test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "New Race(s)" Feedback Thread!

zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
edited August 2017 in Player Feedback (PC)
Welcome to the New Race(s) Feedback Thread!

8G2d4gG.gif

Which one of the following Races would you like to see next in Neverwinter the most?

The choices presented to you are:
Aarakocra, Aasimar, Changeling, Genasi, Goliath, Gnome, Minotaur, Shifter, and Warforged.

8G2d4gG.gif

As much in the D&D Universe has and is changing, and we now have 5th edition and the Forgotten Realms being the core of the D&D Universe, the poll options have been updated to reflect current core source material for D&D Next, a.k.a. "5th Edition."

The following are 5th edition races that do not yet exist as player races in Neverwinter but do exist as core playable races in 5th edition source material. While this list is not necessarily a complete list, it holds true to the core races that hold the most likelihood to be seen translated into Neverwinter. If your most desired race isn't on this list, please choose one from this list that you'd like to see the most or select "Something else.." and then let us know your other race wish in the comments below.

This thread and "The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread" are each respectively recreated when a new Race or Class is added to the game. Creating additional threads on New Classes and Races will summarily be closed. Please use these threads to discuss and purvey your feedback on New Classes and Races not yet in the game.

Disclaimer: This is by no means meant to be any sort of confirmation or sign for what is in store next for Neverwinter. Furthermore, this poll isn't on classical races, it is based off of 5th Edition core rules. I was specifically asked to stick with 5th edition in this and the class poll as Wizards of the Coast (and notable authors) have been taking a more hands-on role with Neverwinter.

Choose wisely. Now discuss your choice here, should you so choose.

8G2d4gG.gif
Post edited by zebular on

The "New Race(s)" Feedback Thread! 1435 votes

Aarakocra
4% 71 votes
Aasimar
12% 176 votes
Changeling
6% 97 votes
Genasi
9% 136 votes
Goliath
6% 90 votes
Gnome
16% 233 votes
Minotaur
17% 244 votes
Shifter
9% 132 votes
Warforged
11% 159 votes
Something else... (post your desire)
6% 97 votes

Comments

• zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    quspiv wrote: »
    Vampires or werewolf.

Sorry but those r not races anymore. Tho i wish for option to vampirize or such our toons...

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• darnximxdeaddarnximxdead Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    lizardfolk (dragonborn, were meh)
  • szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Minotaur for life!
    200_s.gif
  • shinshoryuukenshinshoryuuken Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Despite the disclaimer at OP, afaik only aasimar is a classic playable choice. We did have DDO include warforged and that was great, but all things considered aasimar is the sensible choice. I would like to see how gnomes would fare in NWO though.
  • drauksdrauks Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yes, DDO included Warforged, but that was set in Eberron, not Faerûn. Personally, out of this list, I'd have to throw my hat towards minotaurs.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    For me, I chose gnome as they're one of the oldest races (for a time a monster) that has made quite a stable in D&D and other gaming genres. I'd also like to see the Aaracokra and Aasimar. In fact, I'd like to see everything on that list, except for Warforged. I am still miffed they made it as a core race yet Kender were nixed in the early playtests.
    quspiv wrote: »
    Vampires or werewolf.
    Vampirism and Lycanthropy are not races (or even classes) in 5th edition. They are now properly an affliction. So, unless WotC allows Neverwinter to take some serious lore liberties (which that is one thing WotC rarely allows) or some fundamental changes happen to them in core lore, we won't see these two as races or classes in Neverwinter.

• vampirecavyvampirecavy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    "Classically", drow and tiefling aren't playable races, but they are in 4e. As are Minotaurs, for that matter. Goliaths were in 4e and I'm not sure about previous editions. Conversely, gnomes aren't playable in 4e, despite being in earlier editions, and I -think- the shifter and changeling are the same way.

Based on the Paladin class and the recent content releases, though, we're in 5e now, which has, from what I understand, basically every race as playable.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    "Classically", drow and tiefling aren't playable races, but they are in 4e. As are Minotaurs, for that matter. Goliaths were in 4e and I'm not sure about previous editions. Conversely, gnomes aren't playable in 4e, despite being in earlier editions, and I -think- the shifter and changeling are the same way.

Based on the Paladin class and the recent content releases, though, we're in 5e now, which has, from what I understand, basically every race as playable.
    This poll isn't on classical races, it is based off of 5th Edition core rules. I was specifically asked to stick with 5th edition in this and the class poll as Wizards of the Coast (and notable authors) have been taking a more hands-on role with Neverwinter.

Drow and Tiefling are core races in the Realms in 5th edition. The core race list for 5th edition is rather short, compared to 3rd and 4th. Take all the races we have now in game and add them to the ones listed in this poll and that is ALL of the core races in 5th edition. ;)
  • shinshoryuukenshinshoryuuken Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    drauks wrote: »
    Yes, DDO included Warforged, but that was set in Eberron, not Faerûn. Personally, out of this list, I'd have to throw my hat towards minotaurs.
    Exactly my point. Thus why I did not choose Warforged.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    Gnome was an AD&D first edition race, so I feel it should be the next race. The rest of those on the list did not even exist as player races at that time.

Give us the gnome! Old schoooooool!!!
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
    FYI, I just updated the disclaimer in the OP:
    Disclaimer: This is by no means meant to be any sort of confirmation or sign for what is in store next for Neverwinter. Furthermore, this poll isn't on classical races, it is based off of 5th Edition core rules. I was specifically asked to stick with 5th edition in this and the class poll as Wizards of the Coast (and notable authors) have been taking a more hands-on role with Neverwinter.
  • xreverusxxreverusx Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited June 2015

They added Gnomes in the Player's Handbook 2 ... (4e)

• hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    I want my next race to be a Trash Mob. Yes they just did a nerf to my damage but they gave me even more health to make up for it. So BOOM in your face . And add on top my natural resistance to control I am a win win, Sure they will nerf me in short order after I make it to PvP but hey will be fun till then.
  • elderdayselderdays Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    I don't want to sound like a party pooper but I don't think we need another race. I think the major player races are reasonably well represented right now.

While I don't see them being a very popular choice I'd throw my supported behind gnomes if push came to shove.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    say no to kobolds, who really want to see "deekin, dekiin, deakin, or diiken" or even worst, dookin clones running around and spamming for LFG.
  • vaulwynvaulwyn Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    Please stick to Faerûn races

That said if were including creatures that are classically monsters then i would choose -

either
    Skeletal - aka skeletal warrior/wizards
    or
    Half Demons
    GF - Sigh
  • kingarthyrkingarthyr Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Well, if they're not sticking to strict D&D, why should we stick to Faerun races? Personally, I'd love to see a kender
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    i think we need gnome as classic playable race.
    then propably we already lost a good occasion to introduce genasi.. mod 6 was perfect for the with spinward

i like shifter too because it would be interesting to see how they would develop them.. voted for shifter
  • yodaminionyodaminion Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    Unless they are going to give players the ability to fly, nothing with wings should be up for consideration. At all, ever.
    edited July 2015
    vaulwyn wrote: »

That said if were including creatures that are classically monsters then i would choose -

either
    or
    Half Demons
    kingarthyr wrote: »
    Well, if they're not sticking to strict D&D, why should we stick to Faerun races? Personally, I'd love to see a kender

The poll's choices are strict core dungeons and dragons, for 5th edition. Kender was almost a core race actually. It was taken out as a core race after an early playtest, warforged remained however.
  • tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    Mod 6 did introduce genasi, just not playable ones. IMO it's only a matter of time though.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    Gnome monks ftw!
  • azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    zebular wrote: »
    vaulwyn wrote: »

either
    or
    Half Demons
    kingarthyr wrote: »

The poll's choices are strict core dungeons and dragons, for 5th edition. Kender was almost a core race actually. It was taken out as a core race after an early playtest, warforged remained however.

Aww, Kender was my favorite Dragonlance race, much more desirable then some warforged thing.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • digomaximusdigomaximus Member Posts: 1 New User
    I wanna Aasimar
  • lmk2lmk2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    I would prefer Kobold considering that they could have half the job done using the current Kobolds model and their animations.
    Would choose Aasimar from the current choices, because the game would be rather "unkind" to Genasi and Warforged.
  • dughaldughal Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    I'm probably the only one, but I'd like to see Giff.