DnD that fits
    inquisition5.jpg

Not bad, not bad. I paint models like this for competition and resale.
  • standtictocstandtictoc Member Posts: 5
    its already 8 hours . . . but launcher still not working . . .how long it will takes ????????
    no answer at all.
  • undulationsundulations Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    When is the issue with text disappearing at the end of the chat window while typing going to be fixed?

<Removed moderation comment. Please observe the posted Rules and Policies.>

That's OK, we are all probably thinking the same thing.
  • jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    Spanish Inquisition was a top PvP fleet in STO. The more you know! *swoosh*
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    You know as a network manager for 30 years...

stuff happens

Networks tuff, you know

Better wait for 10 hours than have it porked for the next week
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Meanwhile, at Cryptic studios...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjxI9i5-MGo

• khaymanbbkhaymanbb Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User
    soltasword wrote: »
    Man, it already takes my paladin forever to kill stuff and now the enemies have even more hit points thus making it take even longer to kill them. Meaning that even though they do less damage, I will take even more damage than before due to the fact it will take much longer to kill them. This just really doesn't make any sense at all. Lowering the damage made sense due to the fact it was a little to much to begin with. But adding 50% more hit points to enemies that already had enough to begin with just wasn't thought out at all. Maybe if it was just 10 or 15% more hit points that might be okay, but diffinitely not 50% more. Why always go so way overboard with everything. You way over nerfed the only good skill the paladin had for doing dps and now you way over did it with adding to many hit points to everything. Why not do something in the middle sometime and go from there. Well, I hope you buffed the dps of the paladin class so it doesn't take a hour just to kill one mob in the game now.

I am going to take a shot in the dark here, but I think why we have so many 1 step forward 2 steps back moves from Cryptic is that there is a pro-player contingent within Cryptic that knows our pain and wants to make things better, but this group is constantly stymied by the anti-player contingent made up of 1 PWE suit in a corner office. In my head I see this Cryptic group knocking on the door of Mr Suit and presenting their proposal. Mr Suit loves the idea, but just needs a couple of tweaks to get it past corporate. These tweaks take "we really need to address player concerns regarding enemy balance and lower the damage output of enemies" and turn it into "we reduced damage output of enemies but decided to jack up their HP to keep you playing but with reduced progression". They take quests with stupidly low drop rates for quest items and raise the drop rate, but then jack up the number you need. They offer more opportunities to earn RP, but then nerf dragon hoards to compensate.

It's this silly sort of not really fixing problems but creating new ones that holds the game back. One day I hope that Mr Suit wakes up and realizes HE is the one responsible for the state of the game, and sitting in his comfy chair in his corner office and letting Cryptic take all the flack for his decisions has so isolated him from the chaos he has sewn that he becomes overwhelmed with grief, quits the game business and goes back to his previous job as Walmart Greeter.

It's kind of strange, actually, having played this game for so long, to see the turn it has taken. The devs are really wanting to help us, I feel that completely. But I have a feeling their hands are simply tied by The Man. The Man looks only at quick-dinero, instead of long-term dinero. Bad way of thinking in my opinion
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    mattock13 wrote: »
    whyn0t69 wrote: »
    When will be double refinement points?

Immediately after the 2X Maintenance Event.

now that if funny

LOL

:)

• blodvernblodvern Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    Changes - always worst for players!

Do you realize that combine a decrease 25% in inflicted damage and an increase 50% in HP for Mobs means, indeed, an increase of 12.5% in damage received by player until defeat the foe? Simply math... :disappointed:
  • delitusdelitus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User

better make sure they didn't mess it up too before you dump everything
  • kallonondekallononde Member Posts: 17 Arc User

Unless the 2X Maintenance Event gets even more bigger event and then the whole 2xRP will be over already :smile:
  • excalibur1980excalibur1980 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    9 hours off maintenance and counting? Realy?
  • undulationsundulations Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Just two more hours! :D
  • sinneblomsinneblom Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    kallononde wrote: »
    Hard to believe i was 29 when the patching started and now I'm 30 and still no idea when the game is online again :smiley:
    Happy Birthday ;) eat b-cake..drink something you like,,and say CHEERS

• zickyjackszickyjacks Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 2m 2 minutes ago
    Our engineers are still working on the issue. We will have either a solution or update in two hours. We apologize for the delay.
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 2m2 minutes ago

Our engineers are still working on the issue. We will have either a solution or update in two hours. We apologize for the delay.

ANOTHER two hours!
  • jugger71jugger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 252 Arc User
    Another round of beers for the hamsters I guess...
  • gabote10gabote10 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    So, in order to compensate for this mess, you'll give us 2x RP MONTH right???? shm...
  • soulreaper6666soulreaper6666 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    zickyjacks wrote: »

2 more hours... And that's either a solution or Update.. XD Will probably be an update
  • dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    zickyjacks wrote: »

And with tis announcement, I resign. Be back in the morning... :(

Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User

Smart move would have been to tell ppl 'If we take more then 2x estimated maintenance time, we will adjust RP event according to the extended time'.

Suddenly players would root for additional 12 hours of downtime (4xRP).

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • ellellelleellellelle Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    "a solution or an update in two hours"

Guys this is kind of a big deal.. They aren't even making promises anymore.
  • lordwhitetigerlordwhitetiger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    noooo huntress, who's going to test dungeons with me? :open_mouth:
    Yea, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no evil for *I* am the meanest entity in the Valley!
  • polymemepolymeme Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    "2:57PM PDT: Our engineers are still working on the issue. We will have either a solution or update in two hours. We apologize for the delay."

Well then, I guess I don't get to play today after all. Awesome.
  • emt27emt27 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    1800 hrs here and no game... please let me get my fix
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Just testing..
    Post edited by colonelwing on

• asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    2:57PM PDT: Our engineers are still working on the issue. We will have either a solution or update in two hours. We apologize for the delay.

Yay minimum 2 hours more.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    Was 45 min an hour ago and now its 1 hour longer. Looks like they messed more stuff up. Going in the wrong direction. I hope in an hour they do not say its 2 hours longer.

Looks like i can see the future....
This discussion has been closed.